Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium Update
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 388 Guests

Stadium Update

This thread currently has 34,842 views. Print
28 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
August 19, 2016, 1:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
Logged Offline
Private Message
Vance Warner
August 19, 2016, 1:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
This is the first time I've heard that the stadium might be built in stages. Scenario A would be horrendous - two stands for 5 years. Bye bye atmosphere, bye bye feel good factor, bye bye attendances, bye bye GTFC.

Two alternative future development scenarios have been proposed by GTFC in order to
enable the development of a proposed 14,000 seat capacity stadium at Peaks Parkway.
These are:
• Scenario A: a 14,000 stadium with associated facilities (i.e. community sports
pitches) that would be developed in several stages and enabled by the development
of housing on five development sites in the vicinity of the proposed stadium. Under
this scenario, it is proposed that a total of 1,488 new dwellings would be developed.
In addition, there may also be some ancillary retail development associated with
serving the needs of the residential population that would be accommodated by the
new housing, but this retail development would be relatively modest in scale.

• Scenario B: a 14,000 seat stadium with associated facilities (i.e. community sports
pitches) that would be developed in a single stage and that would be enabled by
commercial retail and leisure development as well as housing (848 dwellings).

The assumed phasing of the development of the stadium under Scenario A is as follows:
• Year 1: community pitches and two stands (10,000 seat total capacity and providing
players’ and officials changing rooms, club offices, club shop hospitality facilities)
along each long side of the pitch plus associated parking.
• Year 5: third stand constructed at one end of the ground providing an additional
2,000 seats
• Year 9: fourth and final stand constructed providing an additional 2,000 seats and
raising the capacity to 14,000.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 276
psgmariner
August 19, 2016, 1:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Thanks for the links.

Seems we are still at the "convince the council it is a good idea" stage not the "this is where we are going to build it" stage.

Oh and I still really don't want us to move to Peaks Parkway.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 276
Vance Warner
August 19, 2016, 1:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Vance Warner
This is the first time I've heard that the stadium might be built in stages. Scenario A would be horrendous - two stands for 5 years. Bye bye atmosphere, bye bye feel good factor, bye bye attendances, bye bye GTFC.

Two alternative future development scenarios have been proposed by GTFC in order to
enable the development of a proposed 14,000 seat capacity stadium at Peaks Parkway.
These are:
• Scenario A: a 14,000 stadium with associated facilities (i.e. community sports
pitches) that would be developed in several stages and enabled by the development
of housing on five development sites in the vicinity of the proposed stadium. Under
this scenario, it is proposed that a total of 1,488 new dwellings would be developed.
In addition, there may also be some ancillary retail development associated with
serving the needs of the residential population that would be accommodated by the
new housing, but this retail development would be relatively modest in scale.

• Scenario B: a 14,000 seat stadium with associated facilities (i.e. community sports
pitches) that would be developed in a single stage and that would be enabled by
commercial retail and leisure development as well as housing (848 dwellings).

The assumed phasing of the development of the stadium under Scenario A is as follows:
• Year 1: community pitches and two stands (10,000 seat total capacity and providing
players’ and officials changing rooms, club offices, club shop hospitality facilities)
along each long side of the pitch plus associated parking.
• Year 5: third stand constructed at one end of the ground providing an additional
2,000 seats
• Year 9: fourth and final stand constructed providing an additional 2,000 seats and
raising the capacity to 14,000.

To give a bit more of a balanced view the documents clearly show the amount of good work that the club does in the local community. They also show the effort that has gone into trying to acquire a new stadium. The letters near the end (p356 onwards) make interesting reading.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 276
Chrisblor
August 19, 2016, 2:04pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
I'd rather they didn't bother if they're only going to (initially) build half a bloody stadium.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 276
moosey_club
August 19, 2016, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Still all reliant on a partner being allowed to build either 1400 or 900 ish new homes on greenfields....in an area where there are already plans (and objections)to develop the fields around TollBar school with new homes and the site opposite Tesco too...both situated on the feeder roads to the Parkway/Low Farm(?) Roundabout.
That many new homes in a relatively small footprint all need additional infrastructure, shops,schools etc never mind the actual demand for so many new homes.

and from memory i think in the last round of P.R even with a developer and council funding weren't we still short of the actual financial target required ?

Really cant see it happening at PP.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 276
NorthseaMariner
August 19, 2016, 2:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Having quickly read the info, I can't see it going anywhere soon, if ever I'm afraid. I hope I'm wrong though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 276
lew chaterleys lover
August 19, 2016, 2:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Thanks for the links.

It makes me wonder how anything anywhere is ever built in Grimsby if documentation like this is needed for a possible football ground.

Like someone posted yesterday - and is mentioned early in the report - the club has no money or prospect of the major investment needed to make the stadium happen, and I am sure somewhere in that report will be a get out clause for the council to kick it into the long grass.  

It has been said many times but whilst Fenty is there we have very little chance of extra substantial investment, so we are caught between a rock and a hard place hoping the council will bale us out. The council will come under intense scrutiny from the public and no doubt if it goes ahead at all it will be a compromise that suits no one.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 276
Ipswin
August 19, 2016, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Two stands then 5 years for a third and 9 years for the fourth - sounds very non-league to me

Forfuckssake - we'll be the laughing stock once again

'excrement ground no mascot, excrement ground no mascot'

Lets hope its never 'excrement ground no fans'!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 276
Chrisblor
August 19, 2016, 3:39pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from moosey_club
Still all reliant on a partner being allowed to build either 1400 or 900 ish new homes on greenfields....in an area where there are already plans (and objections)to develop the fields around TollBar school with new homes and the site opposite Tesco too...both situated on the feeder roads to the Parkway/Low Farm(?) Roundabout.
That many new homes in a relatively small footprint all need additional infrastructure, shops,schools etc never mind the actual demand for so many new homes.

and from memory i think in the last round of P.R even with a developer and council funding weren't we still short of the actual financial target required ?

Really cant see it happening at PP.

The report touches on this (p308) and basically says 'yeah a bit more thought will have to go into this' -

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/sxk3us.png[/img]
Although when you look at the conclusions on the other sites in the report it looks like Peaks Parkway really is the only even half-way feasible location.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 276
28 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.