1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Teestogreen
August 18, 2016, 4:04pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
After the marvellous Morecambe victory, the next 3 games (away) were always going to be a challenge (not to mention the challenge of actually getting to these away grounds - and the timing of doing this). Losing by a single goal in each of them, probably doesn't reflect 'what might have been' in 2 of the games - and the other one (on paper and with Disley back in) was a very good come back.

Adjusting to this season's Football League challenge is a major step up for the current town management, and the process by which Town turn these defeats into draws into victories is in progress.

I think they will build a side to stabilise Town in this division, and this season is a marathon 'to achieve stability' not a sprint.

Keep the faith.

UTM  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
horsforthmariner
August 18, 2016, 5:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
I agree with this. It's going to take time to re-adjust to life back in the football league.  We need to not get on the players and managers back while this process is ongoing. As long as we don't end up in a relegation battle I'm happy (and after I've seen us against both Morcambe and Derby Ill be amazed if we are in a dogfight to stay up)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
grimsby pete
August 18, 2016, 6:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I saw enough in the 2nd half at Colchester to think we will be ok,

We need to pass the ball and when we did that we looked good,

We do not have the right players to hoof the ball up the pitch.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
KingstonMariner
August 18, 2016, 8:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Completely agree again Pete. You must have been watching the same game as me.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Rick12
August 19, 2016, 7:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I agree with this. It's going to take time to re-adjust to life back in the football league.  We need to not get on the players and managers back while this process is ongoing. As long as we don't end up in a relegation battle I'm happy (and after I've seen us against both Morcambe and Derby Ill be amazed if we are in a dogfight to stay up)
Well said and I was partly guilty of frustration after we went 3-0 down at half time away to Colchester.For one I thought our players were better than that and didnt envisage a 3-0 slump at half time to a side that isnt a big name.High standards I know but I feel you need to have that if your are to a be a success in football

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tough week for Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.