4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
August 19, 2016, 9:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I think aiming for around 14 k capacity is realistic for us similar to the keepmoat , with better facilities I think more and more would be interested in going. Fully agree about to many empty seats is not good but this is one infrastructure project of a certain size and look this town needs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 19, 2016, 10:51am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Mallyner
I love Blundell Park and I have been going there for just over 60 years now.

However, with the advent of the 2 car household, it has become necessary to park far further away and of course things such as the toilet facilities are not good.

However, looking at the attendance at Colchester the other night and the record of other clubs with new grounds, such as when Darlo got one; a new one will not guarantee bigger gates and some success will need to be involved.

I suppose though that revenue from other things that can't be housed at Blundell Park, will benefit the club. But how much money have we paid consultants over the years and why the hell is everything so slow?

The way I see it really the new stadium doesn't even have to be massive, just expandable, something that if someone coming to invest in a football club see's they will see future possibilities in. I think more new stadiums are starting to be like that now, built with expandable possibility rather than building them massive and hoping for the best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
Perkins
August 19, 2016, 3:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I think this could well be the answer to the councils problems, but on a larger scale of course. Easily erected almost anywhere every match day by the fans and dissembled at the end of the match. Or if the result isn't to our liking, just burn it.

https://youtu.be/I9qFesxOVwQ

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ray oxby on radio hull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.