arryarryarry
August 18, 2016, 2:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mallyner
I love Blundell Park and I have been going there for just over 60 years now.

However, with the advent of the 2 car household, it has become necessary to park far further away and of course things such as the toilet facilities are not good.

However, looking at the attendance at Colchester the other night and the record of other clubs with new grounds, such as when Darlo got one; a new one will not guarantee bigger gates and some success will need to be involved.

I suppose though that revenue from other things that can't be housed at Blundell Park, will benefit the club. But how much money have we paid consultants over the years and why the hell is everything so slow?

Will it?

I've asked this question many times and cannot remember a definitive answer, if the ground is owned by the Council will not any revenue that is generated apart from directly due to the club go to the Council?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
scrumble
August 18, 2016, 3:33pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 10
"The council are now undertaking studies to ensure that when they do recommend a site"

It was NELC that suggested Great Coates, and then insisted on an independent survey to ascertain which would be the best location for a new stadium, which was done at GTFC's expense.
It was NELC that suggested Peakes Parkway. Now they want another survey done to find the best site. How many times is GTFC going to pushed about from site to site.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
Mariner Ronnie
August 18, 2016, 3:40pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I don't know a great deal about this stadium malarkey, but I was out of curiosity driving around comber place/ high rise flats area the other day and thought to myself how big of a land mass that it would be to have a stadium there, and a pro being that it'd definitely give the rejuvenation that the area needs. Although somebody on here may already know the goings on with that land already?  

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
Grim up north
August 18, 2016, 3:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
I've been recently to both Rotherhams and Doncasters new stadiums and for me although Rotherhams at 12,000 is 3000 short of the Keepmoats capacity it still looks miles better and visually bigger. The keepmoat is quite mundane same size concrete bowl whereas the New York loos impressive from the outside as it has smaller stands sweeping round to a larger home side stand .Also it is steeper meaning you appear closer to the pitch. It's a shame that a town the size of ours has been held back from progressing this for so long but we don't appear to have anyone with the vision to take the town as a whole forward. Also we don't want an out of town stadium that's out of footfall to the fans who decide to go last minute.Get it on the Parkway with facilities that make a day out for the whole family.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
topuphere666
August 18, 2016, 3:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I still have the conoco dream!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
moosey_club
August 18, 2016, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from topuphere666
I still have the conoco dream!!

In this dream is it still Conoco or has the dream caught up with global rebranding and become Phillips 66 ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
arryarryarry
August 18, 2016, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

In this dream is it still Conoco or has the dream caught up with global rebranding and become Phillips 66 ?  

I didn't know that, I want a new cap then.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
arryarryarry
August 18, 2016, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grim up north
I've been recently to both Rotherhams and Doncasters new stadiums and for me although Rotherhams at 12,000 is 3000 short of the Keepmoats capacity it still looks miles better and visually bigger. The keepmoat is quite mundane same size concrete bowl whereas the New York loos impressive from the outside as it has smaller stands sweeping round to a larger home side stand .Also it is steeper meaning you appear closer to the pitch. It's a shame that a town the size of ours has been held back from progressing this for so long but we don't appear to have anyone with the vision to take the town as a whole forward. Also we don't want an out of town stadium that's out of footfall to the fans who decide to go last minute.Get it on the Parkway with facilities that make a day out for the whole family.

They would have to better toilets than at Millmoor.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
jock dock tower
August 18, 2016, 5:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Aaaah, but none of them have wooden stands. Doubt they have Archibald Leitch rooves on the stand either!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
chelseacity
August 18, 2016, 5:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +355
Gold Stars: 9
Got to say that all the new grounds that i have been to the Rotherham ' New York Stadium' takes some beating, for me that would suit GTFC to a tee.  http://www.tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/rotherham.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ray oxby on radio hull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.