Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalty!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 212 Guests

Penalty!

This thread currently has 4,223 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 17, 2016, 10:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
As Maringer said, it's impossible to fly forward if you're already jumping upwards without a firm shove. Try it.

If Bogle could do that sort of thing he could also be in the Olympics gymnastics squad.

Clear penalty. A goal chance so soon after Dizza's and they would have been rattled. As it turned out all they had to do was sit back (10 men behind the ball for a lot of the second half) and fall down every now and again and get free kicks. Appalling decisions all night by the ref and the lino on our side.

Colchester were clearly better than us, but we could have snatched an unlikely draw if the rules had been applied fairly.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Kris2
August 17, 2016, 10:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from KingstonMariner
As Maringer said, it's impossible to fly forward if you're already jumping upwards without a firm shove. Try it.

You assume he wasn't trying to jump forward in the first place.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Kris2
August 17, 2016, 10:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Everyone's entitled to an opinion mate, but you're absolutely off your t1ts to not see that clear barge in the back as a penalty. It's a penalty everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. As Maringer says - he's got an empty net to head that ball into and the hefty shove is clearly evident on the video.
You need your eyes testing.

The ball was too high mate. He was never going to score mate. He wasn't even jumping for the ball mate. He jumped forward after the defender bumped into him mate.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Kris2
August 17, 2016, 10:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Their player didn't even attempt to challenge for a header - he wasn't close enough to do so, hence the body check - so why would Bogle think he wasn't going to win it? Honestly, it is absolutely nuts that anybody thinks he dived about 2 yards from the goal when a free header into an open goal was on offer. Baffling.

What's baffling is people see that as a certain goal if he didn't jump and fall on the floor. I get this is the town fans forum and we are biased by nature but bloody hell. It's too high for him to get a header unless he starts doing some amazing jumps into the air and it looks like it's heading out of play as soon as it hits the floor. The way I see it that was just an act of desperation trying to win a penalty when he saw the chance from a team that didn't perform so had to resort to that.  
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Maringer
August 17, 2016, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
What goes up must come down - and the ball was coming down. Right around where Bogle was standing.

You're nuts, Kris.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
KingstonMariner
August 18, 2016, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kris2

You assume he wasn't trying to jump forward in the first place.

I take it you haven't seen the clip then or weren't there to see it in person.

How the food do you fly through the air like that without being pushed?!

Like I said. Try it. Get your attempt filmed and post it on-line. If you pull it off, it'll be an internet sensation.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalty!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.