Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalty!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Penalty!

This thread currently has 4,232 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Chrisblor
August 17, 2016, 4:27pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from moosey_club

No red card i think if a penalty is given under the new rulings, a penalty award equals a yellow only, anywhere else on the pitch and i think it would have been given but also on the highlights i think they had an equal claim when Guthrie (?) got sandwiched but got nothing, again i think anywhere else and that would have been a free kick.

Cr@p decisions happen, we shouldnt play that badly to start with to be grasping at straws about what maybe could have happened if ....etc etc.
They looked sharper all over the pitch and we looked pedestrian and p1ss poor in possession..thats why we lost.

Nope, if you deliberately foul someone to stop a goalscoring opportunity in the box you'll still be sent off. It's only a yellow & a penalty if the ref deems it to be a genuine attempt to play the ball (which shoving a striker in the back mid-jump clearly isn't).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
moosey_club
August 17, 2016, 4:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Chrisblor

Nope, if you deliberately foul someone to stop a goalscoring opportunity in the box you'll still be sent off. It's only a yellow & a penalty if the ref deems it to be a genuine attempt to play the ball (which shoving a striker in the back mid-jump clearly isn't).

ahhh...yes...i stand corrected....must get this into my head prior to the new Sunday League season...pretend to play the ball...pretend to play the ball...pretend to play the ball...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Garth
August 17, 2016, 4:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from moosey_club

No red card i think if a penalty is given under the new rulings, a penalty award equals a yellow only, anywhere else on the pitch and i think it would have been given but also on the highlights i think they had an equal claim when Guthrie (?) got sandwiched but got nothing, again i think anywhere else and that would have been a free kick.

Cr@p decisions happen, we shouldnt play that badly to start with to be grasping at straws about what maybe could have happened if ....etc etc.
They looked sharper all over the pitch and we looked pedestrian and p1ss poor in possession..thats why we lost.

This

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Kris2
August 17, 2016, 5:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
It honestly looks like a dive to me no matter how many times I look at it. He knew he wasn't winning that header so took a theatrical dive. There was contact and those have been given but I'd honestly see it as unfair had we got a penalty and scored from that and many certainly would if it happened to us.He just jumps into him I don't see a shove that justifies him flying through the air.  
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Mrs Doyle
August 17, 2016, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Not defending the reason we lost but that looked as  clear a penno as you could get Omar did nothing wrong it was a clear push.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Madeleymariner
August 17, 2016, 8:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Got to agree just barged straight into Bogles back with no attempt to play the ball, clear penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Maringer
August 17, 2016, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Kris2
It honestly looks like a dive to me no matter how many times I look at it. He knew he wasn't winning that header so took a theatrical dive. There was contact and those have been given but I'd honestly see it as unfair had we got a penalty and scored from that and many certainly would if it happened to us.He just jumps into him I don't see a shove that justifies him flying through the air.  

Their player didn't even attempt to challenge for a header - he wasn't close enough to do so, hence the body check - so why would Bogle think he wasn't going to win it? Honestly, it is absolutely nuts that anybody thinks he dived about 2 yards from the goal when a free header into an open goal was on offer. Baffling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
ginnywings
August 17, 2016, 9:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
In Hurst's post match, he said that even the Colchester bench thought it was a penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
chaos33
August 17, 2016, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Kris2

Everyone's entitled to an opinion mate, but you're absolutely off your t1ts to not see that clear barge in the back as a penalty. It's a penalty everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. As Maringer says - he's got an empty net to head that ball into and the hefty shove is clearly evident on the video.
You need your eyes testing.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
cmackenzie4
August 17, 2016, 9:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I've just watched the highlights and that is a penalty...100%.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalty!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.