Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalty!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

Penalty!

This thread currently has 4,225 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 17, 2016, 12:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Just watched the 'highlights' and can't understand how on earth that penalty wasn't given last night!!! How can a player go straight up then diagonal! Reminds me of a very similar incident with Livvo (I think) when we played villa years ago.

Now, am not saying we would've gone on to win, but it certainly couldn't have been any worse than a defeat.

Keep 5hite refs in the conference for gods sake

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
carrot top
August 17, 2016, 1:30pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Definite penalty

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
lobsterpot
August 17, 2016, 2:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Ive just seen that aswell! Obvs were biased but fook me even my daughter asked me " why is he flying? "

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Les Brechin
August 17, 2016, 2:14pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,690
Gold Stars: 174
A Colchester fans view of the incident.......

"Having just seen the penalty incident on the Player highlights, Bogle does himself no favours at all. It's nothing more than Prosser leaning into him, without any real force, and Bogle goes flying through the air like he's been completely shoved. No more a penalty than Guthrie being sandwiched in the first half (which wasn't a penalty either)."

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
Mariner93er
August 17, 2016, 2:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I'm not going to lie, I do think Bogle made too much of it. It was a foul, but come on, he was barely off the ground and the guys leaned on him, the way he went into the net it was like the defender was a trampoline.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
Bigdog
August 17, 2016, 2:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I was directly in line with the incident and had a clear view. Bogle got a shove in mid air, momentum took him into the goal. He didn't have to make more of it. Obvious penalty, please don't criticise one of our players for something he didn't do. Only thing we got from the ref and the lino last night was not giving a second yellow to Boyce, giving us enough time to get him subbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
coxy
August 17, 2016, 2:53pm

The only way is UP !!
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +67
Just seen highlights on sky (one goal missing) but in the build up to on of there goals gowling is clearly been pulled back by one of their players.

Seems like we did not get luck of the green at all but we need move on play better and get back to making bp a hard place to come.

Utm 3 points Saturday 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
Maringer
August 17, 2016, 2:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
It is simply not possible to jump vertically (which Bogle did) but then somehow land 3 yards in front of your starting point without getting a shove of some sort. The defender deliberately barged into him with his back turned so no attempt to play the ball - it's as clear a penalty as you will see and therefore a red card as well. Cowardly incompetence from the referee.

However crap we may have played for some of the game, there is no excuse for the officials failing to do their jobs properly and bottling such an obvious decision. That could be a potentially lost point which is the difference between staying up and doing down or (hopefully) getting promotion/into the play-offs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
grimsby pete
August 17, 2016, 3:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
If the defender had pick the ball out of the air and shoved it up his shirt,

The ref still would not have given us a penalty,

He hates us for some reason.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
moosey_club
August 17, 2016, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Maringer
It is simply not possible to jump vertically (which Bogle did) but then somehow land 3 yards in front of your starting point without getting a shove of some sort. The defender deliberately barged into him with his back turned so no attempt to play the ball - it's as clear a penalty as you will see and therefore a red card as well. Cowardly incompetence from the referee.

However crap we may have played for some of the game, there is no excuse for the officials failing to do their jobs properly and bottling such an obvious decision. That could be a potentially lost point which is the difference between staying up and doing down or (hopefully) getting promotion/into the play-offs.

No red card i think if a penalty is given under the new rulings, a penalty award equals a yellow only, anywhere else on the pitch and i think it would have been given but also on the highlights i think they had an equal claim when Guthrie (?) got sandwiched but got nothing, again i think anywhere else and that would have been a free kick.

Cr@p decisions happen, we shouldnt play that badly to start with to be grasping at straws about what maybe could have happened if ....etc etc.
They looked sharper all over the pitch and we looked pedestrian and p1ss poor in possession..thats why we lost.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalty!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.