Davec
August 16, 2016, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
A plea to all.

If you are thinking of throwing a Pyrotechnic tonight, don't bother, you may see it as harmless and so could your mates, but what if somebody close by has a breathing difficulty? your Pyrotechnic could set of a chain of events what sees this person struggle to breathe and then succumb as a result, this may seem unrealistic but it can happen and why does somebody need to die before action is taken?

Even if you think by throwing them into the Colchester end they'll be made culpable, they won't...

You can cost...
Somebody their life
The club money
The club points...
JUST DON'T BOTHER TAKING THEM.

And to the rest of you...
If you should happen to see somebody in possession of a a Pyrotechnic or should you suspect somebody to be carrying one, it is your responsibility to be the whistleblower, you won't be a grass, you'll just be a good supporter who looks out for others.

We can stamp this out together, starting from tonight hopefully.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
August 16, 2016, 8:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Grasses out.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Chrisblor
August 16, 2016, 9:16am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from ska face
Grasses out.

No, I hope someone grasses the excrement out of anyone selfish enough to smuggle in a smoke bomb knowing full well it could cost the club in fines or points deductions. You can take umbrage with the laws, penalties and excessive hyperbole (nobody is going to suffocate or die from one ffs) surrounding the use of pyrotechnics inside football grounds, but fact is those potential penalties exist and could have an impact on the club. Anyone deciding to ignore that because of their desire to wave a smoke bomb around, or hold up play by chucking one on the pitch deserves everything coming to them.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
RoboCod
August 16, 2016, 9:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
You have to wonder if they are even Town fans, I've never seen such a concerted effort to lose Town points or money. They're the enemy and should be treat as such.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
arryarryarry
August 16, 2016, 10:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Chrisblor

No, I hope someone grasses the excrement out of anyone selfish enough to smuggle in a smoke bomb knowing full well it could cost the club in fines or points deductions. You can take umbrage with the laws, penalties and excessive hyperbole (nobody is going to suffocate or die from one ffs) surrounding the use of pyrotechnics inside football grounds, but fact is those potential penalties exist and could have an impact on the club. Anyone deciding to ignore that because of their desire to wave a smoke bomb around, or hold up play by chucking one on the pitch deserves everything coming to them.

Fully agree and the stupid member threw it onto the pitch where we were defending so the smoke could easily have got in to James' eyes.

I saw someone taken to one side by police and stewards, was he the one?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
rancido
August 16, 2016, 10:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Davec
A plea to all.

If you are thinking of throwing a Pyrotechnic tonight, don't bother, you may see it as harmless and so could your mates, but what if somebody close by has a breathing difficulty? your Pyrotechnic could set of a chain of events what sees this person struggle to breathe and then succumb as a result, this may seem unrealistic but it can happen and why does somebody need to die before action is taken?

Even if you think by throwing them into the Colchester end they'll be made culpable, they won't...

You can cost...
Somebody their life
The club money
The club points...
JUST DON'T BOTHER TAKING THEM.

And to the rest of you...
If you should happen to see somebody in possession of a a Pyrotechnic or should you suspect somebody to be carrying one, it is your responsibility to be the whistleblower, you won't be a grass, you'll just be a good supporter who looks out for others.

We can stamp this out together, starting from tonight hopefully.

Well said ! The problem is that I would  imagine the morons who do this don't post on The Fishy so this is probably a plea to the innocent anyway.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
Davec
August 16, 2016, 10:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from rancido

Well said ! The problem is that I would  imagine the morons who do this don't post on The Fishy so this is probably a plea to the innocent anyway.

I bet some of them can't even read!!!!

they really are a scum element, they must know what the consequences can be, not just for them but to the club also.

I can remember Altrincham away the season before last when we had like 6 pyros thrown on the pitch within a space of like 10 minutes, one of them was even thrown when Grimsby was on a promising counter attack!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
grimsby pete
August 16, 2016, 10:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
WARNING

I will be there and I will shop anyone I see with a smoke bomb.

You could cost our club a big fine or even a points deduction.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
chaos33
August 16, 2016, 11:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Excellent chrisblor post and OP.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
dapperz fun pub
August 16, 2016, 11:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Yeh we really need to stop this before it becomes costly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pyrotechnics

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.