Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 420 Guests

Mighty Mariner quits"

This thread currently has 65,645 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
August 17, 2016, 6:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
A bit like letting Amond go ? as Dic.K Barton said " Will shall see on that one "

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 340 - 419
Getyourfactsright
August 17, 2016, 6:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Marinerz93

What you are are effectively saying is you don't care how Town treat's it's staff as long as they go quietly into the night whilst the club tries to save face and whitewash the incident.

MM spoke up against the introduction of Prem B teams into cup competitions, something most of us agree shouldn't happen. He did this because he thought it was being forced on the club and when he was told otherwise he withdrew his comments off facebook.  A director screen shot those comments before they were removed and took them to boardroom demanding MM was sacked. A director gave MM the hairdryer treatment and then that director told MM that if loved the club he should do it for free.

If you don't care about how badly MM was treated I really hope you don't employee people. Being inventive would have seen a MM side kick at a reduced cost, something the fans could buy into. Why don't you ask a steward how they are treated, what the club expects them to do and if they miss more than a couple of games what happens to them.

Just to say I value all of our employees and that included Andy.

I absolutely refute being aggressive to Andy. He's brought this on himself by not resigning once, but twice.

He was in a heavily privileged position which no doubt helped him personally. Coupled he had a responsibility particularly in the high profile role and with the influence it and he carried.

His initial resignation on social media was frankly accepted internally and when he realised that he took down the two postings and only then. Nothing to do with when the club confirmed how it voted.

You could not work anywhere, slag your employer off, throw your hand in publically. Additionally in another posting generate support for boycotting games and not expect to be spoken too.

Notwithstanding that the Club had no intention of a change. However in my position I had every intention of reinforcing to Andrew that he has a privileged position and substantial influence and had to be carful in what he says publically in this regard.

He said I won't be gagged

I said the clubs not trying to gag you but points out you are an employee with responsability and huge influence.

There was another actually serious issue which found him in trouble. I reminded him that I stood up for him (it's Inprudent to say anymore as its between the club and Andrew.

When I'd made my points to him 'frankly' very quietly and consisly, I moved on to explain that I hadn't realised it was a paid role and that I didn't know why that one had gotten away from me.

I further explained that a lot of people work for the club volenterally and that my request of Andy was to ask him if he would do the role going forward without cost.

He immediately told me sharply how he was losing income by doing the role, missing out on substantial income doing parties and the likes.

He clearly wasn't enamoured by being asked this. So I said don't make a decision in the heat of the moment and take some time to consider this.

That was it. All said on the stairway next to the PA room. There is no evidence to suggest I was aggressive nor can there be any because I absolutely wasn't. Bear in mind there was plenty of people around.

The truth is, Andrew cannot be spoke too about his shortcomings and ultimately it was about personal gain to him.

His statement to Look North was self-centred and very wrong and only adds oxygen to an embrassing resignation.

I trust you will note this with all your one sided track.

John

Private Message
Reply: 341 - 419
robborhino
August 17, 2016, 6:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Wow someone pretending to be john fenty, how sad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 342 - 419
ginnywings
August 17, 2016, 6:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from robborhino

It is John.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 343 - 419
grimsby pete
August 17, 2016, 7:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from robborhino

He often comes on here to make sure we get our facts right.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 344 - 419
fleabag1970
August 17, 2016, 7:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244

When I'd made my points to him 'frankly' very quietly and consisly, I moved on to explain that I hadn't realised it was a paid role and that I didn't know why that one had gotten away from me.

[/quote]

How much ?

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 345 - 419
Mrs Doyle
August 17, 2016, 7:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well two sides to every story your right about one thing John it is "embarrassing" all round.
Time to move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 346 - 419
pizzzza
August 17, 2016, 7:21pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Poppycock
Private Message
Reply: 347 - 419
Mrs Doyle
August 17, 2016, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from fleabag1970

How many years?? the accounts did not shows this income???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 348 - 419
rancido
August 17, 2016, 7:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from moosey_club

a sound financial idea only becomes reality when you actually sell an experience......until then it is an idea to raise additional income.....and its an idea that has p1ssed off quite a few people and made us look a bit naff in the media....

It was also an idea born from many genuine enquiries to the club about doing this. As far as the bit in the media ( on Look North I understand ) who informed them of the situation with MM ? It sounds like it could have been MM himself to make something appear bigger than what it is and him appear to be the injured party.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 349 - 419
42 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.