8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 6, 2016, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Great atmosphere, great performance, great goals, great start. Well done all.
Private Message
Hagrid
August 6, 2016, 5:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Looking forward to tuesday, was a queue forming for tickets after FT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 72
OllieGTFC
August 6, 2016, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I know it's nothing to do with us but Hartlepool fans moaning about toto already his fault for there goal aha

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 72
promotion plaice
August 6, 2016, 5:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Deserved win, could of been more.

Great all round team performance and we still looked good after Gowling got sent off.

If I had to pick a player out Danny Andrew impressed me today............UTM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 72
mariner tommy
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Good first goal and a cracking free kick for the second, Morecambe offered nothing, we were totally dominant even with ten men.
Pearson came on after Gowling was sent off and the back four were untroubled again for the rest of the game.
McAllister had a good chance but couldn't get a shot away.
Bolarinwa is lightning fast and really impressed me, also Davies and Andrew were outstanding but nobody played badly.
A very good match from Town's perspective.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 72
RossFish
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +46
Not my video, but the Davies goal:
[tweet]761959863857602561[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 72
MuddyWaters
August 6, 2016, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Just listened to PH on the way home - says this group of players are 'more intelligent' and we are being 'spoiled' by the quality of our free kicks - he did laugh as he said it and said he shouldn't have used that word!

What has impressed me most is the team spirit that already seems to exist - Gowling sending off a worry and will probably hasten the arrival of another much needed CB - he was having a very good game which is more than could be said for the ref and lino on the Youngs side.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 72
Marinerz93
August 6, 2016, 5:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
When was the last time we won the opening game on a new season with such conviction and ease. Well done lads, great effort and with more fans coming than usual the players didn't bottle a big crowd, so happy right now.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 72
jonnyboy82
August 6, 2016, 5:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Brilliant day all round really enjoyed it , we looked really good.

And thanks rob for the tickets mate, great stuff.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 72
springstomind
August 6, 2016, 5:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Great video Ross. Great performance today, Gowling was immense today, the midfield looked solid, Ben Davies was unbelievably strong and was picking players up not even looking tired at the end... My MOTM was Jackson, who chased everything, grafted,jumped for everything and ran himself
Into a goal on his debut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 72
MuddyWaters
August 6, 2016, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
When was the last time we won the opening game on a new season with such conviction and ease. Well done lads, great effort and with more fans coming than usual the players didn't bottle a big crowd, so happy right now.

Players who seemed to respond to a crowd - there was also a lot less fear in the ground today, a much better atmosphere for the team to feed off.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 72
Mariner47
August 6, 2016, 5:58pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +24
Sounds absolutely amazing. Really wish I wash there but I'm really pleased we started with a win and a performance. Hopefully this'll be the platform for a good season. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 72
Jaws
August 6, 2016, 6:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Very impressed. Thought Jackson didn't get enough protection from ref once he'd been sussed out. Bogle tried a few stupid things and then looked to give up at the end. Davis will be player of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 72
barralad
August 6, 2016, 6:06pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
One of the best pre-match atmospheres for a long time. The "Fish" chant after the players came out was spine tingling.
Town started well and could've had three in the first 15 minutes. Morecambe couldn't handle Jackson's pace and on that form Bolly could be Hurst's best signing yet-such pace and willingness to run at players with the ball.
Gowling was magnificent but I thought we looked a little sedentary at the back and on occasion gave the ball away too easily against what wasn't really very good opposition. Macca had little to do but the one on one save after a bad back pass was excellent.
I ran out of superlatives for Vose's goal last week but couldn't even start on how fantastic a strike it was from Davies. No wonder the two of them were doing Paper, Rock, Scissors last week. Great to have options for free kicks after the last six seasons.
Job done 48 points from safety and counting.
Oh and the fans were great throughout...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 72
Balthazar Bullitt
August 6, 2016, 6:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Lots of positives from today and a cracking atmosphere. Credit to the drummers.
Jackson cause a lot of problems and ran himself into the ground. Thought Vernon did well bringing others in to play particularlyr first half.  Growling second to Jackson for my man of the match looked very comfortable.
Up the football league we go!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 72
Grimbiggs
August 6, 2016, 6:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Good solid start, against a very poor Morecambe side...lots of positives, Berrett superb feet has a deft touch ,quality from Davies. McAllister got stuck in, and never gave up, and the pacy Jackson was impressive up front. Great start and 3rd already UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 72
Codswede
August 6, 2016, 6:19pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Shout out to the midfield! Berrett and summerfield so clever on the ball and Mcallister a little dynamo in the hole. Bolarinwa on the left will cause a lot of problems too he's an absolute tank!

Quality all round and on today's showing a different class to the team from last year.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 72
Kris2
August 6, 2016, 6:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Feels like a totally different team to last season they probably need a couple more games to fully gel but there is a decent side in the making.unfortunately not put all names to faces yet so can't comment on every performance. Morecambe I can see why they were tipped for relegation they lack any sort of quality and after going a goal down early resorted to rough bully boy tactics and hoofing so never seemed a threat. Especially that one with the big nose Fleming I think? He was a twit. But Grimsby gave a dominant performance and seemed the only side capable of scoring could have had a couple more with a bit of luck. Jackson had one cleared off the line and Chambers probably should have passed to Bogle who was in a better position instead of shooting from that angle.

Jackson did well got an early goal and ran himself into the ground even when he was clearly tired he was chasing every ball and often getting too many long balls to chase when playing to feet would have been better. Davies scored a fantastic free kick and showed his experience all game. Looked calm and composed on the ball picks out great passes and led by example. Bolarinwa has a lot of pace on him kinda reminds me of Akpa Akpro except he knows how to pass and doesn't run to the corner flag when he gets the ball. Just needed that bit of quality in the finish and maybe rushed chances I think it was the same with Jackson sometimes probably just need to be a bit more composed and take a couple of touches.

Gowling unfortunate with the sending off he worked hard and recovered from a couple of earlier mistakes to have a good game. Andrew was decent everyone did well though I think Boyce and Summerfield will have better games they did improve in the second half but seemed like a bad day at the office at times giving the ball away a lot and fumbling.

Looking forward to them getting a couple more games together and testing against much better opposition.

Referee seemed card happy and was giving bookings and warnings for very petty things. That one linesman had a shocker.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 72
Rick12
August 6, 2016, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good  win. My mom would go to Jackson. Quick and always looked a threat. Thought Gowling played well    (felt for him when he got sent off). Got up and read the game well.Other players who I thought who played well and I liked the look of were Mcallister who put himself about well and looked good on the ball and Bolarinwa. Quick and made some good runs . Special mention as well to Davies.Great free kick

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 72
heppy88
August 6, 2016, 6:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
What an amazing atmosphere in the lower/upper findus and pony, one of the best ive experienced at BP! Town were great today and could have had a few more. Gowling was immense, as were the whole team to be honest. Although hardly troubled McKeown looked assured and confident, catching everything coming his way. I couldnt have wished for a result like this on our return to the FL, backed up by a confident passionate performance and in front of a bumper crowd! Well done to all concerned.UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 72
jonnyboy82
August 6, 2016, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Rick12
Good  win. my mom would go to jackson.Quick and always looked a threat. Thought Gowling played well and felt for him when he got sent off. Got up and read the game well.Other players who I thought who played well and I liked the look of were Mcallister who put himself about well and looked good on the ball and Bolarinwa. Quick and made some good runs . Special mention as well to Davies.Great free kick

My dad said my mam is free to go to jackson whenever she wants.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 72
ginnywings
August 6, 2016, 6:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Just back from a celebratory pint or two. Really enjoyed that; the atmosphere was good and some of our football first half was brilliant. How we went in at half time only 1 to the good i'll never know but there was some very promising signs. The players just look a cut above the players we had last year and vindicate PH's decision to have the big clear out. They think quicker, pass quicker and look to be more in control of the ball. I was really impressed with our front line; Vernon showing lots of experience and clever link up play before tiring and Jackson running them ragged feeding off him. Impressed with Berrett, who has a lovely touch and awareness and Summerfield looks to be a goal threat. McAllister breaks up play well and buzzes around and Tombola has great strength and pace. The two full backs look very accomplished, especially Davis who looks fit as a fiddle and positionally very good in defence and attack. Gowling had a good game until he went off but i thought Boyce was a bit dodgy once or twice and i do think we need another centre back to provide competition.

I have to temper all that by saying that Morecambe didn't have much at all. Take away Ellison and the long throw guy and they were not up to much at all. The only serious save Macca had to make was from a poor backpass from us. There will be much sterner tests to come i'm sure and i'm not getting carried away yet, but you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that with ease. 3 or 4 wouldn't have flattered us.

Much promise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 72
Grimbiggs
August 6, 2016, 6:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 72
Mariner93er
August 6, 2016, 6:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Great game. I dont think it can be underestimated how much of an outlet jackson will be this season, his pace is unbelievable and play it into the right channel and you'll have the ball or a set piece in the opposition half, as his movement was very reliable. Beyond him, I was pretty much impressed with everyone, although the only doubt I had was on Boyce. Don't think he had anything Pearson didn't but that's irrelevant today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 72
Rick12
August 6, 2016, 6:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

good to know

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 72
cmackenzie4
August 6, 2016, 6:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Thanks for that, Jackson will be a handful for most defences, he looked really good and that free kick by Davies was brilliant.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 72
AndyGTFC
August 6, 2016, 7:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
It's good to be back!

We'll play better teams than Morecambe but you've still gotta beat these teams.  We were impressive, started like a house on fire in front of a great atmosphere, and were the better team throughout. Also, how good was Jackson! Took his goal brilliantly and could've easily had a couple more. Shame about the Gowling sending off but he took one for the team there.

The whole team played well but other than Jackson, was very impressed with Summerfield and Davies in particular.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 72
Grim74
August 6, 2016, 7:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Great start, great performance, well done to the team and management and well done fans.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 72
topuphere666
August 6, 2016, 7:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
What was the sending off for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 72
Teesknees
August 6, 2016, 7:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Grimbiggs

This doesn't seem to work on my pc?!
I'm logged in but does fuk all when I click on it?!!
Maybe I have up "upgrade" to another fcking package pay em £16,000 a year now so Rooney or some other tosser can have a coc extension!
The whole "unexpected item in the bagging area" world is fcked!
FFFS!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 72
headingly_mariner
August 6, 2016, 7:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
Enjoyed that, Jackson was electric. Berrrett and Vernon look quality additions. Have to say Morcambe were shite though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 72
jimgtfc
August 6, 2016, 7:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
Awesome day all round... That fish chant as the players came out was a moment that will stay will me, similar to the Arnold goal.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 72
Mariner_501
August 6, 2016, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Whole team were class. I have a feeling Danny Andrew will be our unsung hero. Looks a top top left back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 72
jaygy
August 6, 2016, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
What a first day back! The fans were incredible as you can hear on those sky highlights and the players didn't disappoint in front of a large crowd at BP which is a nice change.

Jackson my MOM as he caused their defence serious problems from the 1st minute and they didn't know what to do with him and reverted to bully boy antics. Special mentions for Davies, Vernon and Bolarinwa for showing that extra touch of class. McAllister also looks a great little battler in the middle too.

The only criticism is our lack of pace at centre back but we already knew that and Gowling(who IMO had a solid game up until the sending off) getting a suspension will maybe force Hursts hand on this one.

A very happy Mariner today and now the pressure is really off for Tuesday night so hopefully we can nick a result . UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 72
cod_head_doug
August 6, 2016, 8:02pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
Ten men, we only need ten men!!
Absolutely brilliant display today, bring on Derby

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 72
grimsby pete
August 6, 2016, 8:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Sorry I could not get home to see that,

BUT

I will be at Colchester with a little person going to her 1st football match,

If she is anything like me ( and she is ) she will be hooked.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 72
pontoonlew
August 6, 2016, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,834
Gold Stars: 167
Echo most that's been said on here.

Jackson is just what we've been looking for and looks a brilliant addition, his pace is electric and I'm sure he'll be a key figure this season. He was the very best of a very good bunch. I do worry about better sides coming against Boyce but I'm sure that'll be addressed. You beat what's in front of you, I mean by god Morecambe were shite but then again so were Kiddy last year and we didn't beat them.

One thing I did notice is that despite nothing coming of them, our corners and crosses were top notch today. Andrew in particular didn't hit a single bad cross.

Lots to build on, think we still need a couple of additions to have that final squad but I liked what I saw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 72
horsforthmariner
August 6, 2016, 8:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Agree with Ginnywins these players are just a bit quicker, bit more skillful and better technically than the team we had last season.

Thought our strikeforce of Vernon Kay(Den Jackson) were excellent and worked really well together and Ben Davies is a way ahead of Tait/Magnay.

Feeling confident after today. Only worry is the speed of our centre halves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 72
marinerjase
August 6, 2016, 8:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,629
Gold Stars: 147
Things to work on but so many positives..Jackson will be a handful for defenders, Gowling was very good pre-red card, McAllister won so many second balls, Summerfield times runs well. Andrew very steady, Davies great delivery, Bolarinwa raw but has something, Berrett was steady, Boyce had a nervy first 5 mins but grew into it, McKeown did everything asked of him well. Bogle showed what he can do, Vernon quiet but wouldve scored if not for a great clearance.

And we still have players to come in...Dis..Browne..etc etc. Will need 1 or two in but definitely something there in building a side, which Hurst does well.

And the reaction to thr srcond goal...run over to the manager. Already building that rapport.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 72
Bristol Mariner
August 6, 2016, 9:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Still 1.5 hours from home. Worth 10 hours travelling time to be there today. Sat in the Osmond and everyone singing in there too.. Noise sounded immense! Had a few beers with Morecambe, Bristol Rovers and Wolves fans on train on way back. Roll on Wycombe next week.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 72
Les Brechin
August 6, 2016, 9:05pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Great performance today from the new look Mariners with only 2 Wembley winners starting today.

First win on the opening day of the season at BP for TEN years.

I'd be rather worried if I was a Morecambe fan as without exaggeration, that could have been 6 or 7 today.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 72
HertsGTFC
August 6, 2016, 10:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Not seen any preseason this term so overall pleasantly surprised.Firstly well done PH who appears to have brought together a squad of "professional footballers" who want to create stuff.When they came out the first thing that struck me was that they looked physically bigger and as the game went on obviously stronger than last years squad, and there is some real pace in there.  

Thought we dealt with the atmosphere, crowd, occasion? really well and started with real tempo. Once we scored (decent goal BTW) we where unlucky with the one that was cleared off the line and Jackson's effort not to go in 3 - 0 up. Though it has to be said we soaked up some pressure in the last 15 mins but looked well organised in defence. Good save from James on the defensive error.

In the second half we came out with intention and could have bagged a couple more. Thought the lads where blowing a bit up until Ben Davis's great goal which gave them a second wind. Shame about Josh being sent off as despite his lack of pace he was reading the game really well.

James did not have much to do but made a good save when counted on, Ben Davies looks like a good role model pro who clearly can strike a dead ball (wow!) Danny Andrew can attack and defend, Josh & Andy Boyce looked solid. There may be an issue in mid field as based upon today Dis is going to have to do something special to move Summerfield & McAllister.. Berret looked like he was a game or two short of fitness but worked hard. Bollarinwa looks a find and I liked that he looks to get the ball down at every opportunity and works hard on and off the ball, I get why we have signed Vernon as he gives us something different (and could help Omar develop) and Jackson deserved his MOM as he was a handful all day. Subs? Well done to Omar for coming on and working for the team. Shaun played like Shaun and Chambers looked o.k. Also well done to PH for bringing on two attackers after having a man sent off, he could have just packed the mid field.    

So.............Really good start but we will face much better opposition, but based upon today there will be at least 2 sides which worse than us who will finish below us which is all that matters.

Oh yes one thing I forgot thought the atmosphere was great and clearly this help lift the players and make the new lads understand that they have joined a "big club" at this level where pulling on a Town shirt matters.

UTM!!!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 72
Rick12
August 6, 2016, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Oh yes one thing I forgot thought the atmosphere was great and clearly this help lift the players and make the new lads understand that they have joined a "big club" at this level where pulling on a Town shirt matters.
Thats what I thought.Good atmosphere today and felt like a traditional proper football club

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 72
Hertsmariner
August 6, 2016, 11:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
So much to remember today. A beautiful, hot summer's day in Cleethorpes-much too hot for soccer in truth. The players must be 'out on their feet' this evening and about 3-4 kilos lighter! But an afternoon of rich entertainment to savour. Town were outstanding first half-exciting attacking football, and a fine goal from a fine young footballer who worked his socks off throughout (and my MoM, for what its worth). And, like others on here, a special mention for young Bolarinwa, who looks a real 'find' and not least because of a terrific work ethic. The second half was more end-to-end following Town's energetic first 10 minutes or so, but then along came Ben's fantastic free kick. Oddly enough, I watched Dom Vose practising identical deliveries in the warm-up and this is obviously something we'll all be 'spoiled' by this season! Anyway, in summary, just a thrilling opening day for Town and the 6,000 privileged to enjoy it. Thanks to all for making my journey worthwhile-and even the trains were on time! Surprisingly also, the Bristol Rovers fans were in fine voice and friendly mood on the return leg to Doncaster, despite their 1-3 humbling by Townsend et al. Must be the cheerful weather, I suppose.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 72
jock dock tower
August 6, 2016, 11:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Just settling down to a beer and a scotch back home in Scotland after witnessing such an exciting spectacle at BP today.

A truly class team performance. A Wall of Noise around the ground for most of the game....superb effort from all three stands.

Jackson. Wow. Padraig who?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 72
LH
August 6, 2016, 11:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
It's taken me a few hours to soak it all in. We knew we were back but the Town lads reminded us in style.

Jackson is quicker than excrement off a shovel. He was frightening me with his pace and I was there to cheer him on. Reminded me of Michael Reddy of ten years ago - kick it to him and he will chase it. If he stays fit (bit of a scare in the first half!) he will be important for us this season. Definitely look at signing him permanently if the performance levels stay the same as today though although we'd have a job on there!

I can't think of any negatives barring a couple of passing howlers in the middle of the park - mostly committed by the same player but I'll let it slide for today - and a red card which I don't think can be argued if the ref does see it as a foul.

I got home and put SSN on to see Paul Hurst's face looking at me. Town were the third top story on this country's best known sports news channel after being neglected for the previous six years. Wait another couple of hours and one of our goals is in a shortlist of four for goal of the day. We are back and it feels so, so good.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 72
easypeersy
August 6, 2016, 11:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
His name was a shop, his name was a shop!
Luke Summerfield... His name was a shop!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 72
eadiee1973
August 7, 2016, 12:03am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +176
Gas here. Well done Mariners, great result on your return. Good luck for the rest of season.
ps was it only keeper and Gowling in the side from last season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 72
toontown
August 7, 2016, 12:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Cracking game, cracking atmosphere and cracking result! Great to see Town get off to a flyer for a change and my doubts about all the changes from last season have certainly been allayed somewhat. Thought jackson was very impressive, and Davies very good also, along with plenty of good performances from all over the pitch. Morecombe look like they will struggle though so we shouldn't get carried away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 72
fishyfanny
August 7, 2016, 6:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
I think we could see good things from this team this season. The work ethic was top notch, they all put in a shift. Also, the skill level, passing and movement all much better than last season. Not getting carried away though, as tougher opposition to play yet....Morecambe were a very poor side, and as many have said previously, they will struggle.

Pleased for PH, you could see how much he enjoyed his first win in the league at the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 72
kamakazebear
August 7, 2016, 7:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
Quoted from eadiee1973
Gas here. Well done Mariners, great result on your return. Good luck for the rest of season.
ps was it only keeper and Gowling in the side from last season?

Bogle and Pearson who came on from the bench
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 72
Bignic69
August 7, 2016, 8:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Loved that, 2 good goals and a few great chances for it to be more. I thought the Gowling incident was a coming together yesterday but after seeing that he can have no complaints, other than that, what a fantastic day for the club and all connected.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 72
fleabag1970
August 7, 2016, 8:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Brilliant Team performance , that first 20 was as good as ive seen at BP in years . Jackson has power and pace , Vernon looked very useful , Davies oooozed class and Summerfield ran midfield . I doubt we will come up against much worse this season though but you still have to win . At a guess our Team from last Season would of struggled in that game ... Power , Pace , Passing won us the game imo

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 72
LH
August 7, 2016, 9:07am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Another highlight was singing EIEIEIO to the proper words. Waited a long time for that!
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 72
GtfcGarner
August 7, 2016, 9:45am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
I'll put my comment now after letting the ale soak in my stomach from yesterday.. After we lost so many players last year not signing deals and going back elsewhere I felt a little bleak and that things was going to take time to gel and was the new players going to be at the standard of the old ones..

But what I saw yesterday is signs of success for the season starting from the back, Jimmy Mac looks like he was ready and raring to go this season. Both the fullbacks who can put a wicked cross in and both defend which I think will be a major asset this season. The centre halves never looked troubled in the slightest just had to deal with that diagonal ball and knock downs from wingers. McAllister in the hole looks a gem from Hursty and a potential fan favourite, does all the unseen work and let's the footballers play.. Reminds me of a young Craig Disley. Summerfield and Berrett in midfield was just so technically good with the ball I just wonder what York was doing with them both to not draw the best of their ability. The front 3 just linked so so well together it was frightening, Vernon is an intelligent target man and won't score a bundle this year but his link up play is second to none. Both of the wingers/strikers have pace to burn and look to beat the fullback something which gets the crowd excited and will have defences in knots this year!

Woke up with a huge grin on my face at the prospect of being an exciting season albeit we beat a very very poor Morcambe side today which 5/6 wouldn't have flattened us but let's not worry about other teams and enjoy our first year back.. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 72
EY Mariner
August 7, 2016, 9:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
I can't remember the last time I heard such tremendous noise inside Blundell Park as we did yesterday. It was a wonderful, joyous day and the performance on the pitch invited us to dream a bit more. With the pace and movement we had going forward, we will always give ourselves a chance. I'm still only thinking of survival and anything above that being a bonus, but we can certainly aim higher on that showing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 72
jimgtfc
August 7, 2016, 10:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from GtfcGarner
I'll put my comment now after letting the ale soak in my stomach from yesterday.. After we lost so many players last year not signing deals and going back elsewhere I felt a little bleak and that things was going to take time to gel and was the new players going to be at the standard of the old ones..

But what I saw yesterday is signs of success for the season starting from the back, Jimmy Mac looks like he was ready and raring to go this season. Both the fullbacks who can put a wicked cross in and both defend which I think will be a major asset this season. The centre halves never looked troubled in the slightest just had to deal with that diagonal ball and knock downs from wingers. McAllister in the hole looks a gem from Hursty and a potential fan favourite, does all the unseen work and let's the footballers play.. Reminds me of a young Craig Disley. Summerfield and Berrett in midfield was just so technically good with the ball I just wonder what York was doing with them both to not draw the best of their ability. The front 3 just linked so so well together it was frightening, Vernon is an intelligent target man and won't score a bundle this year but his link up play is second to none. Both of the wingers/strikers have pace to burn and look to beat the fullback something which gets the crowd excited and will have defences in knots this year!

Woke up with a huge grin on my face at the prospect of being an exciting season albeit we beat a very very poor Morcambe side today which 5/6 wouldn't have flattened us but let's not worry about other teams and enjoy our first year back.. UTM

Good post and agree with most of it. Just out of interest what formation did you think we were playing? You mention Mcallister, Summerfield and Berrett in midfield and then a front 3, I'm guessing being Bolarinwa, Vernon and Jackson. I saw it as a 442 myself with Berrett on the right and Bolarinwa left. Interesting comments about Mcallister, I really rate him but he reminds me more of a Stacey Coldicott type midfielder rather than a young Craig Disley, who was more an attacking midfielder earlier in his career.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 72
The Singing Fisherman
August 7, 2016, 10:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Great game great atmosphere and all out great day. Enjoyed it throughout. We look to have a lot of pace in the side and the midfield has been improved greatly. Defence looked solid apart from a couple of moments but nether going to be fully perfect in the first game. Reckon Jackson and Vernon will make a quality partnership. Tombola , Jackson and Davies and Gowling the stand out performers for me. Long let it continue. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 72
HertsGTFC
August 7, 2016, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Worth noting we attracted 6000+ yesterday, the Scunts got 4,636 versus Brizzle

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 72
Caveman
August 7, 2016, 11:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
6004 ?

Didn't you see John Fenty dragging those five blokes into  the ground
at half time.

They shouldn't count.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 72
Les Brechin
August 7, 2016, 11:07am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Worth noting we attracted 6000+ yesterday, the Scunts got 4,636 versus Brizzle

Around 1000 Brizzle fans there too. For some reason Scunny don't announce away followings any more but they had sold around 900 tickets by last Friday.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 72
Davec
August 7, 2016, 1:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Good first game back, as it stands we're promoted again  

I thought Morecambe were horrific but we can only beat those in front of us and we were certainly good value for the win

As a team we look fitter faster stronger more intelligent and certainly better technically than last season

Boyce recovered well after a poor start, Davies looked a class above, you can tell he used to be in the championship, Andrew was excellent also, Summerfield bit sloppy at times but still looked decent enough and McAllister does a job, they couldn't live with Jackson and his pace, Vernon looks a useful player and was unlucky not to score, his experience will help with Bogle and Jackson's development, it could have been like 6-0 easily.

Derby will obviously dominate possession on Tuesday night but if we defend in numbers and as a unit and break on the counter with our pace, I see no reason why we can't sneak a win

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 72
moosey_club
August 7, 2016, 2:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Well.....
great result, good performance with some useful insights into the new players abilities.

As a general observation the new players looked more comfortable on the ball than most of the players they have replaced which is a good sign, the opposition will struggle to score if we can dominate the possession.

Good - Bolarinwa, good touch played with his head up and found team mates the majority of the time, happy to shoot on sight and to run and commit defenders, physical unit too. At times he had a touch of the Serge Makofo's about him, dazzling pieces of skill followed by running it off the pitch, but also had good discipline in working back, overall impressive performance for someone who has taken a few steps up in level.
Jackson - very lively, alert and a nuisance, thought he could have maybe had a couple of more goals but seemed hesitant to shoot at times choosing to check back inside instead. Impressive all round game.
Davies - solid, excellent crosses and a cracking set piece. With him and Vose both capable of hitting free kicks like that we might at last get some regular goals from those areas, we have not had a regular freekick threat for some years now, Townsend aside.
Vernon - thought he tired after the first half but linked very well with Jackson and Bolarinwa, aware of the bigger picture. A decent addition.
Berrett/Mcallister/Summerfield -  think Berret is a bit of a square peg out on the right, good player on the ball, grafted but i just think he would give the team more playing centrally and using a genuine wideman on the wing, Mcallister...wasnt sure about him pre season but looked very comfortable in their yesterday and my own M.O.M, disciplined display broke up play and used the ball pretty well, Summerfield....outstanding player in pre season, again yesterday did alot of good stuff but a little guilty of trying to be too precise at times yesterday,overplaying at times which gave them their best opportunity to score towards the end of the first half.
Boyce - looked shaky for first 10 -15 mins but settled down...to be fair coming in from Scunthorpe he isnt used to playing in front of a large vocal support so was probably suffering stage fright.

We lost our shape somewhat when Hurst made his subs, seemed an odd one to me to play Bogle out wide when Chambers a more natural wide man was on the bench, then bringing Chambers on and putting him on up front ??  Pearson did what he does when he came on, solid and simple.

Deserved more than two goals really but cant be greedy i suppose. Goof performance to start the season with plenty of quality available on the bench to liven/ improve us as we go on.

Last word to the ref.....how nice to have a decent ref again, think it was around 12 mins before he blew his whistle with any intent, thought he let the game flow, let players tackle and challenge each other and i dont think any of the cards issued could be argued against in reality.  A refreshing change.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 72
JMT
August 7, 2016, 3:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
someone on the Morecambe forum said this.

"grimbsy are a hoof ball team and a good free kick that is all"

Hoof ball?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 72
gytone
August 7, 2016, 3:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
Grimbsy.... Pfft  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 72
acko338
August 7, 2016, 4:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
There was only one team hoofing yesterday and it was Morecambe!

Some late clearances when down to 10 men were solid clearances, not intended to be caught by attackers but just that - Clearances !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 72
oldun
August 7, 2016, 5:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Yes it was a great occasion and we deserved to win. I think we need to keep our feet on the ground, it is one game against a poor team, I am worried about our lack of pace in central defence against better teams,but I guess PH intends to address this. I am not a fan of the lopsided formation with one natural winger. Berrett is much better inside as  demonstrated by a couple of forceful runs through the middle. Having said all that and not wishing to be unduly negative, I think we can play better and we do have a better squad overall, just need to keep a sense of perspective.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 72
HertsGTFC
August 7, 2016, 5:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Well.....
great result, good performance with some useful insights into the new players abilities.

As a general observation the new players looked more comfortable on the ball than most of the players they have replaced which is a good sign, the opposition will struggle to score if we can dominate the possession.

Good - Bolarinwa, good touch played with his head up and found team mates the majority of the time, happy to shoot on sight and to run and commit defenders, physical unit too. At times he had a touch of the Serge Makofo's about him, dazzling pieces of skill followed by running it off the pitch, but also had good discipline in working back, overall impressive performance for someone who has taken a few steps up in level.
Jackson - very lively, alert and a nuisance, thought he could have maybe had a couple of more goals but seemed hesitant to shoot at times choosing to check back inside instead. Impressive all round game.
Davies - solid, excellent crosses and a cracking set piece. With him and Vose both capable of hitting free kicks like that we might at last get some regular goals from those areas, we have not had a regular freekick threat for some years now, Townsend aside.
Vernon - thought he tired after the first half but linked very well with Jackson and Bolarinwa, aware of the bigger picture. A decent addition.
Berrett/Mcallister/Summerfield -  think Berret is a bit of a square peg out on the right, good player on the ball, grafted but i just think he would give the team more playing centrally and using a genuine wideman on the wing, Mcallister...wasnt sure about him pre season but looked very comfortable in their yesterday and my own M.O.M, disciplined display broke up play and used the ball pretty well, Summerfield....outstanding player in pre season, again yesterday did alot of good stuff but a little guilty of trying to be too precise at times yesterday,overplaying at times which gave them their best opportunity to score towards the end of the first half.
Boyce - looked shaky for first 10 -15 mins but settled down...to be fair coming in from Scunthorpe he isnt used to playing in front of a large vocal support so was probably suffering stage fright.

We lost our shape somewhat when Hurst made his subs, seemed an odd one to me to play Bogle out wide when Chambers a more natural wide man was on the bench, then bringing Chambers on and putting him on up front ??  Pearson did what he does when he came on, solid and simple.

Deserved more than two goals really but cant be greedy i suppose. Goof performance to start the season with plenty of quality available on the bench to liven/ improve us as we go on.

Last word to the ref.....how nice to have a decent ref again, think it was around 12 mins before he blew his whistle with any intent, thought he let the game flow, let players tackle and challenge each other and i dont think any of the cards issued could be argued against in reality.  A refreshing change.

Agree re the ref, much better and though I hate to admit it as long as he had warned him previously he was probably right to book Macca, James may learn that the EFL refs are not as lazy as the NL refs.

Also agree about Boyce settled really well after a shaky start, clearly used to playing in front of crowds similar to what you see at Bradley pitches on a Sunday Morning.

UTM!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 72
chicaneuk
August 7, 2016, 7:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Sadly unable to make the game, but fired up the highlights on Mariners Player earlier. Have to say I was extremely impressed by what I saw.

I'm not trying to take anything away from last seasons team - god knows they finally won us promotion - but the overall quality / ability on show during the game looked a noticeable step up from last season. And credit to Hurst, the overall style of play seems to have changed somewhat - refreshing to see us looking threatening inside the box and causing headaches, rather than last seasons dancing around outside and not wanting to commit to taking shots. We looked threatening up front for sure, and Jackson looks really very decent!

I think we need to bear in mind that Morecambe aren't up to much so I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but if the first game was anything to go by, hopefully we can be a bit more of a threat this season. I am happy to settle for 'surviving' this first season but maybe the team will surprise us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 72
Abdul19
August 7, 2016, 8:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree re the ref, much better and though I hate to admit it as long as he had warned him previously he was probably right to book Macca, James may learn that the EFL refs are not as lazy as the NL refs.

That made me chuckle. After 6 years of watching part time keepers time wasting from the off and getting away with it - first game back in the league and OURS gets done for it!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 72
Tommy
August 7, 2016, 9:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Wow this thread makes pleasant reading. I've got back home today after being in Madrid for a few days on my stag do and I now can't wait for the next game.

Hope the positive atmosphere around the place keeps going.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 72
KingstonMariner
August 7, 2016, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jonnyboy82

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvD_NQrLFo

We've got Jackson
He's going to score a goal
Look out for Jackson  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 72
KingstonMariner
August 7, 2016, 10:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Great wall of sound yesterday, especially when the first goal went in. Could feel the energy being released. From the Ponny the Morecambe fans looked a little taken aback, probably thinking 'it's only a goal against relegation favourites FFS'. Little do they know.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 72
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.