8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
August 6, 2016, 7:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Enjoyed that, Jackson was electric. Berrrett and Vernon look quality additions. Have to say Morcambe were shite though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 72
jimgtfc
August 6, 2016, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,091
Gold Stars: 44
Awesome day all round... That fish chant as the players came out was a moment that will stay will me, similar to the Arnold goal.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 72
Mariner_501
August 6, 2016, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Whole team were class. I have a feeling Danny Andrew will be our unsung hero. Looks a top top left back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 72
jaygy
August 6, 2016, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
What a first day back! The fans were incredible as you can hear on those sky highlights and the players didn't disappoint in front of a large crowd at BP which is a nice change.

Jackson my MOM as he caused their defence serious problems from the 1st minute and they didn't know what to do with him and reverted to bully boy antics. Special mentions for Davies, Vernon and Bolarinwa for showing that extra touch of class. McAllister also looks a great little battler in the middle too.

The only criticism is our lack of pace at centre back but we already knew that and Gowling(who IMO had a solid game up until the sending off) getting a suspension will maybe force Hursts hand on this one.

A very happy Mariner today and now the pressure is really off for Tuesday night so hopefully we can nick a result . UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 72
cod_head_doug
August 6, 2016, 8:02pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
Ten men, we only need ten men!!
Absolutely brilliant display today, bring on Derby

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 72
grimsby pete
August 6, 2016, 8:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Sorry I could not get home to see that,

BUT

I will be at Colchester with a little person going to her 1st football match,

If she is anything like me ( and she is ) she will be hooked.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 72
pontoonlew
August 6, 2016, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,987
Gold Stars: 171
Echo most that's been said on here.

Jackson is just what we've been looking for and looks a brilliant addition, his pace is electric and I'm sure he'll be a key figure this season. He was the very best of a very good bunch. I do worry about better sides coming against Boyce but I'm sure that'll be addressed. You beat what's in front of you, I mean by god Morecambe were shite but then again so were Kiddy last year and we didn't beat them.

One thing I did notice is that despite nothing coming of them, our corners and crosses were top notch today. Andrew in particular didn't hit a single bad cross.

Lots to build on, think we still need a couple of additions to have that final squad but I liked what I saw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 72
horsforthmariner
August 6, 2016, 8:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,599
Gold Stars: 9
Agree with Ginnywins these players are just a bit quicker, bit more skillful and better technically than the team we had last season.

Thought our strikeforce of Vernon Kay(Den Jackson) were excellent and worked really well together and Ben Davies is a way ahead of Tait/Magnay.

Feeling confident after today. Only worry is the speed of our centre halves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 72
marinerjase
August 6, 2016, 8:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Things to work on but so many positives..Jackson will be a handful for defenders, Gowling was very good pre-red card, McAllister won so many second balls, Summerfield times runs well. Andrew very steady, Davies great delivery, Bolarinwa raw but has something, Berrett was steady, Boyce had a nervy first 5 mins but grew into it, McKeown did everything asked of him well. Bogle showed what he can do, Vernon quiet but wouldve scored if not for a great clearance.

And we still have players to come in...Dis..Browne..etc etc. Will need 1 or two in but definitely something there in building a side, which Hurst does well.

And the reaction to thr srcond goal...run over to the manager. Already building that rapport.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 72
Bristol Mariner
August 6, 2016, 9:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Still 1.5 hours from home. Worth 10 hours travelling time to be there today. Sat in the Osmond and everyone singing in there too.. Noise sounded immense! Had a few beers with Morecambe, Bristol Rovers and Wolves fans on train on way back. Roll on Wycombe next week.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.