jonnyboy82
August 6, 2016, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Rick12
Good  win. my mom would go to jackson.Quick and always looked a threat. Thought Gowling played well and felt for him when he got sent off. Got up and read the game well.Other players who I thought who played well and I liked the look of were Mcallister who put himself about well and looked good on the ball and Bolarinwa. Quick and made some good runs . Special mention as well to Davies.Great free kick

My dad said my mam is free to go to jackson whenever she wants.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 72
ginnywings
August 6, 2016, 6:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Just back from a celebratory pint or two. Really enjoyed that; the atmosphere was good and some of our football first half was brilliant. How we went in at half time only 1 to the good i'll never know but there was some very promising signs. The players just look a cut above the players we had last year and vindicate PH's decision to have the big clear out. They think quicker, pass quicker and look to be more in control of the ball. I was really impressed with our front line; Vernon showing lots of experience and clever link up play before tiring and Jackson running them ragged feeding off him. Impressed with Berrett, who has a lovely touch and awareness and Summerfield looks to be a goal threat. McAllister breaks up play well and buzzes around and Tombola has great strength and pace. The two full backs look very accomplished, especially Davis who looks fit as a fiddle and positionally very good in defence and attack. Gowling had a good game until he went off but i thought Boyce was a bit dodgy once or twice and i do think we need another centre back to provide competition.

I have to temper all that by saying that Morecambe didn't have much at all. Take away Ellison and the long throw guy and they were not up to much at all. The only serious save Macca had to make was from a poor backpass from us. There will be much sterner tests to come i'm sure and i'm not getting carried away yet, but you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that with ease. 3 or 4 wouldn't have flattered us.

Much promise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 72
Grimbiggs
August 6, 2016, 6:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 72
Mariner93er
August 6, 2016, 6:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Great game. I dont think it can be underestimated how much of an outlet jackson will be this season, his pace is unbelievable and play it into the right channel and you'll have the ball or a set piece in the opposition half, as his movement was very reliable. Beyond him, I was pretty much impressed with everyone, although the only doubt I had was on Boyce. Don't think he had anything Pearson didn't but that's irrelevant today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 72
Rick12
August 6, 2016, 6:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jonnyboy82

My dad said my mam is free to go to jackson whenever she wants.
   good to know

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 72
cmackenzie4
August 6, 2016, 6:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Thanks for that, Jackson will be a handful for most defences, he looked really good and that free kick by Davies was brilliant.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 72
AndyGTFC
August 6, 2016, 7:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
It's good to be back!

We'll play better teams than Morecambe but you've still gotta beat these teams.  We were impressive, started like a house on fire in front of a great atmosphere, and were the better team throughout. Also, how good was Jackson! Took his goal brilliantly and could've easily had a couple more. Shame about the Gowling sending off but he took one for the team there.

The whole team played well but other than Jackson, was very impressed with Summerfield and Davies in particular.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 72
Grim74
August 6, 2016, 7:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Great start, great performance, well done to the team and management and well done fans.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 72
topuphere666
August 6, 2016, 7:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
What was the sending off for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 72
Teesknees
August 6, 2016, 7:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Grimbiggs

This doesn't seem to work on my pc?!
I'm logged in but does fuk all when I click on it?!!
Maybe I have up "upgrade" to another fcking package pay em £16,000 a year now so Rooney or some other tosser can have a coc extension!
The whole "unexpected item in the bagging area" world is fcked!
FFFS!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.