Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wet fish info please for Saturday.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 216 Guests

Wet fish info please for Saturday.

This thread currently has 3,311 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
July 30, 2016, 6:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Down for the Morecambe game next week, and want to take some decent haddock back with me.

I normally go down Riby Street when I'm down in Gy, but am travelling home immediately after the game. Where's the best place to get some 12 to 14 ounce haddock fillets on saturday morning to take back with me? Ditto naturally smoked haddock as well? Is the price comparable to what I pay down Riby Street, which I find to be very reasonable indeed.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
July 30, 2016, 6:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from jock dock tower
Down for the Morecambe game next week, and want to take some decent haddock back with me.

I normally go down Riby Street when I'm down in Gy, but am travelling home immediately after the game. Where's the best place to get some 12 to 14 ounce haddock fillets on saturday morning to take back with me? Ditto naturally smoked haddock as well? Is the price comparable to what I pay down Riby Street, which I find to be very reasonable indeed.

BP Vicar may be able to help you out with that if he is still doing his rounds, give him a pm.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Les Brechin
July 31, 2016, 9:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,691
Gold Stars: 174
Yep, drop BP Vicar a PM, he still has his fish round and I'm sure he'd be willing to help out a fellow Town fan.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
August 7, 2016, 11:00pm
Guest User
Just seen this, I would have sorted Jock out if I'd known. Haddock expensive at the moment. Paying £6.92 a kilo which most of the country would be pleased with but us Grimbarians are less than chuffed!
Reply: 3 - 11
Marinerz93
August 8, 2016, 10:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75
Just seen this, I would have sorted Jock out if I'd known. Haddock expensive at the moment. Paying £6.92 a kilo which most of the country would be pleased with but us Grimbarians are less than chuffed!

Bloody hell, how many medium size fillets do you get for that.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
August 12, 2016, 8:44pm
Guest User
Paying £7.55 for haddock this week, only medium fillets. You'd get about four. Dirty cod over £8.20 a kilo. Horrific, been a poor week.
Reply: 5 - 11
Sigone
August 12, 2016, 10:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Where can i get a thick skate from, not into this tiny things you get from the chippy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Marinerz93
August 13, 2016, 12:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75
Paying £7.55 for haddock this week, only medium fillets. You'd get about four. Dirty cod over £8.20 a kilo. Horrific, been a poor week.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/xgBkiss.gif[/img]

Woow, that's steep, get your fishing gear out and go on the north wall, just got to hope you don't snag any eels.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
August 20, 2016, 9:20am
Guest User
Quoted from Sigone
Where can i get a thick skate from, not into this tiny things you get from the chippy

Skate house on the docks near Excel. Give them a nudge and you'll be sorted. Or try Excel.
Reply: 8 - 11
mariner83
November 25, 2016, 10:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Does anyone have a van that comes to Barton?
Neighbour was asking as he was let down by someone who was supposed to be coming on Monday.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wet fish info please for Saturday.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.