1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
July 28, 2016, 6:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I don't know if others feel the same but since Operation Promotion and the massive success they seem to have become alienated/pushed out by the Football Club? I have seen and heard some things since the relaunch done a bit of adding 2 and 2 together and getting 5 at times myself but this business with the trophy the lack of action on season tickets and now this SLO situation I am genuinely concerned the Trust are being pushed out? I don't know but with the deafening silence I suspect something has kicked off behind the scenes at the Club and the Trust feel they cant tell their members because it could damage the football club in the long run. I saw first hand to my disgust how the Trust were persuaded to hand over Mike Parker`s shares since then they rallied massively and grew stronger to the point where they actually became the 12th man and played a massive part in getting the football club promoted. I was really hoping to see the Trust/GTFC carry on the good work but alas it seems something is wrong ? The Trust need to say something to it`s members because one or two questions need answering so we can understand what is going on or I can see a massive drop in membership which would undo all the brilliant work of the last few years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cloudy
July 28, 2016, 7:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
The biggest issue for the Trust is losing the driving force since the re-launch, Dave Roberts.

Yes, he is still on the Trust board for the time being but Dave is a proven 'doer' rather than talking a good game.

We have to remember that the Trust people are all volunteers but IMO too many talk the talk whilst Dave was very much one who walked the walk.

Some may say that those who are critical should join the board and make a difference, unfortunately I have little free time to assist
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
1mickylyons
July 28, 2016, 7:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
The biggest issue for the Trust is losing the driving force since the re-launch, Dave Roberts.

Yes, he is still on the Trust board for the time being but Dave is a proven 'doer' rather than talking a good game.

We have to remember that the Trust people are all volunteers but IMO too many talk the talk whilst Dave was very much one who walked the walk.

Some may say that those who are critical should join the board and make a difference, unfortunately I have little free time to assist

I totally agree with your comments regarding Dave Roberts and before him Chris Parker they have done an excellent job but lets not forget there are dozens of others within the Trust who do stand up to be counted and pull their weight .The success of the Trust over the past couple of Seasons has been pretty impressive but it seems to have ground to an abrupt halt that being the case my question is why? On the Operation 3k thread it was mentioned about some news regarding shift workers to try and further boost the gates and just over a week before a ball is kicked in anger we haven't heard anything again only my opinion but why not do this at the start of July to try and gain some momentum?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Wrawby_Mariner
July 28, 2016, 1:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
When times are tough fans rally round their club, and when things are going good things tend to back a back seat. That goes for the trust movement as a whole.

Looking back, Mariners Trust bucked that trend and have more members per average gate than the likes of Newcastle and Leeds.

OP3k was never going to be on the same scale as OpPro, as the amount of time and effort we all put it in was beyond belief.

With a supporters trust, board members come and go so the organisation is constantly evolving, regularly updating itself which I feel is a beautiful thing. Unlike other organisations the trust won't stagnate in terms of the input going into it. Since I'm no long involved but remain an advocate of what they are doing, I have no Idea what plans are afoot. But what people forget is, although mentioned many times before is that people do this on top of their jobs, on top of family and on top of social commitments.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 5
KingstonMariner
July 28, 2016, 1:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Wrawbs, I don't think the OP was knocking the Trust at all. Wonder what's happening with that second Club Board position?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
1mickylyons
July 28, 2016, 2:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
When times are tough fans rally round their club, and when things are going good things tend to back a back seat. That goes for the trust movement as a whole.

Looking back, Mariners Trust bucked that trend and have more members per average gate than the likes of Newcastle and Leeds.

OP3k was never going to be on the same scale as OpPro, as the amount of time and effort we all put it in was beyond belief.

With a supporters trust, board members come and go so the organisation is constantly evolving, regularly updating itself which I feel is a beautiful thing. Unlike other organisations the trust won't stagnate in terms of the input going into it. Since I'm no long involved but remain an advocate of what they are doing, I have no Idea what plans are afoot. But what people forget is, although mentioned many times before is that people do this on top of their jobs, on top of family and on top of social commitments.

Yes please don`t for one minute think I am  knocking the Trust I am just saying it appears to me all is not well and hasn`t been since we won Promotion.The OP3K has hardly had a mention which I have been disappointed about only because I felt and still feel we could have got a lot more and sold out the home end certainly for Morecombe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariner`s Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.