4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner83
July 27, 2016, 11:42am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Just wondering what people's thoughts are now the group has been announced?
Personally I'll be boycotting all matches and donating to charity instead.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Paris Mariner
July 27, 2016, 11:44am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Definitely boycotting.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 36
highcliff mariner
July 27, 2016, 11:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from mariner83
Just wondering what people's thoughts are now the group has been announced?
Personally I'll be boycotting all matches and donating to charity instead.

I am out, keeping my money in my pocket .
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
Ipswin
July 27, 2016, 12:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Can I ask if those boycotting will go to Wembley if we reach the final?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
mariner83
July 27, 2016, 12:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin
Can I ask if those boycotting will go to Wembley if we reach the final?

What do you mean if? It's Wembley we just go there each season don't we?

It's a no from me.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Grimsby2012
July 27, 2016, 12:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
TO be honest, you should support your team and it's players no matter what. Just because you don't agree with a certain set up in a competition, doesn't mean you shouldn't support the club.
It's not really going to prove anything at all.

If you are upset at the way they have set up the competition, then set up a petition instead of boycotting the club.

I'm sure many x will be given to this, but I don't care in slightest because you know this is true either way!

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
LH
July 27, 2016, 12:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
If BP had the same ticketing arrangements as Old Trafford you can guarentee that if you didn't buy your ticket for these games then your "season card" would be suspended.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
mariner83
July 27, 2016, 12:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Grimsby2012
TO be honest, you should support your team and it's players no matter what. Just because you don't agree with a certain set up in a competition, doesn't mean you shouldn't support the club.

If you are upset at the way they have set up the competition, then set up a petition instead of boycotting the club.

I'm sure many x will be given to this, but I don't care in slightest because you know this is true either way!

No X as everyone is entitled to their viewpoint, however GTFC voted in favour of this - despite many supporters already voicing their opinions on the proposed new format.  I believe that a complete boycott is the only way to show how much I am against this.  A petition (which has already been up and running for a while now) will not have the same effect.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
headingly_mariner
July 27, 2016, 12:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Grimsby2012

I don't want to see my team play the reserve sides of other clubs, it's a complete insult to the history of Grimsby Town. I will not support the club on their decision to back the changes to the trophy, it clearly wasn't a board decision and those that made it can live with it. It is the start of a series of changes that will see teams like Grimsby Town lose their place in the football league to Stoke City reserves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
Codswede
July 27, 2016, 12:45pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Quoted from Grimsby2012

I actually think I am supporting my team better long term by boycotting this competition and what it stands for. I may not be there on the terraces on Tuesday nights this year for the EFL Trophy, but the failure of this idea will make it much more likely that I am still there on the terraces in 10-15 years time watching town in a proper league against proper teams than if we were in a league amongst B teams.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › EFL Trophy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.