Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.A. Warned.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 300 Guests

F.A. Warned.

This thread currently has 2,285 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
ginnywings
July 24, 2016, 3:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
It's about time too IMO. It's ok blaming the manager and players for the England team failures but the old guard have a lot to answer for and need a massive shake up. The F.A. Cup could probably do with an overhaul as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36877406

Logged Offline
Private Message
IlkleyMariner
July 24, 2016, 4:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
The FA have not only presided over the appalling England National Team performance, but have allowed the Premier League to steal the heart of the game from true fans.

Sack the lot of them I say, and well done to the government for threatening to withdraw funding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
oldun
July 24, 2016, 4:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Spot on. An old boys network it seems to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
HackneyHaddock
July 24, 2016, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
The FA should not be getting a penny of taxpayers' money either.  £40m a year is disgusting when there is so much money in the game.  That needs to be stopped right away.  I can only think they're carrying on paying it in order to try to exert some influence.  It doesn't seem to be working though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
HertsGTFC
July 24, 2016, 7:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from oldun
Spot on. An old boys network it seems to me.

Wasn't a Town director on the FA board in the 50s and 60s? Was it FA Would the builder or someone like that?

The fact that after we got knocked out of the Euro's that Dan Ashworth bloke was on the telly saying "I know nothing about football" suggests that they do not know their arseholes from their ear holes.How can you have an organisations that turns over millions, controls the National Stadium and the still the best domestic cup competition in the world run by people who know sweet FA (sorry about that) about the business they are in?

They cling to the England Team, Wembley and the grass roots game and they can't even get that right!!! When I was a kid 40 years ago everybody played football in the street, in the park, at school and on the weekend. Why? because we enjoyed. Surely their main brief should be about getting more people playing and England doing well?

They need marketeers to do the marketing and footballers/ex footballers to do the footballing bit at the moment it's not clear who does what.Too many "ladder climbers" I'm afraid and the organisation has become a politically correct plaything rather than a sporting governing body.

They live in the dark ages. BTW that is "just my opinion and not the policy of my organisation"!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
KingstonMariner
July 24, 2016, 7:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Shocked that they get any public money given how much money is floating around the top end of the game. I'm wary of 'modernisation' though. It usually means 'making money is the main objective'. The problem is the FA has had no real power since they tried to win their age old rivalry with the Football League by spawning the Premier League.

An FA empowered to call the shots, with the objective of winning the World Cup, or of some measurable  objective of promoting mass participation in sport, would be fine with me. I suspect all this 'modernisation would be though is giving more power to the top professional clubs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 24, 2016, 9:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Wasn't a Town director on the FA board in the 50s and 60s? Was it FA Would the builder or someone like that?

The fact that after we got knocked out of the Euro's that Dan Ashworth bloke was on the telly saying "I know nothing about football" suggests that they do not know their arseholes from their ear holes.How can you have an organisations that turns over millions, controls the National Stadium and the still the best domestic cup competition in the world run by people who know sweet FA (sorry about that) about the business they are in?

They cling to the England Team, Wembley and the grass roots game and they can't even get that right!!! When I was a kid 40 years ago everybody played football in the street, in the park, at school and on the weekend. Why? because we enjoyed. Surely their main brief should be about getting more people playing and England doing well?

They need marketeers to do the marketing and footballers/ex footballers to do the footballing bit at the moment it's not clear who does what.Too many "ladder climbers" I'm afraid and the organisation has become a politically correct plaything rather than a sporting governing body.

They live in the dark ages. BTW that is "just my opinion and not the policy of my organisation"!

Yes, FA was on the FA and Arthur Drewery was on FIFA. We had friends in high places in those days.

Times have changed. Kids aren't allowed out on their own. The only football they get is when someone ferries them to a "training" session. Either that or playing FIFA indoors. OK a bit of an exaggeration but not far off is it? We will never see another Saturday League start up in town.

As for the Prem, it's all too late. The damage is done. English football is littered with too many Wilshires and Sterlings now. We have to hope Allardyce can do some damage limitation.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
grimps
July 24, 2016, 9:58pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
The whole FA is a massive corrupt gravy train the same as FIFA , the premiership ha a little bit to answer for but the English national side was excrement for years before it came along .
We was saying in the pub last night that if we had fine for Klinsman a World Cup winner as a player and manger he would have to have got a FA coaching badge first , the same badge Mr B has for training the kids on King George  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
KingstonMariner
July 24, 2016, 10:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimps
The whole FA is a massive corrupt gravy train the same as FIFA , the premiership ha a little bit to answer for but the English national side was excrement for years before it came along .
We was saying in the pub last night that if we had fine for Klinsman a World Cup winner as a player and manger he would have to have got a FA coaching badge first , the same badge Mr B has for training the kids on King George  

Best we've done pre-Premier League: World Cup Winners and World Cup Semi-finalists.

Best we've done since Premier League: World Cup Quarter-Finalists and Euros Semi-finalists.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
GrimRob
July 24, 2016, 11:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The FA Trophy has to go. I'll write to the new Sports Minister and draw her attention to it.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.A. Warned.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.