1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
buckstown
July 23, 2016, 12:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,119
Gold Stars: 77
I was bored this morning so found myself trawling through footy forums. Have a look at this Hull City forum, especially the "Bruce's done one" and "new manager" threads. It's a great read for 10 minutes if you've got nothing to do.
http://www.not606.com/forums/hull-city.41/
It's difficult to believe their in the premier league reading some of the bile in these threads. Wonder what they'd be like after 5 years in the conference?
The views on Allam make Fenty look like everybody's favourite person
Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 23, 2016, 12:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Fenty has never tried to change the name to Grimsby Mariners.

Alam has put a lot of money into the club over the years and there is now a problem with the old man being ill. Bruce knew that the club hd to invest in players but it looks like a barmy situation there just now. I could see them being relegated with record low points, even less than the 11 points Derby managed.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
buckstown
July 23, 2016, 1:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,119
Gold Stars: 77
What's even funnier is that some them are convinced he'll get Steve Evans in to replace Bruce. Now that would cheer me up!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
moss_side_mariner
July 23, 2016, 4:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
I would imagine it would be very quiet after 5 years in non league because the fans would have reverted to being rugby league fans

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
FishOutOfWater
July 24, 2016, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
I would imagine it would be very quiet after 5 years in non league because the fans would have reverted to being rugby league fans

You say that but I work in Hull and there are a couple of blokes here who already now choose not to go to games

They're both in their forties and have followed their club since they were kids so getting on for three plus decades of support

To turn your back on the club when they've been there and see the lows says a lot about the way Hull City's identity has been hijacked

The owners don't give a stuff about the old fans...they see the Tigers as a brand to take money off some new breed of fans who care very little about heritage

I know we've trawled the depths for a few years but one of my workmates in particular hankers for the situation we still have

True fans who have stuck with the club through their dark days and who are now (hopefully) going to be back on track in the league

What do they have to look forward to? Stubborn and inept people at the top who have screwed over their faithful fanbase all in the pursuit of money

I'm just glad I was born this side of the river and will never have to put up with their woes

Premier league they might be but for a lot of their fans they would rather be in our shoes

UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 5
promotion plaice
July 24, 2016, 11:46pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
I come from Cottingham and went to many games at Boothferry Park as a child ( Wagstaff, Chilton and the rest )

Harold Needler / Allam ........no contest

UTM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tigers forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.