Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Sheffield United - Saturday
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 362 Guests

Sheffield United - Saturday

This thread currently has 10,154 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
OllieGTFC
July 23, 2016, 11:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I think we will win today, Hursty a Wednesday fan so he will make sure of it

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
cmackenzie4
July 23, 2016, 12:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Perkins
Great picture Les, You in the picture or didn't you invade?

I was on the pitch that day, it's the only time I've ever gone on to the pitch in 40 years supporting Town.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
HertsGTFC
July 23, 2016, 3:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,649
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Perkins
I doubt with this only being a friendly it will live up to anything like previous encounters of which there have been some classics.
The best I remember was the end of season game in 1980 when we beat them 4-0 and won promotion from the third to the second division. Over 19,000 at BP with Joe Waters scoring and Drinkell getting a hat trick.
Their side had the magical & legendary Alex Sabella who went on to play for Leeds and managed Argentina till 2014, but he was kept totally out of the game that day by our own legend Kevin Moore.
Great Days.

There used to be a story that when they signed Sabella they where offered a young Diego Maaradona for £100K he was just about to break into the national team but their chairman at the time thought it was a gamble. Whether it's true or not I don't know but the story did the rounds for ages.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
Grim74
July 23, 2016, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Grim74

If you want pleasant I suggest you keep away from Cleethorpes centre on Saturday especially if you have kids, it's safe to say there will be plenty of United down for more than just a footy game.

To the 18 political correct liberal lefties who stink this forum out can I just say......I did tell you what was going to happen  

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
ginnywings
July 23, 2016, 6:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
With that level of insight and perception, perhaps you should have been an investigative journalist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
Abdul19
July 23, 2016, 6:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from HertsGTFC

There used to be a story that when they signed Sabella they where offered a young Diego Maaradona for £100K he was just about to break into the national team but their chairman at the time thought it was a gamble. Whether it's true or not I don't know but the story did the rounds for ages.  

He mentioned them in his book but didn't go into any detail iirc.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Sheffield United - Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.