KingstonMariner
August 22, 2016, 12:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu here. I'm certain we've discussed this before and there was general acceptance that the Trust were entitled to one place on the board of GTFC but Dave Roberts was regarded highly by the club and invited on to double our representation as a one off. Jon Wood remains our rep. by virtue of our entitlement under the agreement.

First I've heard that Barra.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 175
Cloudy
August 22, 2016, 12:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
IIRC correctly both Roberts and Wood were put forward by the Trust and interviewed by the board. JF stated they were impressed with both of them and although the agreement was for the Trust to have one rep, they couldnt split them and offered a seat to both.

I suspected at the time it was also to assist in the quorum numbers required and allowed John Elsom to retire.
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 175
bax
August 22, 2016, 12:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from KingstonMariner

First I've heard that Barra.

It's been mentioned on here and, I believe, in the local press a few times, particuarly when they were originally appointed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 175
Davec
August 22, 2016, 3:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
This is why I am not a member of the trust...

I appreciate what the Trust try to do and the customer experience at a game has improved now end since them running the bars and the operation promotion was a complete master stroke.

But the thing what stops me is the influence they have on the clubs board, the board has shown time and time again they are out of touch with the fans, now I know there is a trust member on the board but that's not much, because say something goes to a vote, his one vote and one voice is not going to mean much to the other board members should the trust and club disagree on a certain subject. Wood would just get overpowered by Fenty, Mullen and the others. And at the end of the day whatever Fenty wants, Fenty gets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 175
ginnywings
August 22, 2016, 3:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Davec

I appreciate what the Trust try to do and the customer experience at a game has improved now end since them running the bars and the operation promotion was a complete master stroke.

But the thing what stops me is the influence they have on the clubs board, the board has shown time and time again they are out of touch with the fans, now I know there is a trust member on the board but that's not much, because say something goes to a vote, his one vote and one voice is not going to mean much to the other board members should the trust and club disagree on a certain subject. Wood would just get overpowered by Fenty, Mullen and the others. And at the end of the day whatever Fenty wants, Fenty gets.

He would tell you different but it's your prerogative whether you believe that or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 175
1mickylyons
August 23, 2016, 8:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Davec

Strange logic........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 175
lukeo
August 23, 2016, 8:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,311
Gold Stars: 138
I'd say just join the trust out of love for the club and the fact like you've said they've helped improve your match day experience.  whether you love or hate the people who run our club we have a representative on the board. Whether that's a small or big part to play doesn't matter,  most clubs fans would appreciate the chance we have got.

I don't post much on here anymore, but although we've had a tough start we all need to stick together and get behind our club. If we're in the bottom 4-5 come christmas then start to worry and express concerns
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 175
Cloudy
August 23, 2016, 8:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Davec

Surely the purpose of the Trust movement is to get more fan engagement with clubs. For me the Mariners Trust have made huge strides in particular in respect of getting things like Operation Promotion, Open Days, Young adult ticket age range changed, greater concessions for over 75's in addition to new bars in the Pontoon, the away bars revamp ( both of which mean more income for YOUR club). There are many many more.

Ask yourself if any of the above would have happened if all fans had your attitude? Would we be back in the FL? Has the club been better since the Trust involvement began?
You infer that it is just Fenty and than none of the fans have any influence.

IMO together we are stronger and YOU need to join now. Are you a season ticket holder? If so did you actually decline to join the Trust??
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 175
ginnywings
August 23, 2016, 9:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
What's happening with the Trust membership that was offered free with the purchase of a season ticket? My brother was asking me at the weekend, as he wasn't previously a member.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 175
bax
August 23, 2016, 9:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from ginnywings
What's happening with the Trust membership that was offered free with the purchase of a season ticket? My brother was asking me at the weekend, as he wasn't previously a member.

Waiting for club to provide Trust with list of people so we can contact them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 175
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › OPERATION 3K

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.