Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Scouting network
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 316 Guests

GTFC Scouting network

This thread currently has 1,756 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Oly1987
July 1, 2016, 10:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
So after seeing a bit of interest on what GTFC's scouting network is like I thought I'd share what ive learnt. If Hursty will talk to a joe average like me about it why not share the wealth eh?

So Grimsby currently have 1 full time scout on their books who also has a lot of contacts working for him (PH's words). He also told me that Grimsby are signed up to an online network (wyscout or something like that) where you can watch videos and look at statistics of your and your opponents teams to help prepare your team for upcoming games. This also includes thousands of player statistic cards and a transfer market where agents can put their players up etc.

So there we go doesnt look too bad imo with online networks you can get a lot of information about players and teams and this is a great thing to have. Hursty was praising this system as he said that last season it was sometimes difficult to get data, videos etc about your opponent due to their amateur status, lack of funds or cant be botherdness and that in league 2 there is a lot more for him to look at.
Logged Online
Private Message
X
July 1, 2016, 11:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +44
Great insight olly! Would love someone in the know to give a more detailed explanation of how things work!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Southwark Mariner
July 1, 2016, 11:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Oly1987

Hursty was praising this system as he said that last season it was sometimes difficult to get data, videos etc about your opponent due to their amateur status, lack of funds or can't be botherdness and that in league 2 there is a lot more for him to look at.

I guess even for Lincoln you need to be prepared

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Cloudy
July 2, 2016, 6:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Towns biggest 'scouting network' is the management team.
Hurst, Doig and Warrington watch a ridiculous number of games at all levels, looking at players, formations etc. Sometimes all 3 will watch 2 games each on a Wed if possible. It builds up knowledge and a data base that they will take with them wherever they go
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
mariner83
July 2, 2016, 8:36am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Cloudy
Towns biggest 'scouting network' is the management team.
Hurst, Doig and Warrington watch a ridiculous number of games at all levels, looking at players, formations etc.

Maybe Hodgson should ask them for tips
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Posh Harry
July 2, 2016, 10:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from mariner83

Maybe Hodgson should ask them for tips

After that performance against Iceland tips are the only thing hodgson will be earning, as a bl88dy waiter somewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
99agrant
July 2, 2016, 11:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +127
Gold Stars: 4
With Hodgson earning £3.5 million per year between the World Cup debacle and this latest debacle I would imagine he will be ok!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Scouting network

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.