Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tips on losing weight
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 284 Guests

Tips on losing weight

This thread currently has 6,155 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
June 30, 2016, 1:30pm
Guest User
Would anyone here have any tips on losing weight FAST without the use of a gym!?

Navy rang me and basically told me I was too fat
Maringer
June 30, 2016, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Do the 5:2 diet. Eat normally (but sensibly!) for 5 days of the week and eat virtually nothing for two days a week. We're talking just a few hundred calories on those two days. Works effectively and is good for your general health as well. Can be a bit grumpy on the two diet days though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
cmackenzie4
June 30, 2016, 2:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Circuit training & good diet Is easily the best way to lose weight fast, cut out the junk!

You say the Navy rang and told you to lose weight so why not use a gym? You will be doing plenty of PT (physical training) when/if you join up, so why not start now, I'm ex Navy and you will need a good general level of fitness before you join.  Good luck!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
psgmariner
June 30, 2016, 5:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
5:2 worked for me (although stopped it a while ago and put weight back on!).

You will see results fast. Great diet as is easy to do and only 2 days of thinking about calories once a week. Will save you money and get you healthier in a few weeks. Tough to begin with but it gets easier as your body adapts.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
grimsby pete
June 30, 2016, 5:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Its no good asking me I am 5 stone overweight,

I have been on loads of diets in my time ,

The trouble is when you stop you put even more weight on,

I started at 1 stone overweight , now look at me

Stop drinking, run around a lot and eat less, simples

Good luck btw.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Grim74
June 30, 2016, 5:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
As Chris says you can't beat a bit of circuit training/cardio and with a healthy diet the weight will drop off, steer clear of fad diets they usually end up in failure.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
BackHeelTony
June 30, 2016, 6:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Long distance running is a dead cert. 60-80% of max effort
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
fishyfanny
June 30, 2016, 6:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
Definitely cut out alcohol, low fat diet and go running.

Good luck mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Maringer
June 30, 2016, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
The 5:2 diet is based on intermittent fasting, something which has quite a lot of scientific research backing it. Read up online and you'll find plenty of information about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Marinerz93
June 30, 2016, 7:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from 139881
Would anyone here have any tips on losing weight FAST without the use of a gym!?

Navy rang me and basically told me I was too fat

It's not just the weight, get a copy of the bleep test because this is the one that buggers you up. You could run for five miles and have enough energy to do another 5 miles. The bleep test gets faster and faster until you can't breathe and you are only doing 20 meter shuttle runs.

A sensible way is to lose it gradually but if you need to lose weight fast you need to put your body into ketosis but only do it for a couple of months at the most. There are various ways of putting your body into ketosis but the easiest is to do something like the Cambridge Diet.

Weight loss first week - 1 stone, every other week 1/2 stone ish. You've got to be careful and seek doctors advice / signature. The diet is tough going and very strict.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tips on losing weight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.