3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
July 4, 2016, 10:54am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Apart from which you have the loss of at least one stand for the duration of demolition and construction.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
GrimRob
July 4, 2016, 2:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from psgmariner
I would be interested to see the working out that says BP cannot be developed.

Parking has never been a big problem as far as I am aware. Even when we sell out you can usually park less than a 10 minute walk away. Also I thought the current mood was one of discouraging car use and encouraging public transport, biking and walking etc.

Would it would cost less to knock down and replace the bits of BP that need replacing (Main Stand and Osmond the obvious ones!)  than build a brand new ground?

Parking might not be a big problem for committed supporters like you at BP but it might put off more casual occasional supporters from attending. A new purpose-built ground generally sees attendances rise, partly because it offers things like improved transport to those who might not otherwise attend.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 23
rancido
July 4, 2016, 5:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from psgmariner
I would be interested to see the working out that says BP cannot be developed.

Parking has never been a big problem as far as I am aware. Even when we sell out you can usually park less than a 10 minute walk away. Also I thought the current mood was one of discouraging car use and encouraging public transport, biking and walking etc.

Would it would cost less to knock down and replace the bits of BP that need replacing (Main Stand and Osmond the obvious ones!)  than build a brand new ground?

Parking is a huge problem because there are no public car parks close to the ground. Everybody seems to think it's ok to park on the street but all this does is create more congestion. You are also parking on other peoples fronts and whilst not illegal can be very annoying for the residents. I know some will say they must have known the situation when they moved there but car ownership has greatly increased over the last twenty years and surely we shouldn't deny a house owner the ability to park his car on his own front. These are the same residents whose support the club would need because to develop BP would require planning permission and obviously they can object on the grounds of the parking impact.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Mrs Doyle
July 5, 2016, 5:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
No longer the big fish in the pond we will just have to get use to seeing a few more in the Osmond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League 2 average attendances

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.