1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
June 28, 2016, 7:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
So Hurst wants a squad of 25 including the 3 youngsters and. Andy Warrington.  According to the Telegraph he has 12 so far plus those four, leaving 9 to come in.

The question is, has he signed the best ones yet or are the best still to come.

My hope but also my hunch is that the best are still to come.  I have two reasons for this.  The better players will have more options to look at and have more negotiating power and as league players may have contracts to 30 June.

Also, every player he signs needs to believe they have a chance at 1st team football.  If you see a couple of top people signed in your position you may realise you are being signed for the bench.  This doesn't apply in every position because we probably have all the central defenders now but quite likely elsewhere.  I think this is why it was hard to get a decent 4th striker last season because once the season started it was hard to see how anyone coming in would dislodge Podge, JPP and Bogle for a regular spot.

Anyway - hope I'm right!  Could be an exciting squad.

Logged Offline
Private Message
buckstown
June 28, 2016, 7:38am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 77
I hope he best are yet to come. Trust PH implicitly but I am slightly underwhelmed so far and hoping for some real quality. Ben Davies would be a great start
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
jaygy
June 28, 2016, 8:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Sam slocombe out of contract I believe? He would surely be one to push mckeown for the number 1 spot, we can't go all season with Warrington as number 2 can we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
livosnose
June 28, 2016, 9:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from jaygy
Sam slocombe out of contract I believe? He would surely be one to push mckeown for the number 1 spot, we can't go all season with Warrington as number 2 can we?

Sam Beasant out of contract ...........

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Mrs Doyle
June 28, 2016, 4:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I was slightly underwhelmed when he signed Amond though to be fair,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Golden fox
June 28, 2016, 4:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
We won't have a back up keeper I'm pretty sure about that . There's still the emergency loan rule for keepers I believe so if there was a problem with Macca we would probably use that , wouldn't be suprised to see AW in pre-season to . Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 9 more signings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.