Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Labours leader Jeremy Corbyn
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 353 Guests

Should he stay or go?
Stay
Go
Undecided
  View Results 58 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Labours leader Jeremy Corbyn

This thread currently has 11,839 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimbiggs
June 26, 2016, 12:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
All political parties are under fire at the minute, but do you think its the right time for this vote of no confidence, the party membership wanted him, do the parliamentary party have the right to get rid of him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
June 26, 2016, 1:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Corbyn should go, he has been almost anonymous and too wishy washy to be labour leader.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
GrimRob
June 26, 2016, 2:06pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
If he believes in his own party then he has to leave as he is a liability. He's had his moment of glory and will be able to dine out on it for years  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 68
Marinerz93
June 26, 2016, 2:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from GrimRob
If he believes in his own party then he has to leave as he is a liability. He's had his moment of glory and will be able to dine out on it for years  

What glory, he's been as weak as kitten urine.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
Grim74
June 26, 2016, 2:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
He's let his party down and the labour voters down, if he had just been honest about his views on the EU Union then he could of been claiming victory now with mass support behind him......Total idiot.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 68
Grimbiggs
June 26, 2016, 2:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Did he ever believe the view his other party cabinet shadow ministers wanted to portray...whatever you think of him, he was a poor, weak ambassador for the Remain campaign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
Maringer
June 26, 2016, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
Note that, according to Ashcroft's polling, 63% of Labour supporters voted remain. In comparison, just 64% of SNP supporters voted remain and 70% of the Europhile LibDems voted remain. With this in mind, why aren't there any demands for Sturgeon to step down? The Tory voters were 58% leave.

The idea that Corbyn failed to keep us in Europe when it was the Tories and Kippers who voted us out is so utterly bizarre and banal that only a selection of inept and clueless PLP members could attempt to make such a case. Actually, they don't seriously believe this is true - they are just looking for any excuse to get rid of Corbyn.

Unfortunately, the New Labour years have promoted many utterly worthless candidates into safe seats, as their efforts to remove Corbyn over the past 9 months instead of attacking the Tories as they fall to pieces show. Only a halfwit could think that tearing your own party apart whilst your opponents do the same to their own is a good idea.

As far as I can tell, this coup attempt will lead to three possible outcomes, one bad, the other two disastrous. The best that can be hoped for is for the coup to fail in entirety with enough Labour MPs standing firm to mean that there is no unsurmountable split within the party. The only casualties of this would be those trying by hook or by crook to ignore the will of the party membership, regardless of the outcome. This would still weaken the party but I'd imagine it might mean that we could end up with a coalition of the left(ish) in charge after a snap election - Labour (of all stripes), the SNP, Plaid Cymru, Greens and probably, a resurgent LibDems. That's about the best we could hope for from my point of view - a weak left(ish) government, but perhaps one which might be able to try to push through the electoral reform we need to make ourselves into a proper, grown-up democracy (like almost everywhere else in the civilised world). FPTP needs to go, the sooner the better.

The second outcome would be with the coup failing and Corbyn being re-elected by the party members once again. This would lead to a split of the Labour party with the right-wingers who fomented the coup probably departing to set themselves up as Labour Lite - possibly forming a new centre-right party along with what is left of the LibDems? I would hope that such a case would ultimately lead to the end of the careers of these MPs who are putting themselves ahead of the party. At the end of it, we'll probably end up with a right-wing coalition of Tories from the farthest right of their party and assorted UKIP nutters (many of whom would previously have been former right-wing Tories). If this occurs, we're pretty much copulated as a country. Anything which isn't bolted down will be sold off and you can wave bye bye to the NHS within a decade.

The third outcome (which it seems is being plotted) is that Corbyn will be excluded from any new leadership election. This would lead to an unhealable rift between the left and the right of the Labour Party and between the members and the PLP. Whatever remains of the Labour Party after this will be a shell and the likes of Benn and Co will have sacrificed the party for the benefit of their careers. Outcome, probably a larger majority for a nutty right-wing government, which will leave us all utterly copulated.

Unfortunately, if the plotters have worked the numbers well enough for their scheme to keep Corbyn out of any new leadership campaign, the third option seems the most likely.

It's funny, really. I don't think Corbyn is a brilliant politician and he certainly doesn't have the charisma which is expected from high-profile figures in the modern era. However, the fact that he coasted to the leadership shows the paucity of his opponents - he was the only one anybody actually believed had the courage of his convictions. That said, witnessing the media onslaught against him from the moment he became a front-runner has left me staggered. I think the nominally left-wing Guardian has probably printed more shallow hit pieces against him than most of the right-wing press! A clear indication, if one was ever needed, of the Establishment running our country ever down hill. The fact that most people agree with most of his centre-left policies if they ever get to hear them is very revealing of why the effort has been made to discredit him from the off:

http://www.independent.co.uk/n.....e-with-10407148.html

Anyway, as I think it is likely we're well on our way to hell in a handcart, this could leave me in a bit of a quandary for future elections, truth be told. I wouldn't vote for the LibDems after they enabled the Tories to intercourse up our country back in 2010 in return for the faintest sniff of power. I wouldn't vote for a New Labour Lite shell of a party full of quislings and I, unfortunately, can't vote for the Greens as their energy policy isn't realistic due to a slight incompatibility with the laws of physics.

Funny how it is getting me worked up, considering I've never been a member of the Labour Party. Or any other political organisation, for that matter!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
Hagrid
June 26, 2016, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Hope he goes, his lack of any motivation for the remain campaign sums him up. Been a liability as leader of Labour
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
GrimRob
June 26, 2016, 5:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Marinerz93

What glory, he's been as weak as kitten urine.

His moment of glory was getting into office in the first place, another extraordinary event in a year of the wildly improbable. Since then I agree he's been hopeless  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 68
codcheeky
June 26, 2016, 6:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Crazy from the career new labour politicians, people have voted out because they don't want more of the same.  Any vote by the labour party with Corbyn in it he will win with a even bigger majority, iif they don't like democracy from who they represent they should get out of politics. Blairism is dead and lost Labour Scotland at the last election and will just lose more traditional support elsewhere if Hillary Benn et all drag power back undemocratically
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Labours leader Jeremy Corbyn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.