This thread currently has 6,818 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Blue_Stripes
June 24, 2016, 8:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -68
are they good enough for league 2? Dan Jones is a excellent player who will not let you down.He's just not very quick not a left back deffo better at centre half,
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2016, 8:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Amond (no "L'). Rhymes with Hammond.

Both good enough for the 4th division in my opinion. Toto maybe has the potential to go higher if he puts his mind to it. I think he has trouble telling the left from the right side though, as at one point he said he was moving for family reasons or something similar. Given he grew up on Merseyside it's puzzling why he ended up with you, unless he just heard the "'pool" part and natural thought ......

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 24, 2016, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Don't wish either of them bad luck. Both were an integral part of a very important season.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
dapperz fun pub
June 24, 2016, 11:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Toto could easily go on to a glittering career or could drift out of the game I honestly can't decide which.  Podge was superb for us last season in the dog and duck in league 2 he should be good but maybe not so potent ...all in all I would have kept both if them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
codcheeky
June 24, 2016, 11:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Both good signings for you in my opinion and good luck to them they helped us out of the pit of despair. For me Amond didn't step up against better teams, liked tonto but sometimes on his own wavelength
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Les Brechin
June 24, 2016, 11:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
I'd actually be a bit worried if I was a Pools fan.

Signing Conference players (inc Deverdics) seems like they're planning for relegation next season!

What odds Hartlepool for National League Champions 2017/18?  Get your money on.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
samg
June 24, 2016, 11:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Unfortunately you can only judge once they pull the shirt on and play games for you - may have been excellent for us but dependant on style of play etc. - but they were good for us,and played for the manager's way of playing - which ultimately got us promotion - they would certainly fit into our league 2 status which the fans wanted but they have obviously different ambitions' - wish them both well but whether they succeed with you or not - not our problem now UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Tinymariner
June 25, 2016, 12:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Amond is a very good striker and will score goals given the service. Toto is a very good defender, with a lot of pace but he always makes at least one mistake per game. I would have liked to have kept both tbh, I think PH will find better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
forza ivano
June 25, 2016, 12:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Hurst works with them day to day.by offering armond a one year contract he obviously wasn't overly bothered as to whether he stayed or went. Weird when you think he scored 37 goals, bit more understandable when told the stat that he only scored once in all the games he played against top half conference teams, flat track bully might describe him. However the hat trick at welling was sublime. Toto different case ph obviously wanted to keep him but our rough coarse northern working class fans upset him when being criticised for his once a game aberrations. Obviously that won't happen at a kind understanding liberal place like Hartlepool............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
HertsGTFC
June 25, 2016, 11:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Both will do a job and Toto will possibly make you some money as he could be sold on to play at a higher level if coached correctly

. Podge was a great finisher at National League level but often got loads of time on the ball in front of goal a luxury that may not be granted to him at a higher level. He played a lot of games for us last season but appeared to run out of steam a month or so before the end so he will have to be rotated which at 29 may not go down well.

Toto can dwell on the ball and if opponents put him under pressure he has a mistake in him, also despite his athleticism I always felt that he was a bit weak contesting high balls/set pieces into the box, but he will get better with age. He has massive potential but can be a bit immature and possibly high maintenance at times.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Toto/Almond

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.