Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)

This thread currently has 31,517 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
June 20, 2016, 9:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Who that Tw*t from Ireland
Who that money grabbing hore
Padraig Amond is he name and he hasn't got a brain
And he won't be going up anymore !

Dear me.quite pathetic .
Still more original that the song we stole from West Ham and numerous others.
Laughable people saying it's his loss etc.
Points at limited contract terms,a rumour that's been circulating for weeks.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 161
arryarryarry
June 20, 2016, 9:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from OllieGTFC

As Captain Slow always said, member.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 161
RoboCod
June 20, 2016, 9:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from OllieGTFC

I don't think you'll be joining in with the grown ups on this discussion anymore. The EDIT button is your friend,may I suggest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 161
forza ivano
June 20, 2016, 9:43am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from OllieGTFC

There is absolutely no need for that type of comment. you should be ashamed of yourself.
Amond never let anyone down whilst he was here and we should be eternally grateful to him for helping us get out of the non league cesspit. His hat trick at Welling will live long in the memory.

Obviously both him and Toto feel they are worth more than gtfc were offering and having found better deals have said, thanks but no thanks. As someone said Hurst works with them day in and day out so our offer will have been based on his opinions.
the euphoria of our Wembley win has masked the fact that we were never a strong enough squad to challenge for the Championship (21 points behind i think) so to think that the same players would hold their own in league 2 is delusional.
The stats regarding Amond's scoring rate against the better teams is an eye opener and may help explain the 1 year offer.
Finally one other thing that hasn't been mentioned is Hurst's comments from a couple of weeks ago about he was amazed by the quality of player he was now being offered by agents now we are back in the League
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 161
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 20, 2016, 9:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariner91
No need for the personal insults. He came here with little to no reputation, scored a nearly record amount of goals for us and gave us some of the best striker performances we've seen in years and leaves having done his job of getting us back into the club. There were no games where you could question his effort and I loved watching his clever movement off the ball. He's one of my favourite ever Town players and I wish he was staying but he isn't so we have to trust PH gets a better replacement in and I wish Podge good luck and thanks.

I agree with your assessment of the lad. Good finishers are born, not made and Amond is a natural. Given the right service he could score goals at any level though maybe not to the extent of last season. Clearly the manager does not rate him as highly as you or I though or he would be staying, or at least be given more encouragement to stay.

Maybe the problem is that clever movement off the ball. Hurst just doesn't like his strikers to be clever, he likes them to be solid with their first movement being either towards their own goal or straight down the channel. If Tomlinson had scored a couple of goals he would still be here. I think we may miss Podge's ability to make space in the box for himself and for others. Disley's goal tally owed a bit to Amond's movement and it also made Nolan look a good player.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 161
MuddyWaters
June 20, 2016, 9:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
All in all, it's just disappointing to see him go to another club at the same level. I totally understand Tait and Nolan and, if he didn't like a proportion of our fans, Toto. But I would have hoped that we could have kept Podge and Nath but, hey ho, money talks and all that. Let's hope that the rabbits in PH's hat are ready with their signing pens.
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 161
Tommy
June 20, 2016, 9:52am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Amond came here for a season. He helped us get promoted and we helped him giving him the season of his life and putting him in shop window.

No malice from me towards him even if he has just left for more money. I don't care, who could blame him.

Matt Dannatt now tweeted that he believes Town did try to extend his deal in January.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 161
oldun
June 20, 2016, 10:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I apologise for stating the OP was rubbish. Always thought he would leave for a better offer but HARTLEPOOL!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 161
GrimRob
June 20, 2016, 10:06am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Seems a no brainer to offer him a two year deal. If he has a good season this year we'll be able to command a decent fee for him next time next year. He's 28 so probably has at least 4-5 season left at a decent level.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 138 - 161
headingly_mariner
June 20, 2016, 10:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimRob
Seems a no brainer to offer him a two year deal. If he has a good season this year we'll be able to command a decent fee for him next time next year. He's 28 so probably has at least 4-5 season left at a decent level.

Agreed, the only risk to offering him 2 years is injury, but that comes with every player. Had he done well this year again great, if he'd struggled he would be easy to offload to a big money conference club. It's a no brainer to offer him two years, I'd be amazed if the club haven't.
People are now rubbishing his record and saying they're not bothered, but goals like that are hard to replace. PH has a great record in signing players, but I certainly think questions need to be asked about whether it is budget restrictions or that we weren't really that bothered about resigning them?
Season ticket prices have been upped to supposedly give us a competitive budget, who the intercourse are we competing with if our best players are going to smaller clubs in a the same division?

I am positive about PH, but remain sceptical about the running of the club at board level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 161
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.