15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
June 11, 2016, 5:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Oxford and Bristol Rovers have confirmed they voted against. That's 8 clubs out of 48 who have voted against. We can't give this one up until we find out which way the club has voted. If we've agreed to it then Fenty deserves all the stick he'll get. His one saving grace is that despite his terrible decision making he appears to have the club's best interests at heart. If he's voted for this he can no longer claim that this is the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 140
Cloudy
June 11, 2016, 6:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
No excuses, if Fenty and/or any other board member voted for this they should be asked to step down from their position. They clearly have no relationship or understanding of their supporters.

If it is JF, and I don't know for sure it was, then he has to go. His loans are benign and they cannot be repaid until the club can afford to do so. We CAN have a well run club without an annual payment from him so all we are losing is his experience, and his regular gaffs.

Let the chains off and move the club into trustworthy hands!
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 140
Vance Warner
June 11, 2016, 7:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Cloudy
No excuses, if Fenty and/or any other board member voted for this they should be asked to step down from their position. They clearly have no relationship or understanding of their supporters.

If it is JF, and I don't know for sure it was, then he has to go. His loans are benign and they cannot be repaid until the club can afford to do so. We CAN have a well run club without an annual payment from him so all we are losing is his experience, and his regular gaffs.

I normally dismay at some of the knee jerk, impulsive reactions on this board but in this case I couldn't agree more. If JF has voted for this then it's a slap in the face of every supporter and of the proud history of this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 140
Rob_in_Grimsby
June 11, 2016, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Cloudy

So are you going to put the 100k -150k per year he props the club up with, cant see the trust or the fans raising this extra every season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 140
ska face
June 11, 2016, 7:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Look, you horrid little bootlicker, don't be under the impression that Fenty thinks any more of you than he does the rest of us nobodies. You can knock your infatuation with him on the head, it's becoming embarrassing.

The fans have the right to hear how the individuals representing the club have voted. We need to be told who voted, how they voted, and why.

A generally anonymous little jolly-up in the sunshine, I bet they thought fans across the country would let this one slide again and they'd be able to slope off back to their offices without being questioned. How wrong they were.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 140
moosey_club
June 11, 2016, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

So are you going to put the 100k -150k per year he props the club up with, cant see the trust or the fans raising this extra every season

we could just run up a bill we cant afford and go into admin...next stop Premier League !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 140
Rob_in_Grimsby
June 11, 2016, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Look, you horrid little bootlicker, don't be under the impression that Fenty thinks any more of you than he does the rest of us nobodies. You can knock your infatuation with him on the head, it's becoming embarrassing.

The fans have the right to hear how the individuals representing the club have voted. We need to be told who voted, how they voted, and why.

A generally anonymous little jolly-up in the sunshine, I bet they thought fans across the country would let this one slide again and they'd be able to slope off back to their offices without being questioned. How wrong they were.

No need for name calling, I was just asking the question, I dont for one minute think this decision is the right one and If and it is an IF at this point the representatives of GTFC voted for this then yes I think an explanation of why they felt it was the best for the club but as we dont know who voted and how they voted I think its a bit early to start a mutiny.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 140
MeanwoodMariner
June 11, 2016, 7:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Approval: +2,673
Quoted from Cloudy

Wouldn't it make more sense to explain to JF why he's wrong and try to change his mind? We have an active Trust with members on the board. To demand he steps down with no way of enforcing it and no alternative to replace him seems unhelpful. JF seems to be looking at the financial numbers. If there is a complete boycott of these ridiculous B-team games, which I hope there will be, then he will realise this isn't a good option. Having said that I've no idea how he, or the many other voters, could possibly think this was a good idea in the first place and it's totally embarrassing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 140
Rob_in_Grimsby
June 11, 2016, 7:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

we could just run up a bill we cant afford and go into admin...next stop Premier League !!

I for one would not ever want to go back to that Tinpot League, Longest 6 years ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 140
jock dock tower
June 11, 2016, 8:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The ultimate irony would be to see two of the academy teams make it through to the final, played out in front of, ooooh, a thousand or so "fans". Biggest crock of sh1te I've heard in years. Anybody running a book yet on which way our JF voted?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Football League Trophy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.