15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
June 10, 2016, 11:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
So far the following have confirmed that they voted against.  Wimbledon, Accrington Stanley, Hartlepool, Luton, Port Vale and Portsmouth. They don't have blood on their hands but do we? I really hope it's not a guilty silence from the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 140
ginnywings
June 10, 2016, 11:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from LH
I sort of hope Cleethorpes Town are at home one of the nights we play so they get the benefit of 1000 theough the gate watching first team football rather than the PL kids.

That's a cracking idea LH. The way things are going with footy now, if those fookers at the top table start to dictate over our leagues as well, i may end up going to watch someone like Clee Town instead for a football fix.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 140
HackneyHaddock
June 11, 2016, 12:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Looks like a blatant Trojan horse for placing B-Teams and the Old Firm into the lower leagues and should be resisted at every turn.

I'd favour a boycott and protests outside the ground at matches.

I'm also intrigued as to how we voted and also how our vote is decided.  Do the board come to a collective decision and send someone as a delegate?  Does Fenty, as HiPPO (Highest Paid Person's Opinion) appoint himself, Captain Mainwaring-like ("the appointed leader, which will be me") as our spokesman?  Does anyone get to know what happened?  Were the Trust consulted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 140
barralad
June 11, 2016, 8:06am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Ska is right.

Clearly the timing is snide.It just shows the calibre of people we're dealing with. Too guilty to deal with this at a decent time and consult their 'stakeholders'. Sneaky little feckers.

Trust members write to the Trust. Everyone write to the Club to find out what the Club's position is on this.

We are already getting mails from disgruntled members. May it long continue. My personal view is that it is a truly dreadful development. I am yet to find anybody on the Trust board who agrees with it. We haven't had the opportunity to discuss it yet but we will. In the meantime I'd urge everyone to sign the petition. Mobilise!!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 140
toontown
June 11, 2016, 8:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Terrible, awful decision. The premiership only want this cos they have hoarded so many young players who they refuse to play and refuse to loan out. So if they are missing competitive football by u21 level it's their fault not ours, so the solution is not to make our comps change, it's to change them. I really hope the club wasn't dumb enough to vote for this - it is a slippery slope to B teams meaning even more well funded (but soulless) teams between us and success. English football is probably unique in being so well supported so low down the pyramid, something worth preserving not destroying to benefit primadonership development programmes. BOYCOTT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 140
IlkleyMariner
June 11, 2016, 9:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,984
Gold Stars: 69
This disgraceful decision has the slimy hand of Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey all over it.

His stated aim is to get the League restructured and allow 8 more teams into it. This is a back-door way of reducing resistance and allowing B-teams into the League structure.

The fans must fight against this latest move against clubs like ours and the fans who support them. If this goes ahead, that is a further step down the slippery slope of Premier League total domination. Remember that well over one half of Premier League clubs are foreign owned and they don't give a t**s about England or English clubs.

Fight them on the beaches as Churchill would have said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 140
Paris Mariner
June 11, 2016, 10:39am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Boycott the Trophy definitely.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 140
Garth
June 11, 2016, 10:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Should it happen ensure that they play the games in empty stadiums as a protest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 140
jimgtfc
June 11, 2016, 11:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,066
Gold Stars: 44
On a slight tangent, Chelsea have announced their retained list and they will have 82 contracted players next season. This is the reason we're not producing top class youngsters because there's 19/20 year olds who can't even get into their clubs u21 team, it's an absolute disgrace this whole thing.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 140
HackneyHaddock
June 11, 2016, 11:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
A boycott of the B-team games isn't enough.  The whole financial viability of the tournament needs to be undermined in every game, even if we're drawn against Donneh or Hartlepool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Football League Trophy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.