3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
May 26, 2016, 8:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
What a top guy JPP is!  Understand why he has been released but shame to see him go.  Great to read about his work in the local community etc.  What a change from the situation 6-8 years ago when the squad seemed full of boozer journeymen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
May 26, 2016, 8:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Yep, top guy and a good player. The one i'm saddest to see go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Harry Haddock
May 26, 2016, 9:26am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Me too. Hope he finds a new club soon.

I feel he just needs a regular place in a team to build up his confidence. Oh and to stay away from injuries.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
mariner91
May 26, 2016, 9:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Just read it and it's refreshing to see the change in personnel we've had at the club compared to the dark days of Mike Newell and Neil Woods. Credit to PH for bringing in the right characters and credit to the players themselves for being good blokes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
dapperz fun pub
May 26, 2016, 10:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
That's why mckreth and brown released hurst wanted committed professional players not ones looking to toss it off or so I'm told  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
jonnyboy82
May 26, 2016, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Top bloke , all the best jp.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
The Grim Reaper
May 26, 2016, 11:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Can someone c&p it so i dont have to go on there plz?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
mariner83
May 26, 2016, 11:57am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
JON-PAUL Pittman hopes Grimsby Town fans get to watch some 'sexy football' in League Two as the departing striker wished his former employers well for next season.

Pittman was the first to announce that he had been released by the club as one of 11 out-of-contract players to leave Blundell Park on Tuesday.

Joining the 29-year-old in heading out of the exit door were Danny East, Craig Clay, Andy Monkhouse, Gregor Robertson, Marcus Marshall, Anthony Straker, Josh Sunter, Callum Bastock and Conor Henderson, while Jon Nolan has also left to sign for League One side Chesterfield.

Speaking to the Telegraph shortly after his exit was confirmed, Pittman thanked the fans for their support during his two years with Town, adding that he feels club is in a better position than a number of their rivals in League Two next season.

"It's been a season to remember, definitely," he said.

"I used the word redemption after we achieved what we did at Wembley this season and that's what it felt like after what happened against Bristol Rovers the season before.

"Looking ahead, I think the club is in really good hands in Paul Hurst and Chris Doig – and John Fenty, plus the Mullens, who help out as well on the financial side of things.

"I think, in that respect, Grimsby are probably are in a better position than a lot of clubs that are already in League Two.

"It's now up to the gaffer to try and find the right personnel – which I'm sure he will – in order to have a solid season that builds on the success of the season just gone."

He continued: "I hope the fans get to see some sexy football next season.

"Six years of non-league is a long time and not what they'd been used to over the years.

"On a personal level, I'd like to thank them for supporting me during my time here. I've had my injuries, but they've stuck by me through them and then again after the Wembley final with Bristol Rovers.

"They're good fans and I'll always be grateful to them."

During his time with the club, Pittman became a prominent figure in the community, volunteering for a number of charitable causes, including Supporting Local Champions – a group which supports the area's young and talented sportspeople.

"I've enjoyed being part of this community over the last few years," he added. "It all happened organically – I didn't plan on becoming Mr Grimsby Town or anything like that! It just happened naturally because of the people around the area.

"I really got to know the people of the area and they got to know me and that's something I'll always be thankful for."

Read more: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....y.html#ixzz49l6keFJg
Follow us: @GrimsbyTel on Twitter | grimsbytel on Facebook
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
devs
May 26, 2016, 12:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Top man - I am so pleased he went out on a high and was on the pitch when we got promotion
All the best for the future Pope!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
grimps
May 26, 2016, 1:24pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from devs
Top man - I am so pleased he went out on a high and was on the pitch when we got promotion
All the best for the future Pope!

At least he got the chance to exercise his demons from last years penalty miss
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JPP interview in Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.