Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Awful Performance...........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

Awful Performance...........

This thread currently has 4,263 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
May 23, 2016, 2:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Quite simply, yesterdays, performance was atrocious, as was the way we set up to go about the task. Sadly PH reverted to the self destruct button as like the first leg of the Braintree semi final game.  I expect a flood of red crosses no doubt, but to my way of thinking this was a game and Trophy that we SHOULD HAVE WON, and relatively easy at that.  Yet again we had no idea, no tactics and no plan in this game.  If PH wasn't interested in winning this game he should have let the loyal fans know before we all went down to Wembley for the second week running.  When will Town next play at Wembley !!!!!  Could be a very long time indeed, why the hell didn't we put a show on for the fans yesterday.

I am delighted we are promoted and ultimately that is all that matters, but lining up in the final with Monkhouse and Pearson etc, was only going to lead to one result.....  this robbed the fans that attended on the day of another great Wembley day.  Congrats to PH on the promotion and the players, however, I have serious doubts if PH can lead us any further than this level.  Time will tell.  All in all a great season, but we REALLY should have kept the momentum going against what can only be described as a pub team.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_09
May 23, 2016, 2:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
What Pearson our best centre half for the 4 preceeding seasons?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
topuphere666
May 23, 2016, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Not massive difference between Pearson and Gowling. Pearson wasn't at fault for the goal.. Tait should have cleared it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
May 23, 2016, 2:58pm
Guest User
Pearson was fine yesterday. He was a bit wrong footed for their goal, but arguably Tait should have cleared it with his first touch. But on the whole Pearson was fine, is fine and I am delighted to have him at our club.

I genuinely thought the first half we were in control without being too effective in attack. Was another case of playing a team that set up with a deep low block, parking the bus essentially, with the odd counter attack. I genuinely thought we would change our formation and personnel in the second half and break it down and win the game. Sadly though we have gifted them a goal, as I say from not reacting quick enough to clear with the first touch. Thereafter then the changes looked to have been what was needed to break them down, but perhaps if made earlier we would have got on top.

I'm not really fussed and a part of me thinks that PH wasn't either. The real work was done the previous week. Monkhouse will be on his way and the least PH could do was let him have a decent run out at Wembley.
Reply: 3 - 20
May 23, 2016, 3:18pm
Guest User
Momentum came to an end yesterday, massive home goal as a win would have secured additional season tickets and a lasting feel good factor. If the players were celebrating all week why did the Club con us into spending £'s yesterday?

Role on League 2, I'm sure on reflection we are more than happy with this season's outcome.
Reply: 4 - 20
barralad
May 23, 2016, 4:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 28195
Momentum came to an end yesterday, massive home goal as a win would have secured additional season tickets and a lasting feel good factor. If the players were celebrating all week why did the Club con us into spending £'s yesterday?

Role on League 2, I'm sure on reflection we are more than happy with this season's outcome.

With respect there is no evidence to say that a win yesterday would've meant extra season ticket sales. I don't feel conned either by the club . In fact I thought the clubs involvement was pretty low key all week. For me yesterday was always going to be surreal. Players are human beings and I doubt many had anything left in the tank after the previous two weekends either emotionally or physically. I went for a good day out in the capital. I paid less for my ticket than I'd pay to get into B.P. thanks to the group ticketing system (a great idea). The match was almost incidental. The only thing I was slightly disappointed about was that Podge couldn't sign off the season as he'd started it....with a goal.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Vance Warner
May 23, 2016, 4:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from TheCodfather1966

All in all a great season, but we REALLY should have kept the momentum going against what can only be described as a pub team.

I can think of lots of other ways of describing them thanks. Could that be the last time we refer to our opponents as a pub team? I bloody hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
TheCodfather1966
May 23, 2016, 4:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Don't get me wrong I am a Pearson fan, really like this guy he has a great attitude, I worded my post wrongly.  I like Pearson, just didn't think he would be up to speed for this game.  A fully fit Pearson would be an asset to any club at our level.

I was just gutted we rolled over and gave up yesterday....  I am a greedy git and wanted that trophy....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
MuddyWaters
May 23, 2016, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Don't get me wrong I am a Pearson fan, really like this guy he has a great attitude, I worded my post wrongly.  I like Pearson, just didn't think he would be up to speed for this game.  A fully fit Pearson would be an asset to any club at our level.

I was just gutted we rolled over and gave up yesterday....  I am a greedy git and wanted that trophy....

UTM

Didn't we all! But let's not forget the emotional roller-coaster the whole club has been on since the home defeat to Braintree - I defy you to tell me that it all panned out in the way you imagined.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
grimsby pete
May 23, 2016, 4:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
The players gave it their best shot,

BUT

They had nothing left to give after the last 2 games,

Please do not blame them it was written in the stars  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Awful Performance...........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.