Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Drummers!!!!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 208 Guests

Drummers!!!!!!

This thread currently has 3,561 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
benny_the_docker
May 22, 2016, 5:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -7
Can someone inform me where on earth the drummers are??? Surely if the poor lads that beat there heart out can't get a free ticket in this day and age there's something wrong! The trust or club should put something into place that the lads that beat the drums get to every game!!! UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
X
May 22, 2016, 6:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +44
I agree, the atmosphere increase tenfold when the drummers are there! Should be some sort of insentive for them to go to every game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
moosey_club
May 22, 2016, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
What if they just didnt want to go?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
stevethefish
May 22, 2016, 9:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
I agree 100%. Today was flat as a pancake. Such an anti climax. For the first time I saw town fans outsung. Unnecessary in truth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
headingly_mariner
May 22, 2016, 10:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
They were really missed today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
barralad
May 23, 2016, 9:28am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Yep. The lads with the drums have been fantastic all season. They unite the chanting in a big arena like Wembley because everyone can hear them and take their cue from them.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Jaws
May 23, 2016, 10:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Got the vibe that the kids were making the chant too fast, dis-jointing it then the parents who don't (but should) attend more regular were then joining in at the faster pace.

Or it seemed that way to me, as it was all higher-pitched the fast chanting.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
diehardmariner
May 23, 2016, 10:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,412
Gold Stars: 532
Very bizarre atmosphere yesterday.  Even within the sections there seemed to be disjointed songs, different songs, completely out of tune songs and sometimes just the wrong songs altogether!

Definitely missed the drummers.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
ska face
May 23, 2016, 11:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,560
Gold Stars: 839
The problem yesterday, and I can't believe it's not been mentioned already, was the decision by the FA to sell the areas behind the goal in the town end purely to locals living in Wembley.

We noticed just before KO that the lower part of blocks 109-111 were almost entirely empty, so ventured over thinking there'd be some kind of atmosphere (as they were the singing sections last week). We got down and there wasn't a town fan in the whole lot - plenty of of Man Utd, Arsenal and Barcelona shirts though.

These sections, which sold out in hours before the Play-off semi, had been reserved for people who had almost definitely never heard of either team playing, let alone cared about the result.

Another box ticked for the Blazers at the FA, intercourse all the fans that've travelled 4 hours or more to watch their team and shoehorn a load of locals in to show just how this white elephant benefits the community.

If they were REALLY arsed, why not give away the tens of thousands of premium, Club Wembley seats in the second tier that were empty yesterday to locals? Oh God forbid, we wouldn't want the great unwashed mixing with the toffs up in good seats.

This weekend has highlighted just what a shower of godawful, out-of-touch sharp objects the FA really are. From the above to delaying the KO of the Cup Final just to shoehorn in some pathetic superbowl-lite pre-match show, having someone sing the national anthem just as a marketing tool for her new single (LOL @ her btw), the list is endless.

Yesterday's organisation really took the shine off what could've been a decent day.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
diehardmariner
May 23, 2016, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,412
Gold Stars: 532
Yeah that's a good point.  

To be honest I didn't pick up on that tickets had been sold to locals. I was at the top of 111 and it felt like a pre-season game with the exception of the last 20 minutes.  I just presumed that people hadn't bought tickets in those blocks for whatever reasons.

Very poor.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Drummers!!!!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.