Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 141 Guests

Fenty....

This thread currently has 8,819 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
May 22, 2016, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Has had his say on the potential restructuring of the football leagues today.

He's said he wants a league with Premier League B teams involved.

Oh John  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Ipswin
May 22, 2016, 11:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from pontoonlew
Has had his say on the potential restructuring of the football leagues today.

He's said he wants a league with Premier League B teams involved.

Oh John  

Having chatted to him at Braintree and seeing his sheer love and enthusiasm both there and at Wembley I had completely changed my opinion of him but oh dear here he goes again

Please John engage your brain before opening your gob or better still keep quiet on GTFC and save your stupid comments for the Council chamber, I am now convinced you are a diamond bloke but your public statements are woeful.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 48
grimsby pete
May 22, 2016, 11:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
No thanks John.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
Mariner_501
May 22, 2016, 11:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 27
Not the first time I've thought he should stick to business because when it comes to football he's quite clearly clueless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 48
MeanwoodMariner
May 22, 2016, 11:32am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Yep, he's straight up wrong on this one. A Trust poll or vote would overwhelmingly reject B-teams.

I actually think introducing B teams could lead to a huge loss of income as I suspect many people would actively boycott B team matches (I would). I also think the reputational damage to the league would be massive and crowds would suffer.  A competitive league with all clubs and fans dreaming of glory makes for a great tournament. If it became a practice ground for the elite teams kids then many people would lose interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 48
Chrisblor
May 22, 2016, 11:33am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
He also suggested regionalised leagues, so rather than playing games in London in front of our superb exiled supporters, we'd have potential fixtures against Stoke and Burnley reserves to look forward to instead. EXCELLENT IDEAS JOHN, GREAT JOB

What a flipping idiot

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
Ipswin
May 22, 2016, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I just hope and pray that when the clubs vote they take the feelings of their fans into account and don't just let their (non) chairmen make the decision based on (ill-founded) hopes of increased income.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
Marinerz93
May 22, 2016, 11:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Where can I read / hear this latest interview?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 48
mariner91
May 22, 2016, 11:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,246
Gold Stars: 253

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
Bigdog
May 22, 2016, 11:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
This latest statement outlines everything that is wrong with the club at ownership level. His investment in the club stands at say £2-3 million. Over the time since his investment, our fans have put in way more than ten times that in ticket sales etc. Yet why is one man having it all his own way and coming out with statements like that on behalf of the club when I would guess 99% of its fans are against it. As the seasons go on Fenty's initial investment now looks small if divided by the seasons he's been in control of the club. If Fenty does not go out there and secure further investors that are willing to put in the £20m or so to get our club on a more competitive and sounder footing through building a new stadium, season by season, it will look more and more like every football fan's wet dream of running their own club on the cheap. £2-3m input over much more than a decade is peanuts when it comes to investment in a Football League club. Outside investment ASAP and more consultations with the fans please Mr Fenty..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.