6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Brisbane Mariner
May 16, 2016, 11:37pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
I think since Hurst was on his own he's turned the fortunes around and its taken 4 seasons for success but we have had milestones of improvement along the way and but for a couple of penalty kicks we could have done last year. Playoffs 4 years in a row is by no means a bad set of years we have more wins than losses so more good days than bad. My biggest criticism of Town has always been (no matter which manager we have had) is we seem to draw more than others - over the years we have lost ground to the 3 or 4 above or around us due to draws.
I don't dislike Hurst and wish him success with our team next season - we don't get to see the players side of Hurst and that is the bit that makes it work or not. Hurst has a great platform to build on - next season more money to spend on a couple of quality midfielders - Dis and Monkhouse will surely be more part time as next season progresses, that process has already been evident this season with Shaun. The future looks bright but we all need to be grounded - there are some established big clubs in L2 and we are going to be the First years at Big School! We may get bullied but we will stand up for US selves!

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 50
easypeersy
May 17, 2016, 2:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I just want to say a big apology to john fenty and a few on here but most importantly paul hurst.

Listen if i am big enough to give it out then i am big enough to apologise for the doubt and the comments i have made.

I am so happy and thankyou paul  for making today one of the best feelings i have had since my son was born.

You have done this town proud today paul and you deserve to enjoy every last minute of it.

Utter respect to you Johnny Boy. It takes a man to apologize. I too have said some things I shouldn't have and for which I am sorry for. More in frustration than anything else. I hope Paul Hurst stays now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
GYinScuntland
May 17, 2016, 3:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from rancido
I seem to recall a poll about PH on here about 3/4 weeks ago with options about what he should do. One of those options was should we still get rid of him even if he won us promotion and quite a number said " yes ". It would be interesting to see who they were and if they still believe that to be the case !!

I was one who thought that. Maybe it was just seeing us miss out every year. I've changed my mind. Looking back on it I can see the ongoing improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
rancido
May 17, 2016, 7:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oh, you mean like the Spanish Inquisition or the Stalinist Purges? That'd be fun. Let's turn a positive mood into the usual back-biting on here after 24 hours.

Not at all and the last thing I want is to put a dampener on our success. I was just curious as to why some fans would want to get rid of Hurst  if he got us promoted and do they still think that. One poster , Fat Cobra , as already said that he still thinks PH should go which completely mystifies me.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
MuddyWaters
May 17, 2016, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Not at all and the last thing I want is to put a dampener on our success. I was just curious as to why some fans would want to get rid of Hurst  if he got us promoted and do they still think that. One poster , Fat Cobra , as already said that he still thinks PH should go which completely mystifies me.

I think he should go.....on holiday after Sunday and not read The Fishy for at least a....week!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
barralad
May 17, 2016, 8:13pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Is this thread still going (he says realising he's just prolonged it for a few seconds more)?

I have no view on whether people should apologise or not. I think it was Johnnyboy whose signature thingy at the bottom said something along the lines of you can make a mistake once. I think the same goes for posting on here. If we go on a bit of a run of poor form next season it will be interesting to see if some of those who felt the need to apologise let rip again-only to feel the need to apologise again when Paul sneaks us into the League 2 play offs on the final day of the 2016/17 season.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
MuddyWaters
May 17, 2016, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad
Is this thread still going (he says realising he's just prolonged it for a few seconds more)?

I have no view on whether people should apologise or not. I think it was Johnnyboy whose signature thingy at the bottom said something along the lines of you can make a mistake once. I think the same goes for posting on here. If we go on a bit of a run of poor form next season it will be interesting to see if some of those who felt the need to apologise let rip again-only to feel the need to apologise again when Paul sneaks us into the League 2 play offs on the final day of the 2016/17 season.

When all is said and done, PH will make decisions that some of us will agree with and disagree with within the next couple of weeks. There will never be agreement, nor should there be other than a mutual love of GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
jonnyboy82
May 17, 2016, 8:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Barra, there was also a select few who were pro hurst all the way then suddenly changed their tune in the last few weeks of the season and were just as much as concerned as me and were even stating a change was needed,some were very vocal and you could say they were just as worried as me and the other negative posters as you would probably put us..

They know who they are and i see that has convieniently been brushed under the carpet.

I apologised as its only the right thing to do , i didnt have to but i wanted to as imo if you can criticise then you can apologise when you get it wrong but lets get it right paul hurst hasnt exactly made things easy for himself with his ways towards the fans.

If we go on a 5 game losing run then yes too right i will speak up as that will be concerning but im also aware we are in league two so imo anything midtable is an achievement in my eyes next season.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
KK_DOG
May 17, 2016, 9:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I never doubted Hurst or the team. Always kept believing we would get promoted and win the FA Trophy. Massive credit to those now offering an apology.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Hagrid
May 17, 2016, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Hurst has got us up, he's our manager next season, lets leave it at that. He deserves his chance and we can all have a lovely relaxing summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › A massive apology

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.