jonnyboy82
May 15, 2016, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Fair enough robocod.

I hope i have never got personal but i admit i doubted he could do it as would alot on here if they were honest.

If i ever do feel i have been too strong i always look to apologise asap.

Listen like i say if i could apologise in person to him i would but i never got personal with it i just doubted he had what it takes but i got that wrong .

If i could say to his face i didnt think you could do it i would and admit i my mistake in doubting him a few weeks ago.

im not a keyboard warrior and would happily hold my hands up when im out of order and i am a big believer in if you are big enough to give it out you are big enough to admit when you are wrong and apologise and thats what i have done.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
grimsby pete
May 15, 2016, 7:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I have both supported Hurst and wanted him to go,

I would be very surprised if he left because of comments on here,

He has got a secure job at Grimsby because its the board who hire and fire,

Not a message board

Sorry Paul if I upset you, I will try not to do again.

Lets just kick on from here and go for another promotion,

Anything Bristol Rovers can do

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
GYinScuntland
May 15, 2016, 7:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I just want to say a big apology to john fenty and a few on here but most importantly paul hurst.

Listen if i am big enough to give it out then i am big enough to apologise for the doubt and the comments i have made.

I am so happy and thankyou paul  for making today one of the best feelings i have had since my son was born.

You have done this town proud today paul and you deserve to enjoy every last minute of it.

Nothing to apologise for mate .we've all had a few years of shite,  stuck by our club, voiced our opinions and now got our long overdue reward. UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Grimal
May 15, 2016, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Fat Cobra
RoboCod just wait until we're on a 10 game winless run, we'll soon see which side of the fence you're on. You can't swap and change as you like and then start preaching. Pathetic.

I can't believe it's only an hour and a half ago that our Club won promotion to the football league and you are already talking negative, 10 game winless run. I think it's about time you gave your head a wobble.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
RoboCod
May 15, 2016, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Fair enough robocod.

I hope i have never got personal but i admit i doubted he could do it as would alot on here if they were honest.

If i ever do feel i have been too strong i always look to apologise asap.

Listen like i say if i could apologise in person to him i would but i never got personal with it i just doubted he had what it takes but i got that wrong .

If i could say to his face i didnt think you could do it i would and admit i my mistake in doubting him a few weeks ago.

im not a keyboard warrior and would happily hold my hands up when im out of order and i am a big believer in if you are big enough to give it out you are big enough to admit when you are wrong and apologise and thats what i have done.

Agree, and i'm not going to deny the frustration has got to me lots of times, I think the FGR manager sacking had us all reeling for a while but Hurst turned it around i spectacular style. While I may have urged the dropping of Monkhouse (again, not a personal attack, just the obvious fact that the Monkhouse-shape to the team needed sidelining) and been seething at the no-show against Braintree at BP,  it's not comparable to the disgraceful insults that those types such as Fat Cobra used. GrimRob has shown some tolerance with this, such posters should be banned when stooping to derogatory name calling.

Good on you for the post, let's enjoy this incredible day properly. Cheers

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
DickBarton
May 15, 2016, 8:33pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Just back in my wembley park hotel room. Enjoyed a fantastic weekend here since Friday. Tattershall castle yesterday, then Trafalgar Square. Non stop singing for 3 days taking its toll and I have no voice left, but it doesn't stop me from saying.....I TOLD YOU SO YOU MISSERABLE LOT!

PS the double is still on!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
jonnyboy82
May 15, 2016, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
That you did male private barton that you did

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
KingstonMariner
May 15, 2016, 9:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DickBarton
Just back in my wembley park hotel room. Enjoyed a fantastic weekend here since Friday. Tattershall castle yesterday, then Trafalgar Square. Non stop singing for 3 days taking its toll and I have no voice left, but it doesn't stop me from saying.....I TOLD YOU SO YOU MISSERABLE LOT!

PS the double is still on!

You were right male private. I'm very, very glad you were and I'm glad I was wrong. Happy to have that egg on my face tonight.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
TAGG
May 15, 2016, 9:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
I never thought Paul Hurst would get us up but he's proved me and a lot of others wrong

Thanks Paul for making our great club a Football League club once again and offer my sincerest apologies for doubting your ability as a manager.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
mickyj1949
May 15, 2016, 9:32pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -64
hope notts county take him sooner the better,he's loan sighnings were pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › A massive apology

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.