5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
May 5, 2016, 9:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
What a spineless performance that was. How many times did anyone look to receive the ball whilst underpressure? How many times did anyone look to run with the ball and beat a man? How many times did you commit yourself to getting forward? How many brainless decisions can we make from giving away a stupid penalty to ball watching in their box? The manager will get slaughtered on here by people who think you can play at a higher level but not one of you showed that tonight. Nolan and Tait aside that was embarrassing. There's more to being brave than running around putting tackles in. Be brave on the ball on Sunday or you'll be playing part time for someone next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
May 5, 2016, 9:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Only see the last 30 but thought Nolan put in a shift (from what I see) Macca sprinting to get the ball for free kicks etc. As much as I want to have a go at the players it's Hurst I'm furious with, the tactics,  the formation. argh I think I need to get off the forum for the night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2016, 9:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from lukeo
Only see the last 30 but thought Nolan put in a shift (from what I see) Macca sprinting to get the ball for free kicks etc. As much as I want to have a go at the players it's Hurst I'm furious with, the tactics,  the formation. argh I think I need to get off the forum for the night

Nolan was shite TBH, sat for too deep dwelled on the ball looking for the killer pass allowing them to mark up, surrendered possession on too many occasions but tonight he was not the only one.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
ginnywings
May 5, 2016, 9:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
The game was summed up for me when their keeper dropped the ball and not one Town player was anywhere near pouncing on it. The keeper had a cup of tea, then dropped on the loose ball. Didn't want it enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
dapperz fun pub
May 5, 2016, 9:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Forget tactics we don't use tactics
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
MuddyWaters
May 5, 2016, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Nolan is technically gifted but for all the froth, there's no end product. I wouldn't single him out though, I thought the Captain was dreadful tonight with zero leadership.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 5, 2016, 10:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I wouldn't say Nolan was shite. For long spells he was the only midfielder with any attacking intent.

On tonight's evidence (and many other games this season) Arnold ought to make sure his scissors are sharp because at this rate he's going to need a job.

Money for me wasn't bad. OK no pace but he did create some moments from his unorthodox position. Disney had about 3 good moments. Tait was about the only other player (and maybe Podge) who earned his crust.

Hurst has his faults and for me is the number one culprit, but the team gave up tonight. They were good for the 2nd quarter of the match, and started the second well, but once that goal went in the effort went down and down. Not flipping good enough.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
barralad
May 5, 2016, 10:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
It's all about opinions but I really don't get the criticism of Nolan tonight. He was the only player who showed for the ball. He hoovered up a lot of loose stuff in midfield. He covered a hell of a lot of ground. Players like him though require others to make themselves available for a pass-his game thrives on short passes. Tonight it didn't happen and Braintree were not going to stand back while he dwelt on the ball...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
LH
May 5, 2016, 10:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Tait the only one who can say he did enough for his wages tonight; maybe McKeown too who showed urgency to keep it going towards the end.

Nolan seemed to be getting in the way all the time. IMO he can count himself a bit lucky to not get sent off for the scissor tackle in the centre circle just after half time.

It's an absolute disgrace that Arnold and Monkhouse - who haven't been anywhere near good enough for long periods of the season but tonight especially - weren't motivated by having a proper wide player on the bench. More to do with crap player recruitment this season than anything.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
carrot top
May 5, 2016, 10:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
To be honest I'm not that upset tonight because I am now so used to abject failure over the last 10 years or so. I wonder where it will all end. I just hope we don't turn into another Stockport County. I would rather just start again like Wimbledon than have these clowns continually fleecing us. Operation promotion? I know there is still a chance but ffs

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO the players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.