4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HackneyHaddock
May 5, 2016, 8:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Were a complete disgrace this evening.  Barring a bit of noise at the beginning, it was flat as a pancake at the end, with people heading for the exits, getting on the team's back and making no-effort to support them.

I know there wasn't much to cheer about (there'll be other threads for critiquing the performance, so don't give me your excuses), but we're halfway through a tie, and had a spell of pressure that could have brought something.  To see the players carrying the ball towards the Pontoon in near silence while individuals shouted "Hurst Out" was shameful.

The only upside is that we've got no choice but to go all out attack in the second leg, and will have a much more supportive away following there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
May 5, 2016, 8:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I agree with your point, however I feel like the manager has alienated the crowd for a few seasons now, the style of football doesn't always get the crowd going, and the optimism often gets sapped by a soggy limp into the playoffs each season.

I think grimsby town fans as a whole offered the club a very optimistic fanbase the club could be proud of at the beginning of this season and the club, the management and the team havn't taken full advantage of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
HackneyHaddock
May 5, 2016, 9:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
I agree with your point, however I feel like the manager has alienated the crowd for a few seasons now, the style of football doesn't always get the crowd going, and the optimism often gets sapped by a soggy limp into the playoffs each season.

I think grimsby town fans as a whole offered the club a very optimistic fanbase the club could be proud of at the beginning of this season and the club, the management and the team havn't taken full advantage of that.

Can't disagree with any of that.  The atmosphere sounded sad and depressed more than anything.  I think the fans have just been ground down over the years and the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
Jaws
May 5, 2016, 9:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Bores me when people whinge about the crowd. We bring 5x the amount of fans home/away as other teams, that's enough support!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
chicaneuk
May 5, 2016, 9:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Can't disagree with any of that.  The atmosphere sounded sad and depressed more than anything.  I think the fans have just been ground down over the years and the season.

I agree with this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
jonnyboy82
May 5, 2016, 9:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
How about we stop blaming the fans, you cant blame them for putting that drivel on show tonight.

The fans have had enough of the same old ,you just know whats going to happen.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
TAGG
May 5, 2016, 9:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
What a load of balderdash.
The team and the manager got the crowd reaction they deserved.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
HackneyHaddock
May 5, 2016, 9:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
jonnyboy, it wasn't blame, just an observation.  The crowd were useless.  Doesn't mean I don't think the players were even more useless.

Unless we get out of this one, it's going to need to be a change just to generate some excitement among the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
Grim74
May 5, 2016, 9:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
The crowd don't win matches!  what do you expect from us that's the dross we get served up week in week out enoughs enough sack the girl private.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Green27
May 5, 2016, 9:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Bullshit! Fans deserve a medal for not repeating the Halifax atmosphere.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Home Crowd

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.