This thread currently has 1,900 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
DocTower
May 4, 2016, 12:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
So Braintree offer us 600 ,  for a Sunday game when more bodies are available ,   they have similar ticket availability  but just how many have they sold to come here ?     I can't see why we don't do as Wembley and make the away club buy tickets to sell , if they don't sell them hard luck .  Why should we open up a 2000 seater stand for 40 odd ( if we're lucky  )   and empty 8 stewards.   Not very cost effective .
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
May 4, 2016, 1:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from DocTower
So Braintree offer us 600 ,  for a Sunday game when more bodies are available ,   they have similar ticket availability  but just how many have they sold to come here ?     I can't see why we don't do as Wembley and make the away club buy tickets to sell , if they don't sell them hard luck . Why should we open up a 2000 seater stand for 40 odd ( if we're lucky  )   and empty 8 stewards.   Not very cost effective .

We're not, they have only been allocated the Osmond Corner, behind the goal is for Town fans.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
gary_elton
May 4, 2016, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Their ground guide says the away end holds up to 1,000 fans..... so how come for a
match that is segregated they only offer 600....????

( apologies in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere but i've been off the radar for 9 days )  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
grimps
May 4, 2016, 3:07pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
I honestly believe it's time to start electing clubs back into the league like the old days , A club like Braintree is already showing why they should never get a chance to join the top 92
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Rik e B
May 4, 2016, 3:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Wouldn't go that far, the 'big boys club' etc.

Braintree want to make home advantage count, they can do as they please within the yardstick of their requirements under the rules.

No different to say a premiership team giving away fan's minimal allocation and sticking them up in the gods on a side stand or something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
grimsby pete
May 4, 2016, 5:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from grimps
I honestly believe it's time to start electing clubs back into the league like the old days , A club like Braintree is already showing why they should never get a chance to join the top 92

That would not help us,

The veggie chairman has more money than our non chairman,

If you know what I mean , nudge nudge wink wink.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
HertsGTFC
May 4, 2016, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from grimps

This works both ways...........it could be argued that Mr Vince's brown paper envelopes would be bigger than Mr Fenty's if this was the way into the FL.

Would be open season for gratuities, bribes, bungs and just plain corruption.........it would look very fishy if next year 72FL club chairman all had new solar panels on their houses and VGR went up.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › scramble for tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.