This thread currently has 5,177 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
April 30, 2016, 10:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Can't seem to see one and haven't read the other posts so not swayed by them.

Surprised to see Warrington start although the rest of the team was similar to what I expected.

Unfortunately not enough of our reserves, showed they are pushing for starts. Although he played a part in their goal Pearson was our best performer. Warrington pulled off a couple of decent saves after his blunder to gift them the goal, Tait, Robertson,East did well enough but the midfield and 'strikers' were shockingly bad.

Jennings tried I guess but far too light weight and ineffective, Clay was running in quick sand most of the game and Henderson looked like he hadn't played for months. The less said about Hoban and Pittman the better!!

Tranmere are awful. They were playing our reserves and hanging on at the end.
If they have finished 6th then it shows the league is poor
Private Message
barralad
April 30, 2016, 10:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Cloudy
Can't seem to see one and haven't read the other posts so not swayed by them.

Surprised to see Warrington start although the rest of the team was similar to what I expected.

Unfortunately not enough of our reserves, showed they are pushing for starts. Although he played a part in their goal Pearson was our best performer. Warrington pulled off a couple of decent saves after his blunder to gift them the goal, Tait, Robertson,East did well enough but the midfield and 'strikers' were shockingly bad.

Jennings tried I guess but far too light weight and ineffective, Clay was running in quick sand most of the game and Henderson looked like he hadn't played for months. The less said about Hoban and Pittman the better!!

Tranmere are awful. They were playing our reserves and hanging on at the end.
If they have finished 6th then it shows the league is poor

Still on the bus. Agree with just about every word. I was very disappointed in Henderson who couldn't seem to pass to a Town player. I thought Clay had a reasonable game defensively but our need for someone in midfield to go at them in Nolan's absence showed his limitations. Venney did more in his 20 or so minutes than Henderson Arnold and Jennings managed between them all game.
Town fans were  great. The new song even had the stewards tapping along. Excellent  rendering of Justice for the 96 during the minutes applause.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Jarmo.Is.God
April 30, 2016, 11:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
This was a big day for the players who are not regulars to give Hurst a selection headache, and they didn't do a good job!

Henderson and Clay couldn't pass a ball 10 yards in front...

JPP and Hoban didn't click at all and both played awful

Bogle come on and made a slight difference but not much he could do

Venney made a massive difference IMO, got stuck in, and was a nuisance to them by not giving them a minute on the ball, and also looked like he had played all season when he got the ball, pinging it about and making forward runs, which we was lacking. Which makes you wonder why he has hardly been given a chance...

Not sure on the goal, Warrington should of caught it, and Pearson should of cleared it.

Never mind, today was good day with a great atmosphere.

Also the police seemed to do a good job in the stadium and let us fans do as we pleased, so well done to them!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Mariner Timsky
April 30, 2016, 11:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Out of interest what was the new song???

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
barralad
April 30, 2016, 11:45pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Out of interest what was the new song???

I knew you'd ask! It sounded like it was about Podge. The bloke sat next to me reckoned we'd borrowed it from another team. I'm sure another Fishy poster can enlighten...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
ska face
May 1, 2016, 12:06am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,624
Gold Stars: 840
It's that Payet song to the tune of Achy, Breaky Heart, and it's the biggest pile of male masturbation going.

Hoping not to hear it again.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
barralad
May 1, 2016, 12:19am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ska face
It's that Payet song to the tune of Achy, Breaky Heart, and it's the biggest pile of male masturbation going.

Hoping not to hear it again.

The x factor jury vacancy beckons sir!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
ska face
May 1, 2016, 12:48am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,624
Gold Stars: 840
What's the point though? Just blatantly stealing someone else's song and shoehorning Amond's name into it? Fair enough, clubs have always had similar songs, but I was personally embarrassed to hear town fans singing that today. Individuality in football fan culture has been on the wane for a long time, but this trend of nicking some ten-bob, flavour of the month song because you've heard it on the telly, or watched some goon chucking beer about to it on footballawaydays or some other such shite, is the worst of the lot.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
chaos33
May 1, 2016, 12:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Maybe you should find some more important things to care about.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Chrisblor
May 1, 2016, 1:33am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Aren't most football songs nicked off other teams though? Should we stop signing the greasy chip butty song because it was originally a Sheffield United one, or is it time to bin off 'when the town go steaming in' because it's really just a song for Southampton supporters? I quite liked the Amond song today - was pretty catchy and I didn't even know it was a West Ham knock-off (not like I really care either).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.