Private Message
carrot top
April 26, 2016, 12:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
I'm amazed that it has taken so long to finally decide they were unlawfully killed. Families have had to live with this for years. They finally get justice.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 88
Cloudy
April 26, 2016, 12:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
We ALL make errors of judgement but to have covered them up for so long is unforgivable in my eyes.

Nothing will bring them back but frankly the treatment of football fans as criminals continues unabated to this day which has been the case under every government (blue or red) ever since
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 88
mariner tommy
April 26, 2016, 2:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
The Police have lied, lied and lied again to try and divert the blame from themselves blaming everybody else.
I would just like to see David Duckenfield jailed for complete failure in his duty of care towards the fans, I dislike him intensely.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 88
Eastendmariner
April 26, 2016, 2:54pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 22
For a injustice to take so long to be brought  to a. Rightful outcome is a National Scandel  Thatcher  who did not have a hand in the actual events of that terrible day .She along with her cronies did nothing to bring the truth out  and forever will be part of the WHITEWASH  that ensued Lets not be Nieve  To allow blood samples to be taken from the kids that  tragically perished  to instigate that alcohol was the cause of the tragedy  is immoral and Optus  Thatcher was a snob and hated the working class . The blame lies with the whole establishment . The families of the bereaved had no one to turn to but themselves and y have to commend them for their  belief and faith.

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 88
Grim74
April 26, 2016, 3:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Heads should roll now but they won't 😕

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 88
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 26, 2016, 3:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Eastendmariner
For a injustice to take so long to be brought  to a. Rightful outcome is a National Scandel  Thatcher  who did not have a hand in the actual events of that terrible day .She along with her cronies did nothing to bring the truth out  and forever will be part of the WHITEWASH  that ensued Lets not be Nieve  To allow blood samples to be taken from the kids that  tragically perished  to instigate that alcohol was the cause of the tragedy  is immoral and Optus  Thatcher was a snob and hated the working class . The blame lies with the whole establishment . The families of the bereaved had no one to turn to but themselves and y have to commend them for their  belief and faith.

There was no establishment cover up, just a bunch of incompetent police telling lies to try and get out of the crap and digging a deeper hole every time they opened their mouths.

Whatever court cases, inquests and inquiries are held I doubt we will ever know the total truth of everything that happened that day.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 88
Eastendmariner
April 26, 2016, 4:02pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 22
I really don't take on board this was a low level cover up and that people further up the ladder didn't know what what was going on . We have understand that the stories and lies being perpetrated rated by the police -councils and media (the excrement paper the sun) government minsters was so far from the truth that if this was a ordinary policeman that had decided to open the gates the Eastablishment would of put him out to dry . Duckenfield was to blame and his allies rallied round and turned a blind eye for months and as the truth slowly came out. The Goverment did nothing hoping it would go away. So for at least 10 years this was passed from pillar to post. The fans who were unfortunate to be there that day looked to the Establishment for justice and they turned their back on them that tells me a higher public servant or department knew something that in its self is a disgrace. You are right we may never know what truly happened in Leppings lane Ihave been there with Town on many occasions. It's how the powers be that be handled the tragedy afterwards that's the real crime

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 88
sam gy
April 26, 2016, 4:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
The words of Thatcher's press secretary say it all...[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg99nNSWgAAXMHp.jpg:large[/img]

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 88
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 26, 2016, 5:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Eastendmariner
I really don't take on board this was a low level cover up and that people further up the ladder didn't know what what was going on . We have understand that the stories and lies being perpetrated rated by the police -councils and media (the excrement paper the sun) government minsters was so far from the truth that if this was a ordinary policeman that had decided to open the gates the Eastablishment would of put him out to dry . Duckenfield was to blame and his allies rallied round and turned a blind eye for months and as the truth slowly came out. The Goverment did nothing hoping it would go away. So for at least 10 years this was passed from pillar to post. The fans who were unfortunate to be there that day looked to the Establishment for justice and they turned their back on them that tells me a higher public servant or department knew something that in its self is a disgrace. You are right we may never know what truly happened in Leppings lane Ihave been there with Town on many occasions. It's how the powers be that be handled the tragedy afterwards that's the real crime

You can go round in circles with this forever blaming the freemasons, the government and Uncle Tom Cobley and still be no nearer the total truth. The waters were muddied beyond redemption by The Sun. After that, nobody believed anything that anyone said, and they still don't. The pressure of sympathy is enormous.

As for Bernard Ingham's comments, they reflect what he and a lot of people thought at that time. Why should they not think that? They were not clairvoyant. Ingham was years out of the loop by then. It's easy to condemn with hindsight from 20 years later.

I have every sympathy for the families. I've been crushed at European, FA Cup and top league games in different grounds from the 60s onwards and it is a terrifying experience. You think you will never escape, you can't breath, you have no control over your arms and legs, you panic and that makes it worse.

Never was that experience once caused by the police though. Every one was caused by the surges of largely drunken supporters or yobs. So of course people thought the same about this event. I did. Our own experiences gave us that opinion. Only much later did the incompetence and misconduct of the police come out.

Nevertheless I don't hold with those holier than thou people who use this as some sort of conspiracy theory. There were bad people, stupid people, cunning people and people given misinformation but it would never have been worth any politician's while to actually conspire to save them from discovery. That is just foil helmet territory.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 88
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.