Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › disused/abandoned/derelict buildings in NE lincs
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 270 Guests

disused/abandoned/derelict buildings in NE lincs

This thread currently has 9,737 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
April 12, 2016, 10:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
As we know many abandoned disused derelict buildings in the area

When did House Of Holland close at the Riby Square end of Freeman Street?

Also what's that large building behind the railway line down that small road running of Pasture Street, it may be called Robinson street or something like that ? what was that building used for ?

Also anybody got any fascinating interesting memories or stories of these buildings when they were used ?

Also what other derelict buildings is there

This could be an interesting thread
Logged Offline
Private Message
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 12, 2016, 10:19am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Dont get me started on the council they would rather intercourse about with stupid pavement around town and mess the whole bus system up rather than doing up old buildings which are smashed up and in need of repair.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
cmackenzie4
April 12, 2016, 6:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Good post Dave this is something I'm very interested in myself - I seem to recall that building saying Viscount on it (on corner of Pasture street)/Robinson street) not sure what they did, Who can remember the old brewery down near pasture street? Can't remember the name maybe some of the older posters may remember!

I'm very interested in the bygones and love to read them in the telegraph Dave, I must be getting old now because I was in them myself The other day (when I was boxing in the 90's) anyone see it?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
barralad
April 12, 2016, 6:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Good post Dave this is something I'm very interested in myself - I seem to recall that building saying Viscount on it (on corner of Pasture street)/Robinson street) not sure what they did, Who can remember the old brewery down near pasture street? Can't remember the name maybe some of the older posters may remember!

I'm very interested in the bygones and love to read them in the telegraph Dave, I must be getting old now because I was in them myself The other day (when I was boxing in the 90's) anyone see it?

The brewery was Hewitt's later Stones. That other building was I think something to do with Cosalt. Don't quote me tho.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
grimsby pete
April 12, 2016, 6:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Hewitts  but that drunken old sod barralad beat me to it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
cmackenzie4
April 12, 2016, 7:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Who can remember the old signal boxes at Fish dock road, Wellowgate, Cartergate, Littlefield lane, Great Coates?

My old box Pasture Street got demolished December 26th 2015 due to the re-signalling programme - the only one remaining is Garden street which can not be demolished due to being a listed building (although Network rail tried damned hard to get it demolished)

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
grimsby pete
April 12, 2016, 7:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Me  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
ginnywings
April 12, 2016, 11:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
The Ice House currently falling slowly to bits and another bit of the towns heritage crumbling before our eyes. They will let it get to the stage where it can be declared dangerous and then they will have an excuse to knock it down. File under Winter Gardens and the Nautical School.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
AdamHaddock
April 12, 2016, 11:58pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
The school on Eleanor street is a pretty building. How long has it been boarded up?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
cmackenzie4
April 13, 2016, 8:52am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from AdamHaddock
The school on Eleanor street is a pretty building. How long has it been boarded up?

I used to go for swimming lessons there when I was a kid, (I got my 1st grade there) must be the 80s when it closed Adam.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › disused/abandoned/derelict buildings in NE lincs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.