9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
bawarmy
March 28, 2016, 5:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,005
Gold Stars: 32
Where did that £100k go that the supporters raised as I don't think we have signed anyone we wouldn't have if it wasn't available. Speaking to someone at the club about it they said it has long been frittered away and they can't believe this hasn't been mentioned before.  They said the AGM should be fun if it is mentioned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
March 28, 2016, 5:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,380
Gold Stars: 532
I assume somes still left, we made hefty bids for Vose and a striker from margate in January but both refused to come
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 86
HertsGTFC
March 28, 2016, 5:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from bawarmy
Where did that £100k go that the supporters raised as I don't think we have signed anyone we wouldn't have if it wasn't available. Speaking to someone at the club about it they said it has long been frittered away and they can't believe this hasn't been mentioned before.  They said the AGM should be fun if it is mentioned.

I am not sure the lad who sells the programmes on the corner near the Imp knows what he's on about....................This was a really long thread a few weeks ago, best left alone.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 86
fleabag1970
March 28, 2016, 5:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I am not sure the lad who sells the programmes on the corner near the Imp knows what he's on about....................This was a really long thread a few weeks ago, best left alone.  

Yes .... Do not question anything at all , ever , never ................ How dare you .  #Freespeech

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 86
Laddy89
March 28, 2016, 6:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Probably spent on Hursts and Doigs petrol bills each week considering Doig travels from Birmingham everyday and Hurst from Rotherham. Pathetic if you ask me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 86
HertsGTFC
March 28, 2016, 6:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fleabag1970

Yes .... Do not question anything at all , ever , never ................ How dare you .  #Freespeech

Actually your right mate TBH............. I just thought the topic was exhausted last time when it became a massive thread. Did we ever get to the bottom of it? Will the deluded ego maniac or the self appointed saviour who is "putting his money where his mouth is" ever give us any visibility on such things? I doubt it..  Though as a trust member and contributor to OP I think we could have done a better job in letting people know where it went.

I'll ask Susan Mullen she appeared to have known all the answers, maybe PH should ask her about selection & formation.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 86
fleabag1970
March 28, 2016, 6:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The Fans Gave 100k to a Business that over the last 13 years has Dropped down to its current level.   Im guessing that If Operation Save Our Club had happened in 2003 it would not of raised any thing like 100k ?  

It is good to ask questions though ....................... Also it is good to think before you act ..........................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 86
HertsGTFC
March 28, 2016, 6:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Laddy89
Probably spent on Hursts and Doigs petrol bills each week considering Doig travels from Birmingham everyday and Hurst from Rotherham. Pathetic if you ask me.

I am not sure we are great at paying for petrol............ask Magnay.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 86
Laddy89
March 28, 2016, 6:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Haha very good point!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 86
Davec
March 28, 2016, 6:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I can understand players not relocating to Grimsby all the time with the possibility they could be on the move again within a year or so providing they don't live too far away

But Warrington Hurst and Doig travelling over 150 mile round trip each day is absolutely ridiculous, imo players and management should all live within say a 75-85 mile radius

Or maybe When we are back in the league and finances are looking better, could the club buy some housing in the Grimsby area then rent out to new players for a cheap rent ?

When that player leaves the club, they then vacate the premises

Would that hep with the location problem ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 86
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 100k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.