3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
zorro_is_a_Mariner
March 22, 2016, 7:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Am just starting my driving lessons and looking to get a car on finance later on in the year, looking for a ford firesta or vauxhall astra at about 10,000 over 3-4 years. Anyone got a car on finance and know the best deals and ways to go about it ect.... would rather not pay a huge deposit or a balloon payment at the end.

Thanks  

Gtfc all the way
Logged Online
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
March 22, 2016, 7:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
You might be as well looking at a bank loan rather than car finance. Have a look on one of the comparison sites.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
grimps
March 22, 2016, 8:08pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
Have a look at what offers the dealers have online , if your after a Fiesta or an Astra then the chances are that the dealer will have one on the forecourt that they will eventually have to register themselves and use as a demo of they can't sell it, these are the cars you can get a good deal on.Whatever price they tell you at first you'll be able to get a lot more knocked off.
Some dealers have 0% fiancé offers on or Low rates which the bank won't be able to beat , sometimes they have higher rates that will make the bank a better option.
I've had six new cars in seven years and had all of them on PCP finance , make sure the payment suits you and is affordable and you can't go wrong.
You can't beat having a new car with a warranty knowing you won't have any problems for a few years.

If your serious about a fiesta and you live in the Grimsby area then go to Heartwells and get a quote , then walk out with that quote and go straight to Immingham Ford , I Promise that he'll beat any quote that Heartwells give you and won't give you any of the bullshat either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
Hagrid
March 22, 2016, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
I work in finance mate and id say if your looking for that, go for a PCP agreement as opposed to a HP agreement, bank loan is another option, but id look at getting yourself ablut a 1000 deposit and get your monthly payments on the PCP at about 100 a month
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
mariner83
March 23, 2016, 11:01am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
This is worth a read

[url=http://www.arnoldclark.com/newsroom/006-pcp-pch-or-hp-car-finance-explained]http://www.arnoldclark.com/newsroom/006-pcp-pch-or-hp-car-finance-explained[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
cmackenzie4
March 23, 2016, 12:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from mariner83
This is worth a read

[url=http://www.arnoldclark.com/newsroom/006-pcp-pch-or-hp-car-finance-explained]http://www.arnoldclark.com/newsroom/006-pcp-pch-or-hp-car-finance-explained[/url]

That's what I read before purchasing my car in January,  I got a real good deal on a VW Golf - small deposit and finance over 3 years then the car is mine. Very straight forward.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
zorro_is_a_Mariner
March 23, 2016, 1:13pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I didnt even consider pcp but reading more into it, it will suit me more having a new car every few years with low monthly costs so am considering that defo... thabks for your help guys.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Grim74
March 24, 2016, 7:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Am just starting my driving lessons and looking to get a car on finance later on in the year, looking for a ford firesta or vauxhall astra at about 10,000 over 3-4 years. Anyone got a car on finance and know the best deals and ways to go about it ect.... would rather not pay a huge deposit or a balloon payment at the end.

Thanks  

Have you thought about a lease deal for your first car? My lad has got a brand newVauxhall corsa on a 3 year lease from a local dealer £250 a month with free insurance.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
mariner83
March 24, 2016, 2:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Grim74

Have you thought about a lease deal for your first car? My lad has got a brand newVauxhall corsa on a 3 year lease from a local dealer £250 a month with free insurance.

I was also going to suggest leasing, not something I've done personally but there are some good deals to be had!!

I recently bought a Polo and used CarWow to spec it, then took the best deal offered to Marshall's who matched the price.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
grimps
March 25, 2016, 12:58pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Grim74

You could have got a BMW for that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.