7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
November 27, 2015, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
I don't give a toss for Lincoln City or anything associated with them.
I also don't care for anyone on their forum either, they really think that they are of superior intelligence and we are all brain dead.
What a bunch of idiots they really are.
If you really want a chuckle then read the posts of "scotimp" on their forum. Blimey does he think he's something special.
First class idiot.
Oh, and if he wants to check my spelling and granmmar then he's quite welcome to do so. (he likes to do that you know, being all superior to every one else).

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 68
mariner91
November 27, 2015, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
I did have a chuckle after one of their posters called "The electric banana" was saying how thick we all are then promptly went on to misspell vocabulary and their. Their FFS; a five letter word. I'm glad irony is alive and well in Lincoln.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 68
aldi_01
November 27, 2015, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I've had it years...hard to shift...

As for Moyses, he is an amateur that got his job because he essentially bought it. Obviously Hearn wasn't happy, may be he could've gone about it differently but it's happened now. Interestingly, Hearn hints at a different story to what the guy in the Echo is suggesting.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
Teestogreen
November 27, 2015, 7:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete
This reminds of Gordon Hobson remember him ?

He packed his bags and said he was off to Southampton,

Even though he was under contract .

I'll always remember Gordon Hobson putting in a man of the match performance in probably his last game for Town against Norwich City, scoring the only goal, when Norwich were already promoted to the top division.  
Also, didn't we sign Jack Lewis from Lincoln for about £3000 quid.
And didn't we sign Matt Bloomer from Lincoln on a Saturday morning before a 2-1 defeat against Carlisle United, when their Spanish left full back Aralnade scored twice, and later on and ultimately we didn't get promoted with a minute to spare, courtesy of Northampton? See you Russell.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 68
Abdul19
November 27, 2015, 8:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Teestogreen

I'll always remember Gordon Hobson putting in a man of the match performance in probably his last game for Town against Norwich City, scoring the only goal, when Norwich were already promoted to the top division.  
Also, didn't we sign Jack Lewis from Lincoln for about £3000 quid.
And didn't we sign Matt Bloomer from Lincoln on a Saturday morning before a 2-1 defeat against Carlisle United, when their Spanish left full back Aralnade scored twice, and later on and ultimately we didn't get promoted with a minute to spare, courtesy of Northampton? See you Russell.

Yes that's right, we did sign Bloomer just before the Carlisle game. It was 2 days after that famous Wrexham victory, when 73 of our side finished the game injured.

Oh, and Tom Newey missed a penalty when we were 2-1 down.

(The Northampton goal was irrelevant though, I know Northampton fans like to take credit for stopping our promotion but they're wrong!)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
HertsGTFC
November 27, 2015, 9:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Grimsbyitis - That will be the excuse for not bringing many at Xmas to BP.

I looked this term up in the dictionary and found the following descriptions.......

Grimsbyitis - Paranoia that your local competitor has more class a better standard of workmanship amongst it's employees who by the way like the tools of their trade to observe the laws of gravity and stay on the ground.

Grimsbyitis - A condition which effects but is not exclusive to prima donna footballers who lack the necessary professionalism to return to their former place of employment and  in front of thousands of die hard's who adored them ply the trade that they get reasonably rewarded for.

Grimsbyitis - A condition that could possibly lead to you being vocally ridiculed by thousands of devote genuine followers during the season of good will when the black and white forces of good will triumph over the red and white geographical neighbours who marry their sisters by all being well 5 - 0 at the Mecca that is known as Blundell Park.

Your choice and time will tell which one is true...................... I'd personally like to think they all are TBH.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
Marinerz93
November 27, 2015, 9:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I've just been reading up on Lincoln's success since they were formed.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
chaos33
November 27, 2015, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from grimsby pete
This reminds of Gordon Hobson remember him ?

He packed his bags and said he was off to Southampton,

Even though he was under contract .

You're right Pete. I remember at the time, being angry and upset and thinking...'Hang on a minute....'?!?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
Mrs Doyle
November 27, 2015, 10:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Haha really got the wood on him if he's so paranoid he's created a medical condition about us the guy must be losing his marbles.  Hobson scored some cracking goals whilst here he really was quality shame he left so quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
Rik e B
November 27, 2015, 11:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Grimsby-itis... so is he allowed to say that? Or is it frowned upon and like spastic or something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › "Grimsbyitis" It sounds serious

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.