Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Save OUR Season

This thread currently has 14,853 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
October 31, 2015, 7:11am
Guest User
It has to happen now! Why are so many disillusioned that PH is the right man for the job??!!

I listened to yet another interview where he refers to the Club, the Fans and the Players as 'they' and how important it is to 'them' to win promotion. Never have I heard 'we'! Isn't that quite alarming that after 4 or 5 years he still can't say 'WE'?

He lacks desire, passion, personality, but more importantly, tactical awareness. Wingers on the bench, Nath on the left??!!

The Manages desire needs to match the fans and this great club. Because of him, the efforts of Operation Promotion have dwindled into an anti climax.

Please relocate to Yorkshire because Ronald McDonald could reach the playoffs with this squad!
zorro_is_a_Mariner
October 31, 2015, 7:29am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
On a right downer today after yesterdays match, i bloody hate losing. Hopefully we can turn it around but its dissapointing losing to your rivals

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 70
Hagrid
October 31, 2015, 7:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Ruins the weekend doesnt it. Could be down in the middle if the table again come 5pm 😩
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 70
Mrs Doyle
October 31, 2015, 7:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Get a grip FFS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 70
lukeo
October 31, 2015, 7:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
I'm not saying I want him sacked or anything but if this is how he comes across on interviews he must be asked the question? It sounds silly to some but saying 'them' and not 'we' makes me feel annoyed.
In the same kind of scenario I joined a new football team and within a couple of weeks 'ypu' and 'they' turned into 'we'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 70
ginnywings
October 31, 2015, 7:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I'm still p1ssed off this morning. The crowd were desperate for something to get behind last night but yet again, the dampest of damp squibs descended on BP. Cheltenham were a shambles 6 months ago and now they are better than us. I'm not Hursts biggest fan as you know but again i was willing to give him another chance. Again the same sh1te is happening and our home record is dire. The away record is not as good as previous seasons either. If FGR and Cheltenham are the best this division has to offer, then we should be doing better. Fresh ideas desperately needed IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 70
ginnywings
October 31, 2015, 7:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Get a grip FFS!

You get a grip. Hurst isn't good enough and it should be obvious by now. Teams that have been in this league for mere months are leaving us standing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 70
chaos33
October 31, 2015, 8:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm still p1ssed off this morning. The crowd were desperate for something to get behind last night but yet again, the dampest of damp squibs descended on BP. Cheltenham were a shambles 6 months ago and now they are better than us. I'm not Hursts biggest fan as you know but again i was willing to give him another chance. Again the same sh1te is happening and our home record is dire. The away record is not as good as previous seasons either. If FGR and Cheltenham are the best this division has to offer, then we should be doing better. Fresh ideas desperately needed IMO.

I agree. That was a great attendance last night, and the paying public deserve better. There are teams in L1 who won't get that attendance today. How ere they rewarded? - a non performance as so often happens. The thing that's annoying me most this morning is that Cheltenham are hardly a particularly good team. They were decent, but were able to outsmart us because we have no contingency or particular creativity to fall back on, and no alternative method other than hopeful lumping. Additionally, we couldn't even manage one decent set piece delivery - so often a decisive factor in these type of tight games. That's inexcusable in my opinion as we had plenty of corners and free kicks.

I'm afraid that I'm with Ginny...I really have had enough of Hurst. He's had time and backing and fans have been patient. The writing is on the wall. For me, this season had to be a title challenge. I really can't see how that will come to pass.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 70
Grim74
October 31, 2015, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1542
It has to happen now! Why are so many disillusioned that PH is the right man for the job??!!

I listened to yet another interview where he refers to the Club, the Fans and the Players as 'they' and how important it is to 'them' to win promotion. Never have I heard 'we'! Isn't that quite alarming that after 4 or 5 years he still can't say 'WE'?

He lacks desire, passion, personality, but more importantly, tactical awareness. Wingers on the bench, Nath on the left??!!

The Manages desire needs to match the fans and this great club. Because of him, the efforts of Operation Promotion have dwindled into an anti climax.

Please relocate to Yorkshire because
Ronald McDonald could reach the playoffs with this squad![quote]

Being saying this for years it seems, if we got rid of hurst now it wouldn't do any harm at all to our promotion prospects (play offs) you could stick the cleethorpes town manager in charge  and I would bet large we would still be in the playoffs come the end of season.

It's about time the happy clappers that are quick to congratulate Mr Hurst on reaching the playoffs woke up, because this team is capable of winning the league but at present we are not even challanging for it!!! the league quality is at its lowest ever but we now have arguably the best squad since being down here, so let's get someone else in now who can get the best out of them we have nothing to lose.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 70
October 31, 2015, 10:00am
Guest User
Macca with AB mentoring him = Promotion and PASSION!
Reply: 9 - 70
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Save OUR Season

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.