Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Supporting Grimsby - The areas new fashion trend?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Supporting Grimsby - The areas new fashion trend?

This thread currently has 10,558 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
August 4, 2015, 9:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I was on a bus in Hull last night going through their city centre and saw only one Targers top...it got me thinking about how many Town tops you see out and about in comparison to that

Maybe it's now becoming more acceptable to show some pride in our club rather than run the gauntlet of being taunted by the plastics and you know what fashion trends are like...once it gets going, you find more and more want to be seen wearing the same clobber to fit in with the rest.

Hopefully we get off to a great start to the season and even more will be encouraged to proudly wear their black and white stripes whenever and wherever they can  

Well, Podge has commented on the amount of Town shirts he's seen out and about.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....12-detail/story.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
lobsterpot
August 5, 2015, 4:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
I was in Skegvegas over the weekend in Wellies bar watching the Charity Shield in my town shirt. After about 15 mins some woman went past and shouted " Up the Mariners " and in the 2nd half a couple of blokes walked in. 1 came upto me, shook my hand and said " It was nice to see a proper football team in here "

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
jock dock tower
August 5, 2015, 4:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Am out in Thailand with the wife for Xmas and New Year, so the true test will be to see if there's any fake Town tops on sale out there.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
Paris Mariner
August 5, 2015, 5:02pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from lobsterpot
I was in Skegvegas over the weekend in Wellies bar watching the Charity Shield in my town shirt. After about 15 mins some woman went past and shouted " Up the Mariners " and in the 2nd half a couple of blokes walked in. 1 came upto me, shook my hand and said " It was nice to see a proper football team in here "

Yeah, there's plenty of us about in the Skeg area!!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 33
FishOutOfWater
August 6, 2015, 8:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Just this minute seen the first Town top of the day...in Hull Paragon station

We're here, we're there, we're every ****ing where!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 33
mike_d
August 6, 2015, 9:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

Suppose we will know when we've really arrived once someone posts a photo of man with hipster beard in East London coffee or barbers shop wearing a town shirt

I can do everything bar the hipster beard - I'm too old, and certainly too flipping unhip to sport one of those...

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Rick12
August 6, 2015, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Youngy
Is it just me or is following Town the latest new fashion trend around the town?

The amount of people who are buzzing about the Mariners or simply taking an interest in the club is fantastic. I was sat in my car the other day outside Tesco with my shirt on and a random tapped on my window and starting saying about how he was going to more games this season. Customers of mine are telling me about there road trips planned for the season. Lads walking around town today shouting UTM when they see a Town shirt. It's brilliant.

The thing that pleases me the most though is the new generation of support. A few year back I was genuinely worried that we had lost a generation of support but seeing the amount of youngsters and teens going to games now and attending the open day, it's brilliant to see and long may it continue.
People that support Grimsby are true fans and not plastic glory hunters in my opinion .Makes me laugh when people who live down in London support Man Utd or Grimsby locals supporting Man u.You should support a team that you have some connection to be it area you live etc.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
psgmariner
August 6, 2015, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The worst is people from Cleethorpes or Louth who follow GTFC. Glory boys, go follow your local team ffs.

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
speedy
August 6, 2015, 9:58am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from psgmariner
The worst is people from Cleethorpes or Louth who follow GTFC. Glory boys, go follow your local team ffs.

Don't want them 6 finger freaks supporting town  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
cmackenzie4
August 6, 2015, 10:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Rick12
People that support Grimsby are true fans and not plastic glory hunters in my opinion .Makes me laugh when people who live down in London support Man Utd or Grimsby locals supporting Man u.You should support a team that you have some connection to be it area you live etc.

I am proud to tell people that I support Town wherever I am in the world, what I have noticed over the years is that "so called town fans" have give up and gone on to support other teams (premiership) because of where we are in the leagues, how can they be true fans?  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Supporting Grimsby - The areas new fashion trend?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.