Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Supporting Grimsby - The areas new fashion trend?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 35 Guests

Supporting Grimsby - The areas new fashion trend?

This thread currently has 10,525 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Youngy
August 3, 2015, 9:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Is it just me or is following Town the latest new fashion trend around the town?

The amount of people who are buzzing about the Mariners or simply taking an interest in the club is fantastic. I was sat in my car the other day outside Tesco with my shirt on and a random tapped on my window and starting saying about how he was going to more games this season. Customers of mine are telling me about there road trips planned for the season. Lads walking around town today shouting UTM when they see a Town shirt. It's brilliant.

The thing that pleases me the most though is the new generation of support. A few year back I was genuinely worried that we had lost a generation of support but seeing the amount of youngsters and teens going to games now and attending the open day, it's brilliant to see and long may it continue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
LondonMariner43
August 3, 2015, 9:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
200 miles away but great to hear about this vibe.  Great for the town as well as Town - Grimsby is the butt of lots of cheap jokes and this team are restoring our pride.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Tinymariner
August 3, 2015, 11:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I commented to my wife today about the amount of people wearing Town tops, in and around Grimsby, including Louth. It's great to see, UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
GrimsbyGrandson
August 3, 2015, 11:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Location: Galway, Ireland (soon to be Richmond, Virginia, USA)
Approval: +16
I'll be spreading the word and making GTFC disciples in Virginia.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
Brisbane Mariner
August 3, 2015, 11:45pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Fantastic - just what we need a resurgence in passion for our club. Brilliant. I want to be there..... UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 33
Rik e B
August 4, 2015, 12:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I was at Butlins at weekend, my mate had Town top on. Some geezer in a Liverpool top shouted "Up The Mariners!" and a few random had a yarn with him about Town.

Hopefully the first comment shows it's becoming cool for the plastics to find a little place in their hearts for their hometown club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
mariner91
August 4, 2015, 5:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,246
Gold Stars: 253
Managed to convert my local guide in Guatemala to follow Town instead of Liverpool when I told him about Operation promotion and showed him some videos of our support.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
grimps
August 4, 2015, 8:49am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
The last time the whole Town really got behind the Mariners was the Buckley years. after the cup run of the 88-89 season it was as if we all new we was going to steam roller the league the next season.
Again that buzz got bigger and bigger and took us all the way to what is now the championship.

Around that time everyone was a Mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
gary_elton
August 4, 2015, 8:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
One of the most enjoyable things about Towns match at Boston was a group of children in the seats , probably numbering around 15 or so... singing town songs and chanting... earned a round of applause from the standing  "senior " fans behind the goal... great to see a new generation of town fans....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
GrimRob
August 4, 2015, 9:26am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
At this rate we'll be attracting "plastics" from other towns  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Supporting Grimsby - The areas new fashion trend?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.