Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jeremy Corbyn
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 421 Guests

Jeremy Corbyn

This thread currently has 46,272 views. Print
34 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
July 24, 2015, 4:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Maringer

Ha ha ha! Classic Tory propaganda!

Doesn't hold up very well when you look at the actual facts, however:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/06/welfare-britain-facts-myths

Yep, there are always one or two who will try to work the system, but they are in a tiny minority.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be nice if we could cut down on tax evasion and fraud? HMRC reckons the tax gap is currently £34 billion per year (that's tax that should be paid but isn't) and I've seen comments indicating this hopelessly underestimates the true figure.

Rather than hitting the poorest with a few billion of cuts, how about getting the wealthy to pay what they should? There's a thought.

Anyway, signing off now as heading off on holiday in about 8 hours!

Have a fun week, everyone.

Don't forget to post your final donation to the fund before you spend all your holiday money mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 334
HackneyHaddock
July 24, 2015, 7:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
For those of you voting for Corbyn, who are you going to give your second preferences to?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 334
Chrisblor
July 24, 2015, 9:35pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Toss up between Burnham and not even bothering to list one. At the start of campaigning I didn't even expect to consider voting for any other candidates - sadly Burnham's been a huge disappointment which is why i'm considering not listing a second preference.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 334
Manchester Mariner
July 24, 2015, 10:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Chrisblor
Toss up between Burnham and not even bothering to list one. At the start of campaigning I didn't even expect to consider voting for any other candidates - sadly Burnham's been a huge disappointment which is why i'm considering not listing a second preference.

This. Corbyn or bust for me. Unless something pretty drastic happens I'm not voting for a second choice. If its a mandatory thing then I'll probably vote whoever is perceived to have the least chance of winning so not to effect things. I still predict scheming and standard politician rug pulling to get a Burnham victory.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 334
GrimRob
July 24, 2015, 11:19pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Been an interesting betting market this one. Burnham has been favourite from the start but everyone else has had a stint at second favourite and Burham's odds have lengthened considerably.. Corbyn is still a good bet to get the most first preference votes. I backed Cooper at 6/1 originally I have layed her now to cover my bet so I don't lose anything.Hope she wins as well, regardless of policies I think a female candidate would stand a better chance of beating the Tories in 2020.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 334
Marinerz93
July 31, 2015, 6:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
When the candidates for Labour leader were interviewed on TV, Corbyn was quizzed about inviting IRA and Islamic fundamentalists to Parliament.  He gave a well thought out and reasoned answer, he said something like {you need to get people together to see were they stand and try and find common ground.}

It was a good reply and in that instant for me along with his other answers I said to my wife that he should be leader.  I'd no sooner said that, and he was asked on his stance of Northern Ireland and he said he would like to see a unified Ireland. My thoughts after he said that were I hope he puts on some concrete boots and jumps off the Humber bridge.  

Not only is he a sympathiser he is an apologist, just another George Galloway but in a different animal skin.

There is a reason why he has stayed on the sidelines for so long.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 334
HighamMariner
August 10, 2015, 2:09pm
More to life than sucking fentys meglomaniac behind
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -64
The trouble with political bias is that you cover up errors/mistakes/incompetence.  I much prefer to take each election as an individual event and then cast my vote according to what feels best at the time.

A couple of you seem hell-bent on pulling apart the arguments of others without examining the flaws in your own.  Pathetic really.

My two penneth, the Country needs a strong labour party to push the conservatives to the absolute limits.  Elections, like it or not are won in the centre ground by winning the support of the floating voter, labour have lost sight of that.  I sincerely hope that they get there act together ready for the next election so that centre ground voters, and yes I am one, have a genuine choice to make.

Be back when fenty felicitations off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 334
AdamHaddock
August 10, 2015, 3:13pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
1 Burnham
2 Cooper

Watson for deputy after his efforts to take on the Murdoch press

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 334
Marinerz93
August 11, 2015, 10:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Without Labour votes from Scotland it is going to be decades before Labour get a sniff of power.  Labour had a chance to level the playing field when they were in power to make the voting more democratic but it didn't suit their majority at the time.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 334
FishOutOfWater
August 11, 2015, 4:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Marinerz93
Without Labour votes from Scotland it is going to be decades before Labour get a sniff of power.  Labour had a chance to level the playing field when they were in power to make the voting more democratic but it didn't suit their majority at the time.

So they did...and now it's come back to haunt them

http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/vote2001/hi/english/voting_system/newsid_1216000/1216185.stm

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 334
34 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jeremy Corbyn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.