Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Only 10000 tickets sold!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Only 10000 tickets sold!

This thread currently has 132,305 views. Print
50 Pages Prev ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
May 16, 2015, 2:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Add in the relative prosperity of the areas Pete and it evens it out even more.

Quite right Kingston, NE Lincs is  largely a very low paid area, much more so now than in 98 and a trip to Wembley
wouldn't leave much change from £100 per person, if we manage 14000 it is a very creditable effort IMHO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 480 - 492
KingstonMariner
May 16, 2015, 2:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
About 2 year ago Bristols unemployment rate was 3.7%, it's now 5%, still below the national average.

Grimsbys unemployment rate is currently over 10%, nearly double the national average.

Not sure if it makes much difference, but I'm sure if their was more people in full-time jobs, people wouldn't think much of £80 to watch 90 minutes of football with the extra disposable income they more than likely have.

It'd make a massive difference - not only to those extra 5% unemployed but to loads of other folk whose wages will be depressed as a result. There are a lot more high-skilled high paid jobs in the Bristol area.

Average property price in NEL is £85k. Average for City of Bristol is just shy of £200k.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 481 - 492
KingstonMariner
May 16, 2015, 2:22pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from petethemariner

Quite right Kingston, NE Lincs is  largely a very low paid area, much more so now than in 98 and a trip to Wembley
wouldn't leave much change from £100 per person, if we manage 14000 it is a very creditable effort IMHO.

Yep. And hit harder by the cuts (benefits relative to size of the local economy).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 482 - 492
Nelly GTFC
May 16, 2015, 2:33pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
I don't really need to say this, but I've been to every home game this season and I'm not going to Wembley, first time I've not been or gone to an important play-off final.

I'm currently unemployed, worked over 18 years full-time. I've got plenty of money in the bank from when I was working, but while not working I can't put myself to splash out the £100 or so it will cost me to go.

I'll be buying a season ticket in the coming months, I'll happily buy one no matter what league we are in next season, and knowing that all the money goes to Grimsby Town PLC, without this scummy conference league profiteering more than both the clubs in this years final.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 483 - 492
Marinerz93
May 16, 2015, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We are still taking more for a 5th tier play off final than the Scunts did for a League 1 play off final and that was without the ticket fiasco we have currently faced.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 484 - 492
Jaws
May 16, 2015, 4:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Was in the club shop this morning (must add new shirts are better in the flesh) and there were people going in and trying to buy tickets for tomorrow. Club shop staff stated you can pay on the day but wondering if that would put some potential fans off....
Private Message
Reply: 485 - 492
Madeleymariner
May 16, 2015, 4:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
I've just emailed SeeTickets to let them know my tickets that were apparently despatched on Monday did not arrive so I have the hassle of going to pick up reprints at the stadium tomorrow. If they dont arrive in the future I will be asking for the postage fee back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 486 - 492
moss_side_mariner
May 16, 2015, 4:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I don't really need to say this, but I've been to every home game this season and I'm not going to Wembley, first time I've not been or gone to an important play-off final.

I'm currently unemployed, worked over 18 years full-time. I've got plenty of money in the bank from when I was working, but while not working I can't put myself to splash out the £100 or so it will cost me to go.

I'll be buying a season ticket in the coming months, I'll happily buy one no matter what league we are in next season, and knowing that all the money goes to Grimsby Town PLC, without this scummy conference league profiteering more than both the clubs in this years final.

Sent you PM

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 487 - 492
HertsGTFC
May 16, 2015, 4:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

Sorry to hear that, my dad has not missed a home game all year but can't go tomorrow due to ill health (can't walk too far) and he like you will be 110% behind the lads and back at BP next year regardless of tomorrow's result.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 488 - 492
KingstonMariner
May 16, 2015, 5:50pm
Meths Drinker
Yeah, sorry to hear that too Nelly. This Town knows there are folk like you and others working shifts or in ill health who can't make it, but would be there given the chance. You're there in spirit. We'll just have to sing that bit louder for you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 489 - 492
50 Pages Prev ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Only 10000 tickets sold!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.