Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Steward headlocks Town fan ,way over the top.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Steward headlocks Town fan ,way over the top.

This thread currently has 38,056 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
gaz57
February 12, 2015, 8:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
A police officer is not allowed by law to assault anyone so this is ridiculous. As for the response of GTFC
I am not surprised, I remember in our last season in the league a fan ran on the pitch from the lower findus and the stewards caught and held him. I had no problem with that because they acted properly but I did complain to the head steward about the female steward running up to the fan while being held and landing heavy punches to his head. Needless to say the steward or the club never bothered to get back to me and the female steward carried on working for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 129
Marinerz93
February 12, 2015, 8:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think the fella said in the telewag he wasn't pursuing it which would go some way to explain why this shocking incident has been 'let go' by all concerned.

Quite sad really, it should have been followed through, not for personal gain but to make sure this doesn't happen to a child or vulnerable adult.  You can't chest lock someone and accidently get them in a head lock, especially as the fella was using his arms to hold the ball he was blowing up.

I call bullshit on the excuse by FGR and I am disgusted that someone from the club hasn't taken this incident serious enough to show the travelling supporters that the club has their interests at heart.  

Basically the club wants your away support but you are on your own should you get man handled by over zealous hired security with no means of address.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 129
codcheeky
February 12, 2015, 8:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
what has our police liaison officer who seems intent on filming everything said a bout this incident?
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 129
Sussexmariner
February 12, 2015, 9:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Let's see how his "headlock technique" has improved when we lose the second leg away at FGR

The "boys" from the Burton game will be taking their inflatables no doubt hoping he chooses them to practice on

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 129
mariner91
February 12, 2015, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,245
Gold Stars: 253
Would love to get them in the play offs and for 1500 Town fans to each take a Harry Haddock.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 129
February 12, 2015, 9:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from codcheeky
what has our police liaison officer who seems intent on filming everything said a bout this incident?

One thing is for certain is that he won't be sticking up for the Town fan even if the Town fan wasn't in the wrong.
Reply: 105 - 129
KingstonMariner
February 12, 2015, 11:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Outrageous outcome. Shame on FGR, shame on the police and shame on our club's spokesman.

If it had been rugby the fellah with the inflatable would have got a pat on the back for enhancing the atmosphere. As it's football fans, you can do anything you like to them.

I hope we don't get FGR in the play offs. For one, I now hope they don't get that far. Secondly, I'd be worried about the actions of some Town fans there.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 129
Les Brechin
February 13, 2015, 7:59am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
According to today's Telegraph, the fan in question is seeking legal advice and is to take the matter further, as he is not happy with the outcome reported.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 129
lobsterpot
February 13, 2015, 9:02am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
This looks like a case for Judge Rinder!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 129
Garth
February 13, 2015, 11:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
FGR statement regarding this instance is shocking, and as to whether or not the guy headlocked has taken it further is up to him, but regarding our own clubs seemingly non interest in the matter is very disappointing, IMO they do have some moral responsibility to ensure that our non violent fans are treated with the same respect as shown to away fans at BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Steward headlocks Town fan ,way over the top.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.