Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Town's 5-Year Goal To Net New Stadium
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Town's 5-Year Goal To Net New Stadium

This thread currently has 21,889 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
November 14, 2014, 9:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121

Both.

Well in Tim's case you must have info. I don't have access to. I don't recognise the description!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 108
HackneyHaddock
November 14, 2014, 10:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Sorry if i'm missing something but i can't see no stadium, just loads of flats.

EXACTLY.  The idea of these pictures is to show the development as a whole and how it fits into the local area.  In Brentford's case, apartments in an urban area in desperate need of housing.  In our case, it could show leisure and community facilities, landscaping and give an impression of how the ground fits into the local area.

It's precisely to show people that it's not all about the stadium that Brentford produced these images and brochures; to address the wavering element of local opinion which was in the end crucial to them getting the go-ahead.  We need to do the same and start appealing to the 100,000 people who are open to persuasion that this development is good for the town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 108
promotion plaice
November 14, 2014, 11:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

EXACTLY.  The idea of these pictures is to show the development as a whole and how it fits into the local area.  In Brentford's case, apartments in an urban area in desperate need of housing.  In our case, it could show leisure and community facilities, landscaping and give an impression of how the ground fits into the local area.

It's precisely to show people that it's not all about the stadium that Brentford produced these images and brochures; to address the wavering element of local opinion which was in the end crucial to them getting the go-ahead.  We need to do the same and start appealing to the 100,000 people who are open to persuasion that this development is good for the town.

I now see where your coming from, maybe the problem here is that Towns new ground is on a greenfield site, and Brentfords new ground is on land currently occupied by industrial tenants. Having said that i totally agree with you.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 108
petethemariner
November 15, 2014, 12:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
one question we should perhaps ask is will BP as it presently stands be a usable facility for 5 more years? Personally i
doubt it,surely its only a matter of time before the wooden shambles we call the main stand is denied a safety certificate
and the rusty iron girders holding  up the roof of the Osmond are an embarrassment,as are the wilderness areas in the corners,
the new stadium was first muted 20 years ago and i am totally fed up with it all now, 1 year delay, 2 years delay,council district
changes, red tape,newts, bull sh1t, more bullsh1t, Great Coates NIMBYS and now we are told it could still be 5 years away and
in a location so bizarre its bound to start the merry go round of objections all over again.
Lets just  revamp BP, concentrate on improving our league status and re-visit this in the future,otherwise we could find ourselves
with both with an even more embarrassingly  decrepit ground and still no sign of a new stadium
My opinion, i'm sure plenty will disagree..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 108
petethemariner
November 15, 2014, 12:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
one question we should perhaps ask is will BP as it presently stands be a usable facility for 5 more years? Personally i
doubt it,surely its only a matter of time before the wooden shambles we call the main stand is denied a safety certificate
and the rusty iron girders holding  up the roof of the Osmond are an embarrassment,as are the wilderness areas in the corners,
the new stadium was first muted 20 years ago and i am totally fed up with it all now, 1 year delay, 2 years delay,council district
changes, red tape,newts, bull sh1t, more bullsh1t, Great Coates NIMBYS and now we are told it could still be 5 years away and
in a location so bizarre its bound to start the merry go round of objections all over again.
Lets just  revamp BP, concentrate on improving our league status and re-visit this in the future,otherwise we could find ourselves
with both with an even more embarrassingly  decrepit ground and still no sign of a new stadium
My opinion, i'm sure plenty will disagree..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 108
WappingMariner
November 15, 2014, 1:22am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
Quoted from LH
I don't think any of us are getting younger to be fair.

I'm 25 in a few days. It's become as bad as Caistor's South Western Bypass...

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 108
Nelly GTFC
November 15, 2014, 2:01am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Take a look at this:

http://www.brentfordcommunitys.....adium-South-Site.pdf

I think something like this, even if in a very conceptual format, would be very helpful, especially the sketches of different view from different vantage points.  Can the club make some enquiries with Brentford and get a referral to the company who produced it?  
Check out the other pics here, looks awesome >> http://www.dharchitects.co.uk/#!brentford-community-stadium/c1bcb

Also >> http://www.afl-uk.com/ - Brentford, Rotherham, Chelsea - Stand, Wolves - Stand, plus other sporting projects including Rugby Stadiums, Nou Camp - Barcelona.

Grimsby Town should follow a similar, but unique design project, it's a pity Freeman Street could not be totally knocked down and rebuilt just like that, would totally regenerate the area.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 108
Rick12
November 15, 2014, 8:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from promotion plaice
Headlines today Grimsby Telegraph ( no link yet online ).

Grimsby Town hope to take plans for a new community stadium, with the goal of £200 million investment in related housing and retail development, to the next level before the end of the year.

The club's plan is to build a 14,000 seater community venue, with a 2,000- space car park.
A new retail and housing development will help fund the scheme and it is vital if it is to go ahead.

Over the next week, the Grimsby Telegraph will be breaking the matter down into a number of areas to explore the issues in detail.

Hope this finally comes to fruition at some point.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 108
BeijingMariner
November 15, 2014, 11:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
it's a pity Freeman Street could not be totally knocked down and rebuilt just like that, would totally regenerate the area.

would be a fab idea, that. it will be a land ownership issue though I reckon, maybe like the docks is, loads of different owners.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 48 - 108
grimsby pete
November 15, 2014, 11:27am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
We can discuss other sites and talk about revamping Blundell Park,

BUT

John Fenty has said on many occasions why they are not feasible ,

If we want a new ground we all have to get behind the Peaks Parkway site,

OR

We will remain at Blundell Park

It will in time fall down and we will have no ground at all.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Town's 5-Year Goal To Net New Stadium

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.